Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thinking of upgrading my computer monitor from HP W1907 to either one of these two:

I-inc iH 25" 1080p monitor or HannsG 24.6" 1080P monitor

Or...

Dynex 32" 720p LCD HDTV ( Click on the first listing)

What say you, Gaia Online?
At that size, there isn't too much of a difference in video quality. Though the extra wideness is nice, I'd go for the 32". But if you can, save a little more and get a 42" 1080p (I got one for 700 AUD)
Garethp
At that size, there isn't too much of a difference in video quality. Though the extra wideness is nice, I'd go for the 32". But if you can, save a little more and get a 42" 1080p (I got one for 700 AUD)
It's not the physical size of the screen that gives you more space though, it's the resolution.

Displays look best at their native resolution. If the native resolution only contains 1080 vertical lines, that's all you can expect to get without running into issues with display quality when running at higher than native resolutions.

All you get from increasing the size while maintaining the same the resolution is bigger objects on the screen, not necessarily more usable space. Going from 19 inches (with a smaller resolution) to 24 (with 1080p resolution) isn't much of a difference, but with 32 and 42 inch displays, things may be larger than desired if you're using it as a direct replacement for a desktop monitor that you're sitting a few feet from.
Bolweevil
Garethp
It's not the physical size of the screen that gives you more space though, it's the resolution.

Displays look best at their native resolution. If the native resolution only contains 1080 vertical lines, that's all you can expect to get without running into issues with display quality when running at higher than native resolutions.

All you get from increasing the size while maintaining the same the resolution is bigger objects on the screen, not necessarily more usable space. Going from 19 inches (with a smaller resolution) to 24 (with 1080p resolution) isn't much of a difference, but with 32 and 42 inch displays, things may be larger than desired if you're using it as a direct replacement for a desktop monitor that you're sitting a few feet from.

So, directly, what display should I get?
If you're going to be sitting right in front of it, either of the monitors should be fine. They seem fairly similar in specs.

I didn't dig around for reviews though, so if either (or both) have a tenancy to fail, break, ship with a bunch of bad pixels or anything like that, they should be avoided.

Personally I stick with the more well known brands. Fewer potential headaches involved based on my experiences.

Geared Spirit

I would definitely go with the Hanns-G, @ 3-years, it has a far better warranty than the I-Inc's 1-year, add on Tiger's 1-year extended warranty and you will have a monitor with a 4-year warranty for a little over $200... that is very nice. 3nodding
(The Dynex, while physically larger, only has a maximum resolution of 1280 X 720, together with the substantially higher price tag threw it out of contention all together.)
Tisha is trouble
I would definitely go with the Hanns-G, @ 3-years, it has a far better warranty than the I-Inc's 1-year, add on Tiger's 1-year extended warranty and you will have a monitor with a 4-year warranty for a little over $200... that is very nice. 3nodding
(The Dynex, while physically larger, only has a maximum resolution of 1280 X 720, together with the substantially higher price tag threw it out of contention all together.)

Agreed

Versatile Conversationalist

7,250 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100
SlyFox04
Thinking of upgrading my computer monitor from HP W1907 to either one of these two:

I-inc iH 25" 1080p monitor or HannsG 24.6" 1080P monitor

Or...

Dynex 32" 720p LCD HDTV ( Click on the first listing)

What say you, Gaia Online?

Are you selling your old one? You could get a second 19 inch and use a dual monitor system if your graphics card supports it, otherwise if you must upgrade I'd go with the 25".

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff