Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
VJ Removed
Due to really low usage and lack of DMCA compliance, we've removed VJ from the site.

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Rampaging Monkey's
We're having some issues with the monkey's... areas... of... site are... a bit sluuuuuuggish... ...hope to have issues resolved soon. emotion_bigvein

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Welcome Back
Welcome back! We're picking up pieces of smoking server from the floor and slowly turning site features back on. We should be fully operational within the next hour.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Mobile Payment Errors
Boku (our payment provider for mobile payments) is also reporting connectivity problems (unrelated to our own problems, by the way). They are working on the issue and hope to have it resolved as soon as possible.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Mobile Payment Working
Our provider (Boku) has told us that the issues with mobile payments are resolved, and everything should be working fine.

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Towns Pools Ending

Hey guys, just a heads up shortly I'll be turning off the pools in Towns. ...Almost time to start re-decorating wink

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
New Formulas in Bifrost
Philosopher's Cache and Alchemist's Case.

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Event Launched

Hey guys, just fyi I'm still in the process of launching Trick or Treating and the pre-event stuff.

I'm taking my time because a lot of old code has been updated. If you notice anything weird with the shops or towns trick or treating, worldmap, or the event forum, please report it in the Bug Reports & Technical Support forum and give it some time.

Event is now fully launched, still some minor bugs with the counter in towns saying you need more candies and the like, but otherwise everything is stable and playable.

We'll be rolling out additional fixes for remaining bugs today and tomorrow.

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Trick-or-Treat Boo-boo

It looks like I forgot a Trick or Treat item. crying

Due to a miscommunication between myself and the art team (internal miscommunication... nothing new there right razz ), one of the trick-or-treat items was missing from the set.

Sadly I can not go back and retroactively grant it to those who already completed trick-or-treating, however I did increase the replay cap so that those who choose to play again will be able to claim it.

Anyone playing for the first time, or those who hadn't yet completed trick-or-treating, will be granted the item as expected.

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Primary Event Start

I'm currently activating the main event, please be patient while I get things setup.

EDIT 11:34
Still in the process of launching and fixing things in the event. We're currently investigating a problem with death in the Masquerade space. An announcement will be made when I'm satisfied with the state of the event.

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Event Status
Hey guys, we're still making changes and fixes to the event. Here's what we've done so far...

FIXES

1. Fixed issue with Masquerade space where deaths were not occurring.
  2. Fixed skill use bug where skills uses were not properly being tracked.
  3. Fixed protected state bug where some users would not leave the protected state if they attacked other users.
  4. Fixed title display bug where users couldn't see if someone was dead or in a protected state.
  5. Fixed achievement bug where achievements were only registering if you made a heal. (...don't ask...)

What's being worked on

1. Having friends not properly applying modifier
  2. Making level gains based on successful attack/heal instead of kills (will also fix heal bug where you won't level through healing)
  3. Stats not being tracked correctly on landing page for humans.
  4. Joining event for first time through Masquerade space only puts you on human side.

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Event Status 2
Hey guys, made a bunch of fixes. Here's what we've done so far...

FIXES: 1

1. Fixed issue with Masquerade space where deaths were not occurring.
  2. Fixed skill use bug where skills uses were not properly being tracked.
  3. Fixed protected state bug where some users would not leave the protected state if they attacked other users.
  4. Fixed title display bug where users couldn't see if someone was dead or in a protected state.
  5. Fixed achievement bug where achievements were only registering if you made a heal. (...don't ask...)

FIXES: 2

1. Friends now properly apply bonus attack modifier.
  2. Level gains based on successful attack/heal instead of kills
  3. Stat tracking corrected on landing page for humans and wolves. (kills/heals broken for humans, energy display broken for both teams.)
  4. Joining event for first time through Masquerade space will now properly divide the chances of what team your on in half.
  5. Item grant tied to successful ability use instead of kills. (Every successful skill use yields a chance to get granted a component)
  6. Fixed pass by reference value not passing by reference, which resulted in broken player data.
  7. Updated Sparkledog image, he/she...it? ...had too many legs!

What's being worked on

1. Due to the corruption of some players data. I will write a script that will bring the data stored in the database in sync with what is being saved in our temporary data cache. Anyone who is above level 10 will be reset to 10 (10 is the level cap) and will have the opportunity to add the correct number of abilities to their ability list.
  2. I intend to make leveling individual skills easier. Currently it appears to be to hard to do so.
  3. Sometimes the javascript animation fails to animate the health bar dropping/raising.

Heading home for now, expect more updates tomorrow.

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Event Status 3
Additional fixes/changes...

FIXES: 3

1. Made it so you can't delete your own posts in the event forum
  2. Fixed broken heal achievement; was trying to reference an array element that didn't exist.
  3. Fixed broken ability selection in IE7 & 8
  4. Fixed broken change team skills which were allowing people to attack and change the team of a player w/o killing them.

What's being worked on

1. Anyone who is above level 10 will be reset to 10 (10 is the level cap) and will have the opportunity to add the correct number of abilities to their ability list.
  2. Survivor achievement only checked and granted after 24 hours and after performing a skill. Should be checked on each forum page load.
  3. I intend to make leveling individual skills easier. Currently it appears to be to hard to do so.
  4. Sometimes the javascript animation fails to animate the health bar dropping/raising.

I can no longer delay in announcing the event. So I will proceed with the remainder of the launch. Once that is done I will then finish and execute the script to correct the players above level 10, then as time allows I'll start making the additional changes mentioned above and in the forums.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Happy Birthday, zOMG!
Today is zOMG's third birthday! Please come and enjoy the celebration in the zOMG forum or in zOMG game itself.

Just some of the events going on right now (including free stuff):

Now is a great time to find out what the fuss is with zOMG, as there are many friendly people that can help you learn about the game.

We just ask that the noise level be kept to a reasonable roar, as making too much noise might attract the attention of dark and nether powers.

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Event Fixes
Additional fixes/changes...

FIXES: 4

1. Anyone above level 10 has been reset to the levl cap of 10. (Note: there may be some outliers not reset, we'll get to them as we can.)
  2. All achievement checks moved to event forum page load, this fix should correct the many missing achievement grants. (Note: the checks are run on the skills for the team you are currently on, you will have to switch teams if the skill uses are registered on a skill from the opposite team.)
  3. Leveling skills made easier.
  4. Fixed issue with skills following you when you change teams. You should not be able to use human attacks if you are a wolf etc. This fix works by removing the skills that don't belong on the current team your on. (Note: does not remove the skill from the opposite team, if you change teams that teams skills will still be there.)
  5. Fixed event NPCs not displaying correct avatar image in forums.

What's being worked on

1. Some users have duplicate skills from previous bugs.
  2. Javascript animation fails to animate the health bar dropping/raising. (the attacks/heals still work, you just have no visual notification, only the text at the bottom.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff