Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ok.. so i'm pretty much stuck in a very big predicament. My boyfriend and i have been together for 2 years now and so many things have happened in both our lives. Last year his father passed away and his mom up and disapeared leaving his siblings in her friends homes they are still there and my boyfriend being the 3rd oldest at 19 none of his mom's friends who have his siblings will let him stay and he became homeless. He was bouncing from friends house to friends house but in december he got into trouble and went to ail for 2 months..after he came back one of our friends let him stay there from march all the way till 2 weeks ago and now he has a job and has been holding it for a month now. He has tried talking to just about everyone we know and no one will let him stay not even any of his coworkers. He's about to be homeless again and..i really don't know how i can help him my parents are totally against him living in either my dad's or my mom's houses. Can anyone help give me any suggestions to tell him or anything?

5,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Member 100
Life Issues forum

your big bro's Significant Otter

Icy Rogue

Life sucks. Well he's an adult, check the apartment listings and raise money for his rent or something.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Perhaps if he checked the local housing office they'll have info available. I doubt he is the first to be in this situation. Otherwise, he should try his friends. At his age he'll need to be prepared to pay rent of some sort, regardless. He should focus on his employment.

FragileSweet's Husband

He'd better start looking for an apartment. Anyways, at least he's lucky enough to have such a caring and concerned girlfriend.

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
kiissha
Ok.. so i'm pretty much stuck in a very big predicament. My boyfriend and i have been together for 2 years now and so many things have happened in both our lives. Last year his father passed away and his mom up and disapeared leaving his siblings in her friends homes they are still there and my boyfriend being the 3rd oldest at 19 none of his mom's friends who have his siblings will let him stay and he became homeless. He was bouncing from friends house to friends house but in december he got into trouble and went to ail for 2 months..after he came back one of our friends let him stay there from march all the way till 2 weeks ago and now he has a job and has been holding it for a month now. He has tried talking to just about everyone we know and no one will let him stay not even any of his coworkers. He's about to be homeless again and..i really don't know how i can help him my parents are totally against him living in either my dad's or my mom's houses. Can anyone help give me any suggestions to tell him or anything?

the military would be a great option for him. It would give him a place to live, food, and clothing on his back. It would teach him a career that he would be able to use when he gets out, and he would also be able to us the GI Bill to make something of his life.
Raven_livin4one
kiissha

the military would be a great option for him. It would give him a place to live, food, and clothing on his back. It would teach him a career that he would be able to use when he gets out, and he would also be able to us the GI Bill to make something of his life.

only certain branches accept people after they've been to jail though

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
kiissha
Raven_livin4one
kiissha

only certain branches accept people after they've been to jail though

Wrong, most branches will let you join with wavers and such, the worst thing that could come of it is he might be limited on the security clearance he is able to work with. But no matter how you look at it, the military is a far better option at any branch then living on the street with no where else to go. Aside from that, if he is already starting to get mixed into the legal system what kinda path is he walking right now as it is? Its clear if he is braking the law, living on the street he need a massive change, and no one is going to feel sorry for him. He is an adult, and should start to act like one.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff