Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've been trying to get ahold of a bottle of Special Effects, Attomic Pink, Hair dye. The store I know that sells it is always out of the color.

Does anyone know any big name stores that sell it? I tried Sally's Beauty Supplies and They do not sell it. Any other Suggestions?

Beloved Bear

Unfortunately, SFX is generally hard to find in stores, and for some reason particularly Atomic Pink since it's such a popular colour. xD

I have no idea where you live so I can't really make any local suggestions, but if you are able to shop online, Amphigory and Funkyshop.com both sell it and may have it in stock.

If you know of a place that does sell it and just doesn't have Atomic Pink in stock, I suppose you could always ask someone who works there about when they plan to restock or if you could arrange something with them?

Best of luck. I spent a year with atomic pink hair and loved it. ; w;
Pandrogyny
Unfortunately, SFX is generally hard to find in stores, and for some reason particularly Atomic Pink since it's such a popular colour. xD

I have no idea where you live so I can't really make any local suggestions, but if you are able to shop online, Amphigory and Funkyshop.com both sell it and may have it in stock.

If you know of a place that does sell it and just doesn't have Atomic Pink in stock, I suppose you could always ask someone who works there about when they plan to restock or if you could arrange something with them?

Best of luck. I spent a year with atomic pink hair and loved it. ; w;

How Long did It last? I've heard it can last up to a couple of months!

I've never actually used it to know. Lately I've used manic panic but it comes out in about 2 weeks or so.

Beloved Bear

SFX is known for having amazing staying power. :']
Depending on what colour your hair is to begin with, whether you bleach it or not, how long you leave the dye in, and how often you wash your hair afterwards; All these things will affect how long the colour lasts and how often you need to touch up.

For me personally, I dyed over freshly bleached, pale yellow hair. Left the dye on for about two hours. It stayed very vibrant for at least 3-4 months, after which it faded slightly but not ever enough to warrant a touch up.

If you're used to manic panic, sfx will definitely be a big improvement.
Pandrogyny
Depending on what colour your hair is to begin with, whether you bleach it or not, how long you leave the dye in, and how often you wash your hair afterwards; All these things will affect how long the colour lasts and how often you need to touch up.

For me personally, I dyed over freshly bleached, pale yellow hair. Left the dye on for about two hours. It stayed very vibrant for at least 3-4 months, after which it faded slightly but not ever enough to warrant a touch up.

Thank you so much for all of your help~
Are you not able to buy online?

As for lasting time, that really depends on your hair. For some people, MP lasts longer, for others SFX does the trick best.
Flynn_MacCallister

As for lasting time, that really depends on your hair. For some people, MP lasts longer, for others SFX does the trick best.

I am, I just get nervious about ordering stuff from websites that aren't major retailers.

I used Manic Panic for 2 years and the longest it has lasted was 2 weeks before I had to re-dye it
Oh and the company doesn't sell the hair color I want.
Paintedstarshine
Flynn_MacCallister

I am, I just get nervious about ordering stuff from websites that aren't major retailers.

I used Manic Panic for 2 years and the longest it has lasted was 2 weeks before I had to re-dye it

You should be able to order from SFX direct, I think.

That's something you need to be careful of: when people say "it lasted four months!" they often mean that that's how long it took for the colour to disappear completely, not how long it was until it needed refreshing. Always ask when someone says something like that.

Also, did you use MP standard or Amplified? They have two ranges, and one's meant to be longer-lasting. If you know and trust MP, but have only used the standard one, you might consider trying to get the longer-lasting version...
Pandrogyny

Punky Colours is also really good at staying, and its usually found at grocery stores with the regular hair dye
Flynn_MacCallister
Paintedstarshine
Flynn_MacCallister

That's something you need to be careful of: when people say "it lasted four months!" they often mean that that's how long it took for the colour to disappear completely, not how long it was until it needed refreshing. Always ask when someone says something like that.

Also, did you use MP standard or Amplified? They have two ranges, and one's meant to be longer-lasting. If you know and trust MP, but have only used the standard one, you might consider trying to get the longer-lasting version...

I use Manic Panic Hot Hot Pink Amplified in combination with their Bleach. It lasted about 2-3 weeks before It turned a pastel pink over the desired Vibrant Magenta.

I also leave it in ranging from 1 and a half to two hours. I've added heat, and that made the color originally much darker but still it lasted the same.

I would order from Amazon, and try it but the color I was recommended to use is not being made at the moment. I'm not really sure why but it's not available online and the store I know that orders it said the company didn't send them any and possibly because it's a very popular color
Paintedstarshine
Flynn_MacCallister
Paintedstarshine
Flynn_MacCallister

I use Manic Panic Hot Hot Pink Amplified in combination with their Bleach. It lasted about 2-3 weeks before It turned a pastel pink over the desired Vibrant Magenta.

I also leave it in ranging from 1 and a half to two hours. I've added heat, and that made the color originally much darker but still it lasted the same.

I would order from Amazon, and try it but the color I was recommended to use is not being made at the moment. I'm not really sure why but it's not available online and the store I know that orders it said the company didn't send them any and possibly because it's a very popular color

: ( SFX themselves might be out of stock!

Do you use the conditioner gloss trick for these dyes, by the way? If you add a tablespoon or two of the dye into your conditioner and mix it really well, you effectively replace most of the dye that washes out every time you wash your hair... (This works nicely regardless of the brand you're using.)
Flynn_MacCallister
Paintedstarshine
Flynn_MacCallister
Paintedstarshine
Flynn_MacCallister

Do you use the conditioner gloss trick for these dyes, by the way? If you add a tablespoon or two of the dye into your conditioner and mix it really well, you effectively replace most of the dye that washes out every time you wash your hair... (This works nicely regardless of the brand you're using.)

I have not. Thank you for the tip! I've never even heard of that.

Have you used SFX? I really don't know a lot about it besides that people recommend it higher than manic panic
Paintedstarshine
Flynn_MacCallister
Paintedstarshine
Flynn_MacCallister
Paintedstarshine
Flynn_MacCallister

Have you used SFX? I really don't know a lot about it besides that people recommend it higher than manic panic

No; I was going to, but I reacted to it when I did a test patch on my arm.
Flynn_MacCallister
Paintedstarshine
Flynn_MacCallister
Paintedstarshine
Flynn_MacCallister

No; I was going to, but I reacted to it when I did a test patch on my arm.

I'm sorry sad

Do you use manic Panic

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas