This poll closed on February 21, 2016.
No longer accepting new votes.

High-functioning Lunatic

24,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fusion Expert 300
jellykans
...reading about the length of hair and what you can do with it...

Mine's grown out from losing it to cancer, is several inches long and curly. But the last couple weeks sleeping on it mashes the curls, so everyone's commenting on how it's grown, when it's mostly just flattening. >-< It's still looking pretty good.
was it curly before you lost it? One of my friends had breast cancer off and on for about 20 years before she lost her battle to it. Every time she lost her hair and it grew back it would be different. It changed colors, textures, etc.

Playful Guildswoman

Takkita
jellykans
...reading about the length of hair and what you can do with it...

Mine's grown out from losing it to cancer, is several inches long and curly. But the last couple weeks sleeping on it mashes the curls, so everyone's commenting on how it's grown, when it's mostly just flattening. >-< It's still looking pretty good.
was it curly before you lost it? One of my friends had breast cancer off and on for about 20 years before she lost her battle to it. Every time she lost her hair and it grew back it would be different. It changed colors, textures, etc.

Wow! I've heard of hair changing, but not repeatedly. My hair was wavy before, but now it's really curly. Pretty much the same color.

High-functioning Lunatic

24,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fusion Expert 300
jellykans

Wow! I've heard of hair changing, but not repeatedly. My hair was wavy before, but now it's really curly. Pretty much the same color.
maybe as it grows more it'll be less tight of curls. Guess we'll see. Are you cancer free now? Another of my friends is 70, cancer free after a year of chemo and radiation. The last chemo treatment was just "for good measure" and that one killed the nerves in his spine and the neuropathy's so bad he keeps falling sad . They said that that does happen sometimes but it's extremely rare and there's no way of knowing each time you get chemo how it'll affect you. sad He's such a push over. He didn't want the last one but they suggested it and he agreed. Oh wells. Right now he has a bright neon orange cast on his dominant hand cause he fell on it a few weeks ago. He falls pretty much whenever he's alone. Good news is he has no cancer now. Except the skin cancer he keeps having removed. It's interesting how every person is so different and react differently to the same treatment.

High-functioning Lunatic

24,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fusion Expert 300

weird the mp is disabled was there a staff notice or announcement about it?

High-functioning Lunatic

24,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fusion Expert 300

hmm all we got is "staff is aware" notice. But not an explanation. Dislike

Playful Guildswoman

Takkita
Are you cancer free now?

Yes, I passed a mammogram already post-treatment, and only have to take a pill a day to prevent recurrence of breast cancer, I had neuropathy before the cancer treatment, so they chose chemicals less likely to cause it, and I have none from the chemo. All around, the outlook is good. Sorry to hear about your other friend's problems with neuropathy.

High-functioning Lunatic

24,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fusion Expert 300
jellykans

Yes, I passed a mammogram already post-treatment, and only have to take a pill a day to prevent recurrence of breast cancer, I had neuropathy before the cancer treatment, so they chose chemicals less likely to cause it, and I have none from the chemo. All around, the outlook is good. Sorry to hear about your other friend's problems with neuropathy.

Congrats! I hope you do well with the preventative. How long till you're done with that one? I'm so happy for you biggrin

Sirrus_Myst's Widow

Liberal Goat

45,150 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Clambake 200
Takkita
emotion_donotwant Why is there no Straight Pride Flag?

Just saying cause it probably makes the straight people feel left out to not have a flag. Even us Asexuals got a flag o.O
There should be one!
(is bi, but completely agrees)

Sirrus_Myst's Widow

Liberal Goat

45,150 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Clambake 200
Ceeshnia
Teagen Sirrus
♥♋♡
∰ ♡ Cee says ◦◔ ⩊ ◔◦ ☛

◦◕.....◕◦
>∵..........∵<

That doesn't really sound fun to me sweatdrop

☚ ◦◕ ᴥ ◕◦ so listen ♡∰
♡猴♥
Heehee. I like my job. Mostly because my bosses and co-workers are really cool.

Sirrus_Myst's Widow

Liberal Goat

45,150 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Clambake 200
Sweet Sentiment
Teagen Sirrus
I thought she did wonderfully. That last note was a little off key, but the rest of it (including her look) was spot on.
Didn't notice that. I think she has a little trouble with the high ranges in general which is why she switched to singing others' parts. I'm tempted to go back over the video and see if I can lip read what Julie Andrews said to her. ninja But that would be invasive. sweatdrop
Ah that makes sense. I just thought it was a little off, but more so from excitement/nerves.

I think Julie was just really amazed and told her that she was proud of her (or something like that)

Dapper Dabbler

15,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Love Machine 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
I haven't been on gaia in so long I'm still in my Christmas outfit emo

Playful Guildswoman

Takkita

Congrats! I hope you do well with the preventative. How long till you're done with that one? I'm so happy for you biggrin

I take that for 5 years.

Sirrus_Myst's Widow

Liberal Goat

45,150 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Clambake 200
I have interwebs back!

. . . that is all. . .

Sirrus_Myst's Widow

Liberal Goat

45,150 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Clambake 200
jellykans
Sorry to butt in, but sounds like you had something similar to my mom. She is 4 years cancer free, so I'm sure you will have the same results! ^_^

Sirrus_Myst's Widow

Liberal Goat

45,150 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Clambake 200
Freakinspazmonkeys
I haven't been on gaia in so long I'm still in my Christmas outfit emo
Oh my!
Welcome back! heart

Quick Reply

Submit