Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Phantom

Aldfridus
Why go to the movies, when you can watch stuff on the internet! Illegally!
Like, yesterday, I watched movies with my friends on the TV, which was connected to my laptop.
It was fun. I ate tons of pizzas.

Well, they could clean the mushrooms after they pick them. If they want to get high, then I don't think they would mind them being dirty.

It's a different experience though. On a movie screen,
unless you get shoved into a small theater and/or happen to have a projector at home,
everything is so much bigger and you feel tiny. wink

Watching things with friends is nice too though, but watching them on your own ... feels sorta lonely.
Pizzas! emotion_kirakira emotion_dowant
(Wait, how do pizzas align with your workouts?)

I ... don't think they're picking them to get high but rather to just eat them.
I don't know what kinds of mushrooms people use to get high and whether those grow here.
We do have a number of mushrooms that, at best, give you a rather bad trip and at worst kill you.
(I vaguely remember that a popular novel author needed a liver transplant after eating mushrooms he picked himself.
I don't remember who exactly it was tho.)
Trouble is that those that kill you often/sometimes look very similar to edible ones,
which is part of why I wouldn't want to risk that.
Another problem with mushrooms that may still be current is that they accumulate cesium from the Chernobyl fallout.

Besides, you can usually get mushrooms from the supermarket or a market.

Feline Enchantress

Anjoulie
It's a different experience though. On a movie screen,
unless you get shoved into a small theater and/or happen to have a projector at home,
everything is so much bigger and you feel tiny. wink

Watching things with friends is nice too though, but watching them on your own ... feels sorta lonely.
Pizzas! emotion_kirakira emotion_dowant
(Wait, how do pizzas align with your workouts?)

I ... don't think they're picking them to get high but rather to just eat them.
I don't know what kinds of mushrooms people use to get high and whether those grow here.
We do have a number of mushrooms that, at best, give you a rather bad trip and at worst kill you.
(I vaguely remember that a popular novel author needed a liver transplant after eating mushrooms he picked himself.
I don't remember who exactly it was tho.)
Trouble is that those that kill you often/sometimes look very similar to edible ones,
which is part of why I wouldn't want to risk that.
Another problem with mushrooms that may still be current is that they accumulate cesium from the Chernobyl fallout.

Besides, you can usually get mushrooms from the supermarket or a market.

We got a big TV screen here, so it does look nice.

I'm working out for strength, and I only eat junk food like once every two months.
But I eat bread almost every day at breakfast. That's what I shouldn't be eating.
Toasted bread with cheese and butter tastes too good. I can't help it.

Yeah, I wouldn't risk it either. Unless I can become some sort of mushroom expert, somehow.

Magnetic Phantom

Aldfridus
We got a big TV screen here, so it does look nice.

I'm working out for strength, and I only eat junk food like once every two months.
But I eat bread almost every day at breakfast. That's what I shouldn't be eating.
Toasted bread with cheese and butter tastes too good. I can't help it.

Yeah, I wouldn't risk it either. Unless I can become some sort of mushroom expert, somehow.

Oh good!
I just watched Prometheus because I vaguely remember being interested back when it came out.
Big mistake. gonk

I was only teasing you. :3

Isn't toasted bread with cheese and butter rather similar to pizza tho?
Replace the butter with olive oil and add some tomato sauce and it's almost the same.
I usually eat cereal for breakfast.

Supposedly, you can take your picked mushrooms to some expert to examine,
but this really seems like a lot of time and effort.
You can also order grow-your-own-shrooms sets tho.
It comes as a box of saw dust and a bag of mushroom spores.
You wet the saw dust and add the spores and wait a few weeks, basically.
Not all kinds of edible mushrooms can be cultivated but some can.

Magnetic Phantom

I went running and an old man jogged past me and shouted: "GO ON, GO ON!" at me. emotion_donotwant

But I also found a small jay bird feather, one of those blue-striped ones. :3

Feline Enchantress

Anjoulie
I just watched Prometheus because I vaguely remember being interested back when it came out.
Big mistake. gonk

I was only teasing you. :3

Isn't toasted bread with cheese and butter rather similar to pizza tho?
Replace the butter with olive oil and add some tomato sauce and it's almost the same.
I usually eat cereal for breakfast.

Oh no, you shouldn't have done that.
That's another movie that could have worked as a stand-alone movie.

The only good teasing is strip-teasing.

It is basically pizza, but the pizza place where I get them does a really
good job with the dough. I can't compare my toasts with their pizza.

Anjoulie
I went running and an old man jogged past me and shouted: "GO ON, GO ON!" at me. emotion_donotwant

But I also found a small jay bird feather, one of those blue-striped ones. :3

I went to 5k run, like 4 years ago. There was this rather plump lady running at full speed
while I was already half death (I had not trained for years at that time) and she was cheering
everyone up. I got a second wind and finished the run. It was cool. I bet I can run along her, now.

That's such a cutey little birb.

Magnetic Phantom

Aldfridus
Oh no, you shouldn't have done that.
That's another movie that could have worked as a stand-alone movie.

The only good teasing is strip-teasing.

It is basically pizza, but the pizza place where I get them does a really
good job with the dough. I can't compare my toasts with their pizza.

I went to 5k run, like 4 years ago. There was this rather plump lady running at full speed
while I was already half death (I had not trained for years at that time) and she was cheering
everyone up. I got a second wind and finished the run. It was cool. I bet I can run along her, now.

That's such a cutey little birb.

You mean because of the "to be continued" end?
They couldn't just let her die after everything she was through.

Somehow I was lead to believe it would be nice sci-fi but it was gruesome.
And then there was that offhanded sexism:
"I need an abortion!" - "This surgery device was designed for men." ._.

That's true, good pizza is better than toast. It is better than many things, actually. *craves*

I couldn't run 5k. You're better than me. :3
I don't know how people manage to run and talk at the same time. o.o

Magnetic Phantom

I tried to make cookies today and they ended up becoming mini-muffins.
But they're so tiny and cute and tasty! emotion_awesome

Magnetic Phantom

Today in the woods a hedgehog crossed my path! Then it tried to hide inexpertly under some fallen branches and dead leaves. :3
And I met a dog who blocked my way because he wanted cuddles. =]
(He looked like this but larger and with a lot more fur.)

Feline Enchantress

Anjoulie

Oh, no. No, no.

The machine was made for Peter Weyland (the old man that was hidden on the ship). At least it was implied.

It was a silly move from the filmmakers, though. To add tension to the fact that she needed to get the creature out of her rather fast.

*Steals the muffin cookies idea*

Magnetic Phantom

Aldfridus
Anjoulie

Oh, no. No, no.

The machine was made for Peter Weyland (the old man that was hidden on the ship). At least it was implied.

It was a silly move from the filmmakers, though. To add tension to the fact that she needed to get the creature out of her rather fast.

*Steals the muffin cookies idea*

I admit I didn't pay full attention the whole time, but I thought it was part of that survival capsule that they launch at the end.
So I thought it makes sense to have this surgery device on there in case there are only few survivors.
But it doesn't make sense to have it programmed just for men when there are women on the crew.
Also, I thought the old man was going to die anyway? At some point they said he only had a few days left to live.

I get the plot device idea. It was just such a cringe-worthy scene.

Shoulda patented that.
I just thought it might be nice to have muffins with normal muffin dough at the bottom and a layer of this macaroon mix on top.
The top part is usually the best part of muffins anyway.
Another patent-worthy idea: shallow muffin tins for better top to bottom ratio!

Edit: Just after posting, I dumpster dived and found a Cupcake Mood Bubble. What are the chances??

Magnetic Phantom

Today in the woods I had an encounter of the kind that I don't care for. I came running out of the woods and did a sliding stop at this sight.
What was not anywhere in sight was the owner of this thing.
What is it with people who cannot realize that not everyone thinks their dogs are "cute" and "nice"
especially when they look like this and stare at you?

Also, it seems it is night shift on the film set tonight - or whatever they call it.
They have a floodlight on a crane and I wonder when they're going to switch that off. o.o

Feline Enchantress

Anjoulie
I just thought it might be nice to have muffins with normal muffin dough at the bottom and a layer of this macaroon mix on top.
The top part is usually the best part of muffins anyway.
Another patent-worthy idea: shallow muffin tins for better top to bottom ratio!

Edit: Just after posting, I dumpster dived and found a Cupcake Mood Bubble. What are the chances??

You're a hypothetical gold mine, Anj. Patents are kind of expensive, though.

Anjoulie
Today in the woods I had an encounter of the kind that I don't care for. I came running out of the woods and did a sliding stop at this sight.
What was not anywhere in sight was the owner of this thing.
What is it with people who cannot realize that not everyone thinks their dogs are "cute" and "nice"
especially when they look like this and stare at you?

Also, it seems it is night shift on the film set tonight - or whatever they call it.
They have a floodlight on a crane and I wonder when they're going to switch that off. o.o

Was it people having sex on the bushes?
All doggies are cute, most of them on the inside. Some of them really on the inside.
Still, dogs should be let roam free without a leash if they are aggressive or annoying.

They'll probably use the lights to simulate a helicopter.

Magnetic Phantom

Aldfridus
You're a hypothetical gold mine, Anj. Patents are kind of expensive, though.

Was it people having sex on the bushes?
All doggies are cute, most of them on the inside. Some of them really on the inside.
Still, dogs should be let roam free without a leash if they are aggressive or annoying.

They'll probably use the lights to simulate a helicopter.

I wish it was more than hypothetical. emotion_awesome
And yeah, I know. Once I had to sit through a very long and very boring talk about it and was all: o.O

I'm not an expert by any means but I think it's too cold for that. It was about 10°C.

Even if they're not aggressive, people shouldn't just let them run around entirely on their own like that.
It's just inconsiderate, especially when it's a full-grown specimen of a breed that is well-known to be aggressive.
When I let guest dog off leash I make sure to keep her in sight.
(And that there are no bodies of water anywhere nearby.)
And she usually doesn't bother much about people.

It's a static light though.

Newbie Soldier

9,975 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Hai peoples.

Feline Enchantress

Anjoulie
I wish it was more than hypothetical. emotion_awesome
And yeah, I know. Once I had to sit through a very long and very boring talk about it and was all: o.O

I'm not an expert by any means but I think it's too cold for that. It was about 10°C.

Even if they're not aggressive, people shouldn't just let them run around entirely on their own like that.
It's just inconsiderate, especially when it's a full-grown specimen of a breed that is well-known to be aggressive.
When I let guest dog off leash I make sure to keep her in sight.
(And that there are no bodies of water anywhere nearby.)
And she usually doesn't bother much about people.

It's a static light though.

Leaving any kind of animal unattended may lead to accidents. It's like leaving a child alone.
People can be really irresponsible sometimes. And by sometimes, I mean most of the time.

It's a UFO then.

Karo Kiba
Hai peoples.

Hello there, mate.

How are you doing?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items