Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm just curious. If you have a particular favorite character in mind, please tell me who and from what book. If it's from a television show or movie even, but the character nevertheless is unforgettable and a favorite character of yours, please include his or her name.

If you have a character you hate, who is it and why?

Personally, I have always loved the character Will Parry from His Dark Materials Trilogy because though he's young, he is so mature and such a solid, unwavering strong character. He's serious and says what he means. He has a good-willed conscious and protects others at the cost of his own life.

Another character I love is Jace from the City of Glass Trilogy. He is sexy, fun, witty and a badass. Also from the same series, I love Alec. He's more mellow than that other cast, but stronger than people give him credit for.

Characters I hate? Can't think of any at the moment. Probably cause I never finish books with characters that just want me to rip my eyes out. I'd still like to hear about any characters you particually scorn, nevertheless.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
I just like interesting ones.

I hate ones that are too dumb to live; called [x] but aren't at all [x]; and the ones free to break rules, manipulate others, or do whatever they want and there's no consequences purely because they're the main character.

5,550 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
    I like bad guys, because they're interesting.
    I like moody people, because they're interesting too.
    I don't like people who don't have a personality. -coughcough-bellaswan-coughcough-
From the first law trilogy, the first of the magi. You can never tell if he is good or bad. smile
I like witty characters. Suave characters. I like characters that are in control of themselves, but when they let themselves go, they're kinda twisted. I like the antagonists in most stories. wink

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
I like the evil smart people in movies. Like Hannible Lecter from Hannible The Cannible. He was evil in his own way but he was classy and wasn't a lunitic

Hallowed Phantom

I have a few groups I am prone to falling into: bastards, tricksters, dark characters, innocents, and the occasional comic relief character. Chances go up if the character is some kind of monster, or could be seen as such (example: Sally the Rag Doll. Possibly the sweetest character in existence, but is still technically a monster).

I hate characters that are stupid for the sake of being stupid. For example, I never got why Spongebob or Timmy Turner are so popular. I mean, Timmy's stupidity is part of the reason Fairly Odd Parents works (his inability to learn a lesson, or that making certain wishes just makes things worse in the long run). And I hate premises that run on stupidity---one reason I cannot sit through horror franchises, either: how come no one ever moves away from Elm Street or realizes that opening Camp Crystal Lake is a bad idea?

I also agree with a lot of Ivre's hated characters: too dumb to live, ones the author claims is something, but their actions say otherwise, and ones who can do no wrong because they are the author's favorite.

But I can honestly say out of things I actually enjoy watching/reading, I can only think of two characters I hated so much I just wanted to shoot something: Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter (probably no surprise. People hate her more than Voldemort), and Evan Ross from the Monster Blood arc in Goosebumps. The kid is a whiny wimp, and complains a lot more than he actively does anything (his friend Andrea/Andy is the only reason something ever gets done in those books). He is one of the reasons I hate those books (the premise itself is the other one, but Evan just makes it worse for me).

3,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
two of my favorite characters from books are
ash redfern from night world
jace from mortal instruments

your big bro's Significant Otter

Icy Rogue

I like imperfect people who are a little over-the-top.

I hate characters who think too much.

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

I like characters with agendas. They know what they want, and they're going to get it done. No matter what.
I_Write_Ivre
I just like interesting ones.

Romantic Smoker

5,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I like characters that are really persistent. Like Tom (from Tom and Jerry) or Wile E. Coyote. Their plans really stink and they could probably find another creature to eat, but the keep up the hunt regardless.
I always include at least one overly-sassy character in my stories. XD

LeenaDunelm's Prince

Demonic Puppy

I despise Zoey from the house of night books.
I only got through the first to, so if she gets better later on in the series then I'm sorry razz
but
she's just such a mary sue
everything just falls into place for her; the hottest guy in the school just so happens to think she's gorgeous, she can controll all the elements and ends up training to become a high priestess, amongst other things
I just don't like stories like that razz

Edit: I forgot to say the type I like confused
I like characters who are happy and cheerful, but not too happy, and have a positive look on life
or sarcastic, witty, cool types cool
Comic relief plox XD they can rock, especially when they're mixed with someone else
In the way that Percy Jackson, or the hares from the Redwall series are Comic relief, but are also heroic.

tbh I find characters I love to hate in everything, especially Psychos, they're mega cool XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff