Welcome to Gaia! ::

well i heard eating fish eyes are good for you. do you think its true?

Unstoppable Noob

12,775 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
The person who said that might have been referring to fish oil being healthy.

But really, why eat the eyes, the cheeks are where the flavors at heh. Fish cheeks are delicious.

8,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Isn't fish eyes what adults used to tell kids tapioca pudding was made of, so they wouldn't have to share? xp

Generous Man-Lover

10,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Goldfish42
Isn't fish eyes what adults used to tell kids tapioca pudding was made of, so they wouldn't have to share? xp
wow flashback lol...but yeah i dont think u can eat it...bail in a suop maybe but anything else wouldn't work to what i know of... sweatdrop

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
I used to suck on the eyes of fried whole fish when I was a kid. Not much to them as they're so small.

There's nothing especially nutritious or un-nutritious about them. Just some proteins and what not.

Bigger fish eyes from really big oceanic fish (like tuna) I've seen treated like delicacies though. However, the bigger the fish, the more parasites, so...eh.

The best way to have em, IMO is to boil the whole fish head into stock or soup.

6,700 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
When I was a kid I had a dream that I walked into this church and I was greeted at the door by a smiling old man offering me a dish filled with fish blood and eyes. It was very acrid tasting.

Shameless Lunatic

fish eyes.... neutral
I am filipina. I eat fish eyes when mother cooks sinigang.lol
Ah, fish eyes. Usually my Mum pinches them, along with the cheeks... and as LavanderDelight points out, they seem to be even more delicious with Sinigang. When my Mum cooks a big batch for a visit to some of her friends, she saves and then shares them with everyone.
I have to be in the mood for them.
I heard fish eyes are pretty healthy, they containa lot of vitamins including A, I used to have them a lot when i was a kid, but, since I'm a vegan now, I've given up eating them.

3,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Oh gosh, don't get me started on fish eyes! They're one of my biggest weaknesses. There's this particularly dish we have in my country, known as fish head curry, and the fish they use have edible eyes, and they are absolutely delicious! The eyeball tastes like egg, texture is a bit similar to it as well. What I really love though, is the gooey part around the eyeball. It's extremely hard to describe the taste though, but all I can say is that it tastes very fishy, and very delicious.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Survivor 150
Filipinos eat them.
i don't know what's good or bad though. =p
I haven't had 'em yet, but I'd jump at the chance. Seems like something I'd like.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff