Welcome to Gaia! ::

My mom raised me right though the years, tout me wrong from right, treat the way you wonna be treated, keep my grades up and every thing. Since I turned 18 she turned around. She became a complete nosie B***. She didn't seem to care about anything but her self. She tempted to ground me because I was out late. She would be nosie about my friends busyness like if they are gay ALL BECAUSE since when I came out to her. Even if I knew if they were or not it was their busyness, it was getting annoying. If I'm going some where then come back, she would ask a million questions like "Who all was there, What did you do, Where all did you go". She also goes threw my mail, ask who I'm texting, ask how much money I have and blah blah blah. We both are picky about serene things with food. If her order at a restraint was not right she will b*** and even take it out on the waiter. But if I want something warmed up I will ask my mom to worm it up and she will be like "Oh pretend" and I'll say please then she would be all p***y and say 'I' have an attitude. But if I do this to her she would be like "Excuse me. You want a back hand?". This is why I moved out and I'm 19.

Any of you in a situation like this, message me. I'm getting tiered of her bs.
She's in 'mother mode' as i like to call it, mine did the same thing until i moved out, she cares and is protective over you and worries, you'll understand one day when you become a mother yourself.

6,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Contributor 150
Integrity is right, she is in "mother mode". A lot of the things she's doing are her way of showing she cares (as misplaced as it is) and also, she's probably thinking "oh noes my daughter's growing up and I'm gonna lose her" and she's taking her frustrations out. My mother began doing that kind of thing shortly after I turned 18 too.

You just got to tell your mum, "Look, you've become a horrible person to be around, you know that?" and give her examples of her behaviour and hopefully she'd come good. Problem is when I do it, the serenity lasts about a month. At least you've moved out.

7,100 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
LiL_Tink_Freak
My mom raised me right though the years, tout me wrong from right, treat the way you wonna be treated, keep my grades up and every thing. Since I turned 18 she turned around. She became a complete nosie B***. She didn't seem to care about anything but her self. She tempted to ground me because I was out late. She would be nosie about my friends busyness like if they are gay ALL BECAUSE since when I came out to her. Even if I knew if they were or not it was their busyness, it was getting annoying. If I'm going some where then come back, she would ask a million questions like "Who all was there, What did you do, Where all did you go". She also goes threw my mail, ask who I'm texting, ask how much money I have and blah blah blah. We both are picky about serene things with food. If her order at a restraint was not right she will b*** and even take it out on the waiter. But if I want something warmed up I will ask my mom to worm it up and she will be like "Oh pretend" and I'll say please then she would be all p***y and say 'I' have an attitude. But if I do this to her she would be like "Excuse me. You want a back hand?". This is why I moved out and I'm 19.

Any of you in a situation like this, message me. I'm getting tiered of her bs.

hmm maybe she is just worried about you? :/c i mean... your no longer dependant on her since you got 18 years old. she has no control over you and cant know ask or know what has or what is going to happen to her daugther :/
Lady Wolfsheim

You just got to tell your mum, "Look, you've become a horrible person to be around, you know that?" and give her examples of her behaviour and hopefully she'd come good. Problem is when I do it, the serenity lasts about a month. At least you've moved out.

No, no no no no. DO NOT do this. It will probably hurt your mom's feelings and/or make her MORE pissy.

Why is it still a problem when you've moved out?

Avoid her when she gets on your nerves, or sit down and have a polite conversation with her about it. Something like "Mom, it bothers me when you do _____ because ________. Could you please try to work on that?"

6,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Contributor 150
HoneyRoasted

No, no no no no. DO NOT do this. It will probably hurt your mom's feelings and/or make her MORE pissy.

It's better to make it known to her that she's pissing you off and sometimes, you just have to ignore the possibility of hurting someone to get your point across.

I'm just saying, in my situation, it worked. For a little while, but it still worked.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff