Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Tipsy Grabber

Kaygra
MaddieLion
well i just told my parents

i dont feel any better

i feel worse if anything

Coming out to my mom was haaaaard, so I get the whole feeling like s**t after thing.

Hang in there <3

It sucks because I told her that I didn't know what I want in terms of whether to transition or not, but that's not true, I know I want to start hrt.

Idk I just felt like that wouldn't hurt as much to say

OG Phantom

Name: Dexter Wesley.B
Transgender: yes/transmale
Reason for being here: I'm trans and looking for a place to vent
Anything else: im hella cute

Anxious Giver

Name: Allan / VVulf
Transgender: Yes / FtM
Reason for being here: To talk with some people in the community
Anything else: Recently came out to myself as trans about a month ago

Fashionable Bloodsucker

MaddieLion
Kaygra
MaddieLion
well i just told my parents

i dont feel any better

i feel worse if anything

Coming out to my mom was haaaaard, so I get the whole feeling like s**t after thing.

Hang in there <3

Give her a cou

It sucks because I told her that I didn't know what I want in terms of whether to transition or not, but that's not trueI know I want to start hrt.

Idk I just felt like that wouldn't hurt as much to say

I did it all at once because I had the luxury of waiting a while as I wasn't living with my mom at the time. I remember doing it over the phone and her crying a lot and acting like I'd just told her I was a murderer. I get it, though. She didn't know much about trans people or transitioning so it scared her that I was doing it. I imagine that your mom will need time to process what you said, so give her a few weeks and re-approach the subject if she didn't yet. Tell her you're more sure of this than what you let on last time. Let her know you love her and that her support is important to you, but reassure her that you'll be understanding of her taking time to get used to the new things as they come. As long as she knows you don't blame her (my mom made reference to "I feel like I failed you when you were born the wrong sex" wink and that this will be something that will work and it'll mean you can feel happy, without the constant... Sinking depression.

((speaking of, I remember the last few xmasses before transitioning I was like lifeless and had to fake all the smiles just because so depressed for so long and so used to it))

Magical Shounen

9,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I just sat at my computer thinking about gender again, and I think I've come to terms with being a transmale?

Adorable Fisher

Descendeus
I just sat at my computer thinking about gender again, and I think I've come to terms with being a transmale?
Congratulations ^.^ welcome to the club. We have good wine and cookies~

Magical Shounen

9,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
MarigoldMari
Descendeus

Thank you! I love wine, and I love cookies.But what kind of cookies?

Adorable Fisher

Descendeus
MarigoldMari
Descendeus

Snickerdoodles o:

Benevolent Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Canny Agent 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Name: Twi
Transgender?: Agender.
Reason for being here: trying to come out more assertively in my life, and go through a transition (albeit more of a social one than a physical one), and feel entirely lost.
Anything else: uh.... hola? sweatdrop

Adorable Fisher

Valthier Twilight Shadow
Reason for being here: trying to come out more assertively in my life, and go through a transition (albeit more of a social one than a physical one), and feel entirely lost.
Hello, welcome (: any questions you may have, we'll try to help you on your journey ^.^

Magical Shounen

9,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
MarigoldMari
Descendeus
MarigoldMari
Descendeus

Snickerdoodles o:

I don't think I've had those enough mmm. I like Sugar and chocolate chip cookies a lot tho. emotion_omnomnom

Benevolent Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Canny Agent 50
  • Mark Twain 100
MarigoldMari
Valthier Twilight Shadow
Hello, welcome (: any questions you may have, we'll try to help you on your journey ^.^

thing is, I don't really know what questions to ask. I guess I just want some guidance and support, ya know?

one thing, is.... how do I come out to people I've already come out to but who seem to have ignored it?

or, how do I bring it up to my family?

Mage

ghost-nectar

VVulf

Valthier Twilight Shadow

Hi hi you three!
Welcome to the thread!

Adorable Fisher

Valthier Twilight Shadow
MarigoldMari
Valthier Twilight Shadow

thing is, I don't really know what questions to ask. I guess I just want some guidance and support, ya know?

one thing, is.... how do I come out to people I've already come out to but who seem to have ignored it?

or, how do I bring it up to my family?

How are they ignoring it? Are they not calling you by the correct pronouns or the name you prefer?

As for your family, its usually best to bring up general gender topics, but be careful not confuse them even more. For agender, I don't suggest bringing up a transgender celebrity because then they will associate what you're saying with that celebrity's own transgender identity and how they got there, and you'll be fighting that first impression the whole way. It may be up to you to figure out how to bring it up. How do you think they'd react?

Benevolent Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Canny Agent 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Orzel Bialy
ghost-nectar

VVulf

Valthier Twilight Shadow

Hi hi you three!
Welcome to the thread!

emotion_c8 hello. thanks for the incredibly friendly welcome.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff