Welcome to Gaia! ::

Since I just got an Xbox 360 Elite today, plugging and setting up 1080p on my recently acquired 24" AOC 2436vh, video playback shows true HD at 1080p, but in terms of gaming, there seems to be some sort of 'scaling', as if the game was scaled down. It looks slightly pixelated and it shouldn't be like that.

Prior to the Elite, I had a VGA HD cable, it showed the same resolution and display quality, now with an HDMI, it shows the same. I think it might be the monitor despite it being a 1080p monitor. But I would like some help here. Should I return the monitor and get a different one or should is it the Xbox/Cables? Since I'm using a Bell'O 3000 Series HDMI cable ($19.99 at Sears, but it's gold plated, supports 1080p, 125hz refresh rate, and even Dolby Surround support, 3D ready too!).

So, I'm inclined to believe it's the monitor at this point.

Any ideas or suggestions?
No, not all games run at 1080.

Some run at 720 because they're graphically more complex and running at a higher resolution would slow them down to an unacceptable level.
The Last Rydian
No, not all games run at 1080.

Some run at 720 because they're graphically more complex and running at a higher resolution would slow them down to an unacceptable level.

Yet on a TV it runs smoother and more detail, like my uncle's 55" Samsung 1080p HDTV. But not on my 24" AOC 1080p monitor.

What else could it be?
SlyFox04
Since I just got an Xbox 360 Elite today, plugging and setting up 1080p on my recently acquired 24" AOC 2436vh, video playback shows true HD at 1080p, but in terms of gaming, there seems to be some sort of 'scaling', as if the game was scaled down. It looks slightly pixelated and it shouldn't be like that.
Not all games for the XBox 360 run at 1080p natively. Most of them run at a lower resolution and are upscaled.

The game itself must render to a 1080p image. This is not a problem with your display or the console. It's the game.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff