Welcome to Gaia! ::

I need to go through and overhaul (again), too. But life is super busy and annoying and in the way so I don't know when I'll get prompt sets finished. Hmm.
Hello. I'm confused about what we're supposed to write in the symbolism subsection under the philosophy section, particularly the first part. Can someone give me an example of what to do?

(I apologize if this was asked already. I tried skimming several of the pages to see if it was already clarified but my screen kept freezing up for some reason.)
Just write what those things symbolize in-world. For things like colors and body parts (which are a class of symbols), pick a few and tell what they symbolize (e.g. in modern Western culture, black is the color of death, red is associated with aggression, the heart is associated with emotion, etc.).

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
whimsicaldreamer
I'm going through and updating all the prompts that I can. It's really interesting to see how my ideas have changed since I first started this challenge.

It is rather sad to see so little activity in the challenge since what I got out of it has been incredibly useful.

It seems that the writing section of Gaia in general has slowed down considerably. It's a shame, cause I used to spend a lot of time here, and now I just... don't. sweatdrop

Kairi Nightingale
Hello. I'm confused about what we're supposed to write in the symbolism subsection under the philosophy section, particularly the first part. Can someone give me an example of what to do?

(I apologize if this was asked already. I tried skimming several of the pages to see if it was already clarified but my screen kept freezing up for some reason.)

If you ever have a question, just ask away!

With the symbolism questions, another way of phrasing things might be, "What do the following symbolize in your world."

For example if I were talking about Western culture I might answer:

Black = Death, disease, evil
White = Purity, goodness
Red = Anger, Passion, Violence
Foot = oppression (to step on someone)
Hand = usefulness (handiness); when in a fist often symbolizes power
Eyes = Surveillance

Things that symbolize wisdom might be: Owls, old crones, wizard hats

Many cultures have different ideas of what the above symbolize, and sometimes they symbolize opposite things in the same culture, such as Green representing both nature and biohazards. You might also want to think up actual symbols that might be used to represent one thing or another. You can interpret the prompt as broadly as you like. It also helps to think about why a symbol comes to mean one thing or another.
Lea Fealith

Andirigible

Thank you both very much for taking the time to clarify. ^.^ I have a much better understanding now and even a few ideas.

Bashful Friend

I wish I had more time to do this challenge razz
I hope other people decide to try though.
Maybe in the future I'll do it emotion_kirakira
(Just stopping in to say that I think this challenge is awesome) heart

6,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Just stopping by to say that this challenge is awesome. I only wish I had the time for it. But sadly I don't. I wish you the best though! I will bump once in a while to remind people of the challenge!

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Angelic Arisa
I wish I had more time to do this challenge razz
I hope other people decide to try though.
Maybe in the future I'll do it emotion_kirakira
(Just stopping in to say that I think this challenge is awesome) heart

XKimmie_SeleneX
Just stopping by to say that this challenge is awesome. I only wish I had the time for it. But sadly I don't. I wish you the best though! I will bump once in a while to remind people of the challenge!

Thank you both! When I have the time I may try to modify it to be more encouraging, but adulthood is such a pain. crying

It will always be here for you if you ever do want to make the attempt!

8,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
This challenge seems so awesome!!! I'll definitely start it one school's out! ^_^

Fashionable Conversationalist

4,450 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
Holy crap, this is still ongoing! I haven't been on Gaia in like 5yrs but I remember this contest. I actually finished it the first time around. Looks like it's time to make another fantasy land

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Starving_Artist
Holy crap, this is still ongoing! I haven't been on Gaia in like 5yrs but I remember this contest. I actually finished it the first time around. Looks like it's time to make another fantasy land

I said the challenge will last as long as Gaia does and I meant it!

Fashionable Conversationalist

4,450 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Toothsome Lunatic

I'm gonna be using this for an independent project I'm doing but not posting it on gaia... afterwards (If I even finish - this thing is huge!) I'll be writing a story about it in a new writing style I've been dying to try out. I hope you don't mind.

Maybe eventually I'll post it on gaia, but the thing is I might skip certain prompts as well and such, doing them as they suit me and the story I have planned...

Original Raider

8,475 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Name: Ju-chansuki
World Name: M'Ardiel
Thread Link: M'Ardiel BAFC

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff