Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
hi there .. Wow .. how come that all of you guys have the name ... Mr. , Ms. and Mrs. Know it all ... fabulous ...

to start with .. i'm writing a research paper about edgar allan poe and what i'm asking for right now is your help ... so please be serious and answer my question properly .

as you first read one of poe's works, did you thaught " Wow this man is so romantic .. just look at his style and words .. i wish the world was full of people like himself," if not ... then why? would please state your reasons ...

in other words.. did you considered him a romantic writer , if not then state your reasons ...
thank you so much ... 4laugh

7,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
off the bat,
No.
Reading his short stories, I'd have to say no,

but you know, in some of his poetry, there is a hint of sad longing where love once was.

but i would never read anything by him and go QUE ROMANTICO.

7,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
skank-o-box
off the bat,
No.

but you know, in some of his poetry, there is a hint of sad longing where love once was.

why .. i mean .. what makes you think so..
arabian-princess-33
skank-o-box
off the bat,
No.

Pit and the Pendulum = no.

Annabel Lee = slightly. if you look reeeaaalll hard.

7,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
skank-o-box
arabian-princess-33
skank-o-box
off the bat,
No.

Pit and the Pendulum = no.

Annabel Lee = slightly. if you look reeeaaalll hard.

which means ...?

7,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
please spill out your reasons clearly ..
I don't consider the man a romantic writer.
I don't because his tales and poetry never deal with the swooning, lustful styles of a "romantic writer." i.e. he aint no Shakespeare.
But you could assume that since he writes about the death of beautiful women, that there is a theme of lost love, which is SOMEWHAT romantic. In a morbid way.

7,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
skank-o-box
I don't because his tales and poetry never deal with the swooning, lustful styles of a "romantic writer." i.e. he aint no Shakespeare.
But you could assume that since he writes about the death of beautiful women, that there is a theme of lost love, which is SOMEWHAT romantic. In a morbid way.

thank you so much ... that would help me alot .. but still
while answering .. did you take in mind his gothic settings the maddness of his protaonists and the state of their sanity ..
What she is saying is that she does not find Edgar Allen Poe romantic.

This also depends on your point of view. In general, people will not find Edgar Allen Poe romantic. The reason is, His works are dark and macabre. They aren't romantic.

However, to the gothic/alternative crowd they can be considered romantic.
There are also those out there who would consider it romantic due to the sheer amount of longing in his works.

It really depends on the individual. For instance, depending on my mood I might consider him to be romantic, but at other times I may not.
arabian-princess-33
skank-o-box

while answering .. did you take in mind his gothic settings the maddness of his protaonists and the state of their sanity ..

When you consider something to be romantic... this doesn't come into the equation.
I consider him to be a romantic writer. He has an interesting, slightly embellished style that I find appealing and romantic. However, I've only ever truly read The Tell-Tale Heart and Annabel Lee.
But I found Annabel Lee to be incredibly romantic. heart

But then again, I'm not even sure how to correctly define Romanticism in literature, so I wouldn't go by my opinion in your paper. Good luck!

7,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
Jaded Sign
arabian-princess-33
skank-o-box

When you consider something to be romantic... this doesn't come into the equation.

well, i am not saying that he is romantic nor that he is not ..
i asking you to tell me as you look at him as individuals ..
moreover .. about the gothic part .. som might not consider him to be romantic because of the mentioned elements .. that's what i'm trying to say ...
and thank you for your precious opinion .. 3nodding

7,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
Hugsthebook
I consider him to be a romantic writer. He has an interesting, slightly embellished style that I find appealing and romantic. However, I've only ever truly read The Tell-Tale Heart and Annabel Lee.
But I found Annabel Lee to be incredibly romantic. heart

But then again, I'm not even sure how to correctly define Romanticism in literature, so I wouldn't go by my opinion in your paper. Good luck!

indeed that's exactly what i want ... your opinion ..
thanks for sharing it with me .. wink

7,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
please i need some more ...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers