Total Votes:[ 29 ]
This poll closed on January 31, 2011.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
I've always thought that older fashion (prior to maybe the '90's) was more interesting, prettier, cuter, different, classy, whatever compliment you could possibly think of. However, modern day fashion also has its advantages such a being innovative. What do you think? Modern fashion? Older fashion? A mix of both? Why do you choose one and not the other?
"Or perhaps in Slytherin,
You'll make your real friends,
I think it depends. Both cover such broad ranges of styles that depending on what exactly you prefer to wear, both could be considered, cute, classy, etc.
Those cunning folk use any means,
To achieve their ends."
Each fashion era has something to offer. Different shapes, colours, materials and silhouettes suit a person, so you can't say one period is "better".
I personally think clothes from the 30-50's were classier than stuff today (for the most part). I'd love to wear things like that, but I can never find anything that I can afford.

I like today's fashion, too, though.

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
MoonStarMist
I personally think clothes from the 30-50's were classier than stuff today (for the most part). I'd love to wear things like that, but I can never find anything that I can afford.

I like today's fashion, too, though.

Exactly, the 30's-50's were probably the best times in fashion, but modern stuff is cool too. You're right, vintage clothes are so expensive now!!!!!

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
Caeleste
Each fashion era has something to offer. Different shapes, colours, materials and silhouettes suit a person, so you can't say one period is "better".

Each era does have something new to offer, it's just a matter of what kinds of styles you like.
Older fashion, the good styles anyways, just end up recycling them selfs. There is nothing really "new" these days.

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
Vanilla Flavored Toaster
Older fashion, the good styles anyways, just end up recycling them selfs. There is nothing really "new" these days.

Good point, i hadn't thought of that. A lot of clothes nowadays aren't very original because every technique has been used in the past somehow....

Shirtless Smoker

Caeleste

And remember, everything comes back in style!
I'm not fond of most of the new asymmetical dresses and jump suits.
(See here --> http://wardrobemag.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/rihanna.jpg )

I just don't like them. talk2hand

But as far as the new long cardigans, lace sunglasses, and neutrals go I'm all for it.

Fatcat

I usually stick to modern style.
However, once I saw a girl wearing an old fashion sweater with skinny jeans & booties, and I thought she looked so cute, so I was inspired to try that out. : P

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
DancingInDiamonds
I'm not fond of most of the new asymmetical dresses and jump suits.
(See here --& http://wardrobemag.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/rihanna.jpg )

I just don't like them. talk2hand

But as far as the new long cardigans, lace sunglasses, and neutrals go I'm all for it.

I agree, they are way too avant garde. You need a balance.

Lily-livered Cutie-Pie

8,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I love a bit of both but older fashion more.

The 20's, 30's, 40's and 80's are my favorites

Quotable Sex Symbol

I like a mixture of both smile

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
Haute Macabre
I love a bit of both but older fashion more.

The 20's, 30's, 40's and 80's are my favorites

I couldn't agree more. biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas