Welcome to Gaia! ::

Everyone gets made fun of for doing even the smallest thing different from everyone else. I get made fun of for listening to Japanese music. No matter what it is, if not everyone is doing it, be prepared to get some s**t for it.

Sparkly Conventioneer

12,950 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
Appypolly loggy
I still get made fun of for it.

It is still "In" with the children, it never really stopped, however it is still considered "uncool" to watch and or play pokemon 7th grade and above.

And then you hit college and it's in again cool

Nothing is cool in highschool durrr
A Purple Duckie
Appypolly loggy

It is still "In" with the children, it never really stopped, however it is still considered "uncool" to watch and or play pokemon 7th grade and above.

Yay! Than maybe in college I will be considered "the bomb" and people all over the school will line up to take on my pokemon team of awesome =D

However, it does seem like it has become increasingly cool to wear childrens backpacks with Dora and Spongebob and the Disney princesses on them with the tye-dye t-shirts in high school. Don't know if this phenomena pertains to my school alone, but that's what is cool right now -.-
Appypolly loggy
A Purple Duckie
Appypolly loggy

Yay! Than maybe in college I will be considered "the bomb" and people all over the school will line up to take on my pokemon team of awesome =D

However, it does seem like it has become increasingly cool to wear childrens backpacks with Dora and Spongebob and the Disney princesses on them with the tye-dye t-shirts in high school. Don't know if this phenomena pertains to my school alone, but that's what is cool right now -.-

User Image

-----------------------------
···xтнιѕ ιѕ ( нαℓℓσωєєи )
єνєяувσ∂у мαкє α ѕ¢єиє. тяι¢к ( σя ) тяєαт
тιℓℓ тнє иєιgнвσяѕ gσииα ( ∂ιє ) σf fяιgнт!

lyrics:thisishalloween

✖___It's Dora, Transformers, and Power Rangers at my school 3nodding
                                      Tye-dye not so much, but still c':
                                      ││OHYESHALLOWEEN!OHYESHALLOWEEN!
                                      ···xA r e n ' txoxy o uxoxs c a r e dxo?
                                      A r e n ' txoxy o uxoxs c a r e dxo?!⇫ ⇬ ⇭

6,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Playing pokemon was always the "in" thing watching it is not

Lady Fox

26,050 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Pokemon was cool from about third grade up until fifth grade, when everyone started to be more into "mature" music. It kind of got forgotten, and if it was ever mentioned in middle school you were called stupid, immature, childish,etc. Even liking the games was bad because those were just for children, or so they said.

In my junior year of high school, a bunch of people in my Software Applications class played Pokemon Blue through emulators.

I know some people at my college who like Pokemon, but I don't talk to them anymore.

Appypolly loggy
A Purple Duckie
Appypolly loggy

It was popular back when I was in high school, and I see a decent amount of people at my college who do the same thing. Which I don't get as none of my books would be able to fit into a backpack meant for children and not young adults. Why would I want to carry heavy textbooks and notebooks in my hands?

Anyway, it was was odd when they would make fun of people for liking "childish" things, such as Pokemon, anime/cartoons, etc. and yet they would walk off with a Dora the Explore or Disney Princesses backpack. For the guys it would be Cars, Buzz Lightyear, or Transformers. gonk
I dont understand why hatred is involved.. cant children be happy being themselves. but i guess being uncool is the new cool thing nowadays.

That means i should be the coolest person ever!!!!! cool

6,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
What do you want me to do about it?

Ladykiller

A Purple Duckie
Appypolly loggy

Actually college isn't that bad, and it's not normally high school its always middle school. neutral

Meh, you always get the people who ride on the newest phenomenae (correct me if I spelled the word wrong) and act as if they were always apart of it. Like the whole "Nerds are pretty cool" thing. Hell, I've been a nerd most of my life and people think I need to do something about it. But really, things pass and in the end you'll still be playing the Pokermangz while everyone else divulges into other fads and such.

9,100 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Meine Smaragd Geliebte
"Does the Walker...
...choose the Path?"

Well, between the Pokemon and the Skinny Jeans it seems you are 'in' now. Quit yer bitchin.

"Or the Path...
...choose the Walker?"

Ladykiller

digi734
Meh, you always get the people who ride on the newest phenomenae (correct me if I spelled the word wrong) and act as if they were always apart of it. Like the whole "Nerds are pretty cool" thing. Hell, I've been a nerd most of my life and people think I need to do something about it. But really, things pass and in the end you'll still be playing the Pokermangz while everyone else divulges into other fads and such.

Yeah, I know! I've played pok'emon since pok'emon green! and plus I'm the biggest "geek" at my school and no one likes me, yet they still say that that genre in still cool. But I think its funny because they think that nerds are those big glasses thing but no nerd just means that your socially awkward. For once I'd like to be known for my personality not for the clothes I wear or the people I like.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff