Reveille 0.19480519480519 19.5% [ 15 ]
Total Votes:[ 77 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Heavenly Seraph

43,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I was putting together an outfit today, and I wanted to match the dress to the veil. This got me thinking. The color matchy-matchy style of outfit seems to be all the rage. Do you join the trend? However, the caveat is given that you should use no more than two items that are actually made to go with each other in an outfit. This state of affairs does well enough on avatar sites where a wide range of colors are used. However, what if things were always made to go together across the whole site? Take for instance the case of Ernya. On Ernya, every item is made using one of their 42 colors, so to match when dressing you only have to follow the name of the color like Garanimals. Does it appeal to you? Is this like using a set to you? Does it make things easier when dressing your avatar, or less creative?
Matching is for pillowcases. I think it shows a lack of creativity. But I still wouldn't wear pink and red together - ugh.

Tricky Saint

Couldn't care less for whether or not your avatar's hair clip matches the seams of its pants; that narrow way of thinking doesn't appeal, however, it's fun to play with colors and textures. I just aim for simplicity.

Interesting Lunatic

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Full closet 200
I don't really care about matching per say, but I do try to have some sort of theme and an overall balanced avatar.
Is that bad?

Heavenly Seraph

43,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
vesperda
I like to use a minimum of 3 colors to make an avatar with.
As for yours... sweatdrop I imagine it's hard to work with that new D*C item, it's just too big.

Yes. It is a bit hard to work with since it is big and recommends by it's nature one of the four or five wedding dresses we have that are the same shade of white.

I mostly use between two and four colors myself.

Heavenly Seraph

43,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Lambic
Couldn't care less for whether or not your avatar's hair clip matches the seams of its pants; that narrow way of thinking doesn't appeal, however, it's fun to play with colors and textures. I just aim for simplicity.

I often adopt this attitude, too.

If the items go together harmoniously, I will use them together.

However, some in the avatar chat would disagree, I hear.

I enjoy cluttering my avatar oftentimes, though.

Heavenly Seraph

43,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Lady Reader 2
I don't really care about matching per say, but I do try to have some sort of theme and an overall balanced avatar.
Is that bad?

Some sort of theme or idea to draw things together works as well as matching colors in my book.

Eh. I like to do matchy avis and non matchy avis. I don't care for what people say about my avi. If they compliment it, the a thanks goes your way but if you don't like it, is all the same all together. I do what I want and I do not follow any trend. I wear what I want, at any given time.

Dangerous Loiterer

It's hard to match when I have the skin, tail and ears to work around, but I always try to have a
          matching costume. It just seems prettier to me, and designing the outfit gives me something to
          waste time on. I've matched just about every avatar since I registered — apart from cosplay ones.

Normal Human

25,400 Points
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Distrustul Officer 50
I'm a bit of a matchfreak, but I only have so much patience for it. If I'm making an avatar and it's coming together in a way I like, and I just can't match it as precisely as I'd like... well, eh, it's close enough, it'll do. I'm not trying to win any awards here.

One of the major reasons I've started becoming a little less inflexible than I was, to my shame, is buying a Highwire Belladonna. I love that item, but that particular shade of dusty pink it uses is a real b***h to match with anything but itself, and I'm not going to buy more than one copy of an item that's that expensive just for the sake of matchfreakery, so - well, who cares if most of my pinks here aren't as dusty as they should be, I'd rather get some use out of this item I really love than precisely match.

Curious thing - I tried using hair for this avatar that matched a lot more closely than the blonde Porridge wig, but it didn't look as good, so... eh again.

Profitable Consumer

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Rebuilder 100
Well, I think matchy-matchy has been one of the basics a bit too long to be just a trend.
Maybe a standard? IDK, the word for a better description has lost me right now.

Anyway, I think its a good thing. Only with limitations can people really focus on creativity. Outfits just end up all over the place unless they have some sort of theme, and it just so happens that matching colours is the best for giving a set goal but keeping the widest range of possibilities.

Heavenly Seraph

43,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Solcrailtis

Eh. I like to do matchy avis and non matchy avis. I don't care for what people say about my avi. If they compliment it, the a thanks goes your way but if you don't like it, is all the same all together. I do what I want and I do not follow any trend. I wear what I want, at any given time.

Since you are the one always seeing your avatar, you must first dress it to suit yourself. 3nodding

Precious Seeker

Matching is fun, but I mostly just go for what I like. So long as it looks good to me I'm happy with it. 3nodding I try to avoid sets though...it's just more fun that way.
Angel Spirit Girl
Solcrailtis

Since you are the one always seeing your avatar, you must first dress it to suit yourself. 3nodding

Exactly. :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces