Welcome to Gaia! ::

I really need your help!

I figure you would know, since you're into music and prowling the music thread.

I cannot decide on what headphones to buy. I want some nice/stylish over-the-ear headphones for my iPod (all earbuds hate me), and all the reviews I've read for skullcandy say that they break really easily... and all reviews for "wearethesuperlativeconspiracy" headphones say that they sound awful and are not worth the $50.

Do you own headphones? What brand? Should I go for the bulky/expensive/but nice sony or panasonic headphones, or just go with a cheaper,less durable brand?

any thoughts at all would be highly appreciated.
go cheap. i use these most of the time. they cost next to nothing so when they inevitably break i don't give a fig.

i've been using these for a bit now though and i'm not entirely happy with them.
MAXIMUM MALKMOSITY
go cheap. i use these most of the time. they cost next to nothing so when they inevitably break i don't give a fig.

i've been using these for a bit now though and i'm not entirely happy with them.

Thank you!

I own a pair of the ones you like,but my ears are are too small for them.

What don't you like about the second pair?
SecretlyConformist
MAXIMUM MALKMOSITY

Thank you!

*british accent*
show us a picha of yo ears luv
SecretlyConformist
MAXIMUM MALKMOSITY

Thank you!

they don't really fit well.

my ears are weird as ******** too. i, like a tool, bought a pair of Shure E4cs without trying out a similar model by them or anything, and they never fit in my ears properly. the only way i could even get them to stay in was with the expandable foam inserts, and they were irritating as hell. i barely used them.

so yeah, it's cheap headphones all the way for me
the correct answer is Sennheiser HD280 Pros

seriously if anybody tells you otherwise they are so, so wrong and don't know s**t. best headphones I've ever listened with under $200
however they might lose you some style points, I must admit. are you looking for something to walk around and look sexy with, or something that actually sounds good?
go with some cheap earbuds at best buy that will cost at around 10-13 bucks... that is unless, you want something with great sounds, which would mean you would have to dish out more money...
The Tired Sounds of

seriously if anybody tells you otherwise they are so, so wrong and don't know s**t. best headphones I've ever listened with under $200

there are a lot of better headphones than Senns.
MAXIMUM MALKMOSITY
The Tired Sounds of

at that price range, though?

Invisible Gaian

Skull Candies.
'Nuff said.
The Tired Sounds of
MAXIMUM MALKMOSITY
The Tired Sounds of

maybe a little bit more, but no more than $300 or so

i mean, i've used HD280s before and my Shure in-ears produced far better sound.
A Beautiful Farewell
Skull Candies.
'Nuff said.

hahahahahahahaha, no
MAXIMUM MALKMOSITY
The Tired Sounds of
MAXIMUM MALKMOSITY
The Tired Sounds of

I think you're confusing "better sound" with "better bass response", because obviously intraaural audio devices will have an easier time producing powerful bass than circumaural ones. I'm pretty sure they couldn't match HD280s in frequency response across the spectrum.

*edited for headphone terms brainfart
The Tired Sounds of
MAXIMUM MALKMOSITY
The Tired Sounds of
MAXIMUM MALKMOSITY
The Tired Sounds of

I think you're confusing "better sound" with "better bass response", because obviously interaural audio devices will have an easier time producing powerful bass than superaural ones. I'm pretty sure they couldn't match HD280s in frequency response across the spectrum.

i'm not an audio engineer, and i'm not talking about the technical capabilities of one as opposed to the other. i'm just saying i've used both, and the Shures sounded better to my ears.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff