Welcome to Gaia! ::

darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05

No it doesn't i have heard stories of the person defending their house getting in trouble and the armed buglers not getting anything done to them. Like has been said above sometimes you can tell when they are going to rape you so you can take appropriate measures to stop it.

No material possession in your house is worth ending someone else life over.

My families life is. I will not let my family get murdered

That's not a material possession. If a burglar is stealing your s**t and you kill him over it, then you are in trouble and rightfully deserve to be.

Like others have said you don't know what their intent is. It is called common sense on how you use your gun. You don't just start shooting you first threaten them with it. Most people when threatened with a gun will go away and leave you alone. I don't need no unconstitutional law telling me how i can and cannot defend myself and my family.

kjIf you're killing a thief, you aren't defending your family.
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05

No it doesn't i have heard stories of the person defending their house getting in trouble and the armed buglers not getting anything done to them. Like has been said above sometimes you can tell when they are going to rape you so you can take appropriate measures to stop it.

That's not a material possession. If a burglar is stealing your s**t and you kill him over it, then you are in trouble and rightfully deserve to be.

Like others have said you don't know what their intent is. It is called common sense on how you use your gun. You don't just start shooting you first threaten them with it. Most people when threatened with a gun will go away and leave you alone. I don't need no unconstitutional law telling me how i can and cannot defend myself and my family.

If a person doesn't know the motives of the person breaking into their house, and shoots first out of fear, I don't really see that as a contradiction with self-defense. Not too many folk are willing to wait to find out if the person is a burglar (non-violent) or a robber (violent).

8,050 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05

And once again i say it is common sense you don't just start shooting. You threathen them with it first. I'm not just going to sit there like a coward and let them kill/rape/beat whoever.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
God Emperor Akhenaton
black_wing_angel
That is a matter of opinion, actually. And circumstance. I have possessions in my home that hold sentimental value to me. Some were gifts given to me by my dearly departed grand-parents. I can not replace such items. Therefore, you're goddamn right I'll protect them from whoever wishes to take them from me. At all cost.

And somehow that is worth taking another life?

It was worth taking the risk, to them, wasn't it?

Quote:
If that happens to someone for your materialistic desires, then you should deserve to rot for life behind bars.

Why? I was in the right to protect what is mine. They caused a problem, and I ended it. As long as I gave them a legitimate chance to survive the encounter (empty handed, but still), then I've committed no crime. I have a right to protect myself and my belongings. You don't have a right to violate them. Simple as that.

To make this very simple: If you think it's ok to take something that doesn't belong to you, and violate the safety of innocent people for it, then you deserve to die.

Besides, do you think that criminal actually cared about my safety? No? Then why the ******** should I care about his?

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05

How aren't you? You're killing him, to ensure he can't kill you / yours. If it has to be you or him, why shouldn't it be him?
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05

And once again i say it is common sense you don't just start shooting. You threathen them with it first. I'm not just going to sit there like a coward and let them kill/rape/beat whoever.

I am not talking about defense of yourself, I am taking about defending material possessions and asking why it is so important to risk life and limd or end someone else's life over something that can be replaceable.

8,050 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05

I am not talking about defense of yourself, I am taking about defending material possessions and asking why it is so important to risk life and limd or end someone else's life over something that can be replaceable.

Do you really think that they will just run off if they see you. Probably not they will get violent because you caught them. If they did run off i wouldn't chase them down i would most likely just call the police. However if they are stealing something and choose not to run off and attack i want to be able to have the option to defend myself and others.

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05

If someone breaks into your house you have no way of knowing their intention. They don't stroll in and say "Hey guys! I'm just here to take all your expensive things! Have fun calling the cops and waiting ten minutes for them to get hear while I grab everything I can in two and then bolt wearing my handi dandi ski mask so you can't recognize me! OH and since I'm just stealing you can't shoot me because that'd be wrong!"

They could be there to steal your things, they could be there to rape someone in your family, they could be there just to mercilessly kill all of you, or they could be there to steal everything, but they don't want you calling the cops or defending yourself so they'll just decide to kill anyone they come across.

YOU HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING THEIR INTENTION.

When the day comes that I can summon the police in under ten seconds and/or carry a police officer around with me I will stop owning firearms. But until then I will use them to defend myself from intruders who break into my home, as I have no idea what their intentions are.
XcoldhandsX
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05

If someone breaks into your house you have no way of knowing their intention. They don't stroll in and say "Hey guys! I'm just here to take all your expensive things! Have fun calling the cops and waiting ten minutes for them to get hear while I grab everything I can in two and then bolt wearing my handi dandi ski mask so you can't recognize me! OH and since I'm just stealing you can't shoot me because that'd be wrong!"

They could be there to steal your things, they could be there to rape someone in your family, they could be there just to mercilessly kill all of you, or they could be there to steal everything, but they don't want you calling the cops or defending yourself so they'll just decide to kill anyone they come across.

When the day comes that I can summon the police in under ten seconds and/or carry a police officer around with me I will stop owning firearms. But until then I will use them to defend myself from intruders who break into my home, as I have no idea what their intentions are.

agreed

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05

Not all material possessions are replaceable. Some may have sentimental value.

My PS3? I can replace that. My stereo? Joke's on you, it doesn't even work. My autographed baseball? Don't even think about it, a*****e...

The pocket watch that my grandpa gave me during what would end up being the last year he would be alive? *click-click*
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05

So are you suggesting that I let a prospective thief come into my home; do nothing to stop him; and let him walk out with whatever pleases him, as long as he threatens neither me nor my family?

8,050 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
XcoldhandsX
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05

Explained it better than i could.
Agent Anonymous
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05

So are you suggesting that I let a prospective thief come into my home; do nothing to stop him; and let him walk out with whatever pleases him, as long as he threatens neither me nor my family?

There is nothing he can take material-wise that isn't replaceable. Your body however isn't and if you confront him and he kills you, then that really isn't a tradeoff. Now if you want to hold him at gunpoint and keep him until cops arrive, that's fine, but killing him, especially if he's unarmed is not going to go well with the jury.

Dapper Humorist

God Emperor Akhenaton
Agent Anonymous
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05

There is nothing he can take material-wise that isn't replaceable. Your body however isn't and if you confront him and he kills you, then that really isn't a tradeoff. Now if you want to hold him at gunpoint and keep him until cops arrive, that's fine, but killing him, especially if he's unarmed is not going to go well with the jury.

While the materials goods are replaceable, the service your doing to your community by putting down this kind of individual is absolutely invaluable and should come with a medal. That being said, how often does someone actually get shot by the legitimate owners during a burglary.
Ivan Isaacss
God Emperor Akhenaton
Agent Anonymous
God Emperor Akhenaton
darkdragun05

While the materials goods are replaceable, the service your doing to your community by putting down this kind of individual is absolutely invaluable and should come with a medal. That being said, how often does someone actually get shot by the legitimate owners during a burglary.

Happens quite often. The #1 cause of gun related deaths aren't murder or self-defense, they're accidents. Accidents mainly because America isn't exactly well known for their intellect.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff