Closed

What exactly are you?

Animal, Plant or Mineral 0.13559322033898 13.6% [ 8 ]
Alien 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Zombie 0.033898305084746 3.4% [ 2 ]
Werewolf 0.033898305084746 3.4% [ 2 ]
Vampire 0.084745762711864 8.5% [ 5 ]
A delicious amorphous blob! 0.25423728813559 25.4% [ 15 ]
Something with a horrifying number of facial tentacles 0.084745762711864 8.5% [ 5 ]
A brain in a jar 0.050847457627119 5.1% [ 3 ]
One of the many varieties of kaiju 0.067796610169492 6.8% [ 4 ]
Confused as hell 0.25423728813559 25.4% [ 15 ]
Total Votes:[ 59 ]
<<< << < 1 2 ... 121 122 123

Omnipresent Traveler

KeithPreston
Well, I'm glad he's doing better (or appears to be, at least). That 'hike to New Jersey, ride north, and then hike back' plan sounds great, and I hope the rest of the trip goes well either way.

Well, here's hoping you can find a chance to sneak out to some of those conventions sometime. smile

Yeah, it's working well. There are the occasional people who butt heads or otherwise kick up drama, but by and large it's a nice enough place. And Tumblr does look a bit daunting, even more so than Twitter, and I can't find a reason to make an account there, either.

So, how have you been occupying yourself these past months, besides roleplay, video games, Florida, and that convention?

Apart from watching Gaia steadily implode, I've mainly just been trying to keep up with the housekeeping around here.

So, have you heard about Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire yet? It figures Game Freak would try to entice me into playing more games after the somewhat lackluster storyline of X & Y by remaking Ruby and Sapphire. I honestly still haven't actually completed Y because even though I don't have much more left to go, it's just not interesting enough to hold my attention long enough for me to want to put in the effort to finish. I mean, I've always loved the games for the mythology they bring to the world of Pokemon, but X & Y brought very little new mythology to the table. Regardless of whether you strive for the legendary pokemon of life or death, the storyline is the same and that's just sad. Really, they could have done better than that.

Friendly Genius

Oh, dear. Is something new and terrible happening to Gaia, or is it just the same slow and steady exodus that's been going on for years?

And yeah, I've heard about them, but I haven't looked into them much yet. To be honest, after Gold and Silver I just haven't put so much effort into a Pokemon game. ^__^; I played a little of Ruby so I kinda remember there being contests and stuff that were a lot of fun (though I didn't play enough to get beyond the basic ones), and a little bit of streamlining to take advantage of the extra buttons on the GBA, but none of them have really caught me the same way that the old ones did.

And I'm sorry to hear that X and Y were such disappointments, I take it they were putting too much stock in the whole move to 3D, and didn't put the effort and polish into everything else that they ought have?

Omnipresent Traveler

KeithPreston
Oh, dear. Is something new and terrible happening to Gaia, or is it just the same slow and steady exodus that's been going on for years?

And yeah, I've heard about them, but I haven't looked into them much yet. To be honest, after Gold and Silver I just haven't put so much effort into a Pokemon game. ^__^; I played a little of Ruby so I kinda remember there being contests and stuff that were a lot of fun (though I didn't play enough to get beyond the basic ones), and a little bit of streamlining to take advantage of the extra buttons on the GBA, but none of them have really caught me the same way that the old ones did.

And I'm sorry to hear that X and Y were such disappointments, I take it they were putting too much stock in the whole move to 3D, and didn't put the effort and polish into everything else that they ought have?

Oh, Gaia has been releasing Gold Generators (occasionally with potential item prizes, but mainly gold) in the Cash Shop since last August when they brought in a new CEO. That's why prices in the Marketplace are so outlandish and crazy now. Of course, that's also because rather than any attempt being made to curb the inflation they instead upgraded the site to be able to process gold amounts in excess of the old maximum. And just this week they decided to raise the tax from 2% to 3% as if that will actually put a dent in the inflation problem that they've been feeding for almost a solid year now. It's just sheer and utter stupidity.

Pokemon X and Y weren't a total disappointment. They look and play great, but the story was unimpressive (Team Flare are the least memorable antagonist group ever conceived) and the game itself is just too bloody damn easy. There is absolutely no challenge to it beyond the post-game where you have a facility similar to the Battle Frontier/Battle Subway. For the entire storyline, very few trainers have more than four pokemon with them and even the Elite 4 and Champion were pathetically unimpressive. After playing around in Challenge Mode in Black 2/White 2, the difficulty reduction was just a total letdown. Pokemon is by no means a difficult game in any iteration (with the possible exception of Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness), but the excessive hand-holding was entirely unnecessary.

So yeah, I'm really hoping Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will bring some challenge back into the formula along with the already excellent storyline from Ruby/Sapphire. And I really hope they bring back the Battle Frontier. That's something I've sorely missed since Heart Gold and Soul Silver. The Battle Subway and Pokemon World Tournament just didn't mix-up the battle formula enough to keep it interesting and the Battle Maison in X and Y is just a rehash of those same facilities.

Friendly Genius

Wow, that's pretty bonkers. I'm not an economist or anything, but even I know that pouring even more gold into Gaia would just make the inflation worse, and that tax isn't going to drain it away nearly fast enough to make a difference. If they were really serious about taking care of that, it seems like they should be reducing the availability of gold in the first place, rather than making it even easier to get massive amounts of it.

Aww, that's a shame. Some of my friends seemed to enjoy them a lot, but considering the best stuff they had to talk about were clothes and... some kind of rollerblading tricks, or something, I guess I should have known there wasn't too much to it. And I didn't play either of those side games, but I remember playing Pokemon Stadium back in the day and getting trounced.

Well, here's hoping Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are everything you'd want in a Pokemon game. ^__^ If they show more promise than X and Y, I might just have to get into them, too.

Omnipresent Traveler

KeithPreston
Wow, that's pretty bonkers. I'm not an economist or anything, but even I know that pouring even more gold into Gaia would just make the inflation worse, and that tax isn't going to drain it away nearly fast enough to make a difference. If they were really serious about taking care of that, it seems like they should be reducing the availability of gold in the first place, rather than making it even easier to get massive amounts of it.

Aww, that's a shame. Some of my friends seemed to enjoy them a lot, but considering the best stuff they had to talk about were clothes and... some kind of rollerblading tricks, or something, I guess I should have known there wasn't too much to it. And I didn't play either of those side games, but I remember playing Pokemon Stadium back in the day and getting trounced.

Well, here's hoping Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are everything you'd want in a Pokemon game. ^__^ If they show more promise than X and Y, I might just have to get into them, too.

Gaia also canceled Ask the Admin which was a huge blow to the community's faith in Gaia's upper management. There is virtually zero direct communication between users and administration at this point.

Since Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are going to be complete remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, I at least have confidence that the storyline will remain solid. And, from what I've been able to gather thus far the two games are going to have the divergent storyline used in the original Ruby and Sapphire rather than the mixed storyline from Emerald that tried to combine elements of the two. Of course, all that really means is that if you play Omega Ruby, then you will be going up against Team Magma and Groudon while if you play Alpha Sapphire, then you will be going up against Team Aqua and Kyogre. It makes playing through the story very different because you have to be prepared for different kinds of pokemon throughout the game.

Friendly Genius

Aww. I never used the Ask the Admin thing myself, but the information from them was pretty cool. It sounds like they really are coming apart at the seams.

Ooh, nifty! Though now I can't help but wonder if they're going to come up with a remake of Emerald to go with them (though I guess they've painted themselves into a corner with the naming scheme). And that sounds excellent for someone like yourself who winds up playing them both, anyway. I would kinda hope there's not too much that's different, so people like me wouldn't miss out on everything that's only in the other game. :p

Omnipresent Traveler

KeithPreston
Aww. I never used the Ask the Admin thing myself, but the information from them was pretty cool. It sounds like they really are coming apart at the seams.

Ooh, nifty! Though now I can't help but wonder if they're going to come up with a remake of Emerald to go with them (though I guess they've painted themselves into a corner with the naming scheme). And that sounds excellent for someone like yourself who winds up playing them both, anyway. I would kinda hope there's not too much that's different, so people like me wouldn't miss out on everything that's only in the other game. :p

Well, if they do something similar to what they did with Heart Gold and Soul Silver including elements from Crystal, then they could use elements from Emerald to include instances where you would be going against the opposite team, but really the only thing that was different beyond that in Emerald was that you had early access to Rayquaza and both Groudon and Kyogre could both be captured during the post-game after beating the Elite Four. It still remains to be seen what they're ultimately going to do with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, but I would assume that whatever mechanism will be activating the Prehistoric/Primal/Primeval versions of Groudon and Kyogre will be the actual version exclusive component much like the Mega Stones in X and Y have exclusives between them.

Friendly Genius

I had to look up those new versions of Groudon and Kyogre and wow, those guys do look pretty awesome!

I've gotta admit, though, my enthusiasm is being spread out between a ton of games now that E3 is over. It sounds like Nintendo especially is making some amazing games.

Omnipresent Traveler

KeithPreston
I had to look up those new versions of Groudon and Kyogre and wow, those guys do look pretty awesome!

I've gotta admit, though, my enthusiasm is being spread out between a ton of games now that E3 is over. It sounds like Nintendo especially is making some amazing games.

Yeah, I watched the Nintendo Digital Event video in the E-Shop and I can't believe how many great games seem to be in the works for the remainder of the year and going into next year. Nintendo is seriously going all out. Of course, topping that list are definitely the likes of Smash Bros and Hyrule Warriors. The new Zelda U title also looks promising and sexy, but we don't know enough about it yet to really give it a proper ranking right now. Can you believe it took until the E3 trailer for me to finally realize that Hyrule Warriors is, in fact, going to be a hybrid Zelda and Dynasty Warriors game? While I've never played the original Dynasty Warriors series, Dynasty Warriors Gundam is pretty freaking epic and Hyrule Warriors is shaping up to look like it'll be loads of fun.

Of course, the game that seems to be surprising people the most is Splatoon which, although I've never been fun of shooters or competitive play oriented games, from the gameplay footage alone has me wanting to give it a test run. The concept alone is as hilarious as it is ingenious.

In other news, guess whose been playing Earthbound on the Wii U...~

Friendly Genius

I haven't played any Dynasty Warriors type games at all, but I've learned enough about them to know exactly how excited to be when I heard about Hyrule Warriors. ^__^ It looks fantastic, and between that, Zelda U, and the new Smash Bros, they've definitely sold me on getting a Wii U in the near future.

Oooh, Earthbound! That was an awesome game, have fun!~

Omnipresent Traveler

KeithPreston
I haven't played any Dynasty Warriors type games at all, but I've learned enough about them to know exactly how excited to be when I heard about Hyrule Warriors. ^__^ It looks fantastic, and between that, Zelda U, and the new Smash Bros, they've definitely sold me on getting a Wii U in the near future.

Oooh, Earthbound! That was an awesome game, have fun!~

Indeed. And, aside from all those impressive new titles to look forward to, the virtual console has some rather impressive options as well, such as the aforementioned Earthbound. Before I went ahead and bought it, I actually watched a Let's Play series on YouTube to try to get a feel for it, but honestly, watching and playing are two very different experiences. The in-game text alone is absolutely priceless. I've also gotten Super Mario World and Super Metroid using my points from Club Nintendo during their monthly downloadable games rotation which is pretty cool. Seriously, if you're a fan of Nintendo, there's no reason not to sign-up for Club Nintendo because unlike other programs that require you to register your software and hardware, the rewards are actually worthwhile and are actually extremely accessible. After all, who can turn down the opportunity to score free games?

Friendly Genius

Oh, hell, has it really been nearly a month since I've been here? These past weeks have been a blur of exhaustion, sickness, and vacation!

When you say it like that, Club Nintendo really does sound awesome! I should look into it.

Omnipresent Traveler

KeithPreston
Oh, hell, has it really been nearly a month since I've been here? These past weeks have been a blur of exhaustion, sickness, and vacation!

When you say it like that, Club Nintendo really does sound awesome! I should look into it.

Apparently it has. And, in that time, I've performed a successful and very absurd experiment that involved free cash offers, a Black Butler RIG from Mecha Neko sold for 1 billion gold on the Marketplace, and getting to level 10 in Gaia Alchemy using almost exclusively what's available in the Bifrost under the helpful guidance an exceptionally comprehensive guide. Why? To sink a ton of gold, of course! So yes, now I'm a level 10 alchemist and I still can't make anything worthwhile because aside from components, most of the actual formulas are actually quite impossible to complete nowadays because the materials for them have evaporated from the Marketplace.

As for Club Nintendo, aside from free games I've also scored a rather nice Nintendo themed Japanese folding fan for my mom and a set of collectable Hanafuda deck featuring artwork of characters from the Super Mario series.

Omnipresent Traveler

Well, I honestly have no idea if any of you guys ever even get on the site anymore, but...

It's been ages and as always this thread has suffered some extraordinary neglect. For my part, I haven't been spending as much time on Gaia either. Been too distracted with Digimon Masters Online among other things. Like how excessively easy it is to obtain shiny pokemon in Pokemon X/Y/ORAS without even having a shiny charm. Why just this past week I've successfully hatched a shiny Dratini for Jared, accidentally hatched a shiny hidden ability Cyndaquil (I was only trying to get good IV's on a Flash Fire female, but...), and captured a shiny Scyther I happened to run into whilst training. And that's not even counting the terrifying and obviously hacked shiny Buneary that slipped in through Wonder Trade. Seriously, captured on Route 1 (in Kalos there isn't even tall grass on Route1!), trainer ID12345, captured in the year 2000, perfect IV's across the board, hidden ability, in a Dream Ball, and Kalos Native. Every little detail about this thing was impossible! I kept creeping me out so much I eventually tossed it back onto Wonder Trade just to get rid of the damn thing. I also finally finished playing through Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright so that's been a fairly recent distraction as well.

I was recently on a Cardcaptor Sakura kick as even though the recent Blu-ray release is much too expensive and largely inaccessible, the entire series is in fact streamable on Crunchyroll. And since Blaze decided to invest in the paid subscription that means we can watch stuff through the PS3. Of course, it was from this recent viewing of the Cardcaptor Sakura anime that I decided to revisit the manga to really compare what was different, how things could possibly be tied into Tsubasa, and found out that last year a sequel manga to Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle entitled Tsubasa World Chronicle has begun being released in Japan. The already excessively convoluted story continues! Oh, and of course, the final volume of the previous manga mentioned a crossover with another more recent CLAMP series entitled Kobato that also happened to be on Crunchyroll so we watched that too. Turns out that anime had crossovers with both xxxHolic AND Tsubasa at different points during its run. Fun stuff.

Also, several months ago now, Blaze rescued a kitten that had been mewling outside the restaurant he's been working at. It went a whole night in the rain before finally being spotted and coaxed out with a can of tuna, but has now grown into a feisty member of the household. As such, I've naturally had my hands full. In fact, just yesterday, he killed his first mouse!

And I think that's just about it for current events. I'm really not even sure if I should bother continuing to maintain this thread as it's been ages since I've had any worthwhile ideas, let alone actively pursued the notion of getting art drawn of them.

That being said, I recently re-watched Shaman King (and was surprised by just how bad the subtitles were on those old bootlegs... clearly, the fangirl filter was strong with this one) and there was some talk about a full-on high school AU scenario where-in there would naturally be lots of transfer students to accommodate the cast of characters being from around the world and Hao would be the mysterious upperclassman despite being the same age as the rest of the main cast. Oh the things that come up in conversation when we're all just being silly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff