9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
top tsundere
redface

another lurker here

any other trans guys?
i'm at a pretty shitty point in my life and i don't know what to do or where to even start
i'm 21 and i just feel like it's too late to even try
it's all pretty overwhelming

Hello there. I'm not a trans guy but I have to say that 21 is not too late. That's still pretty early actually. I'm 22 and have not started my transition yet. It is overwhelming. Just keep your spirits high and stay strong.
Minak0
little hurts
>enter stage right
yoyo waddup. agender kid over here. i'm awesome- talk to me.
any advice about testosterone? which is better: injections, gels, tablets; anything awful to expect?
when is the ''right'' time to go on it? i'm barely legal and still living with my parents, no job, school
full time. situation's pretty rocky. how can i find something cheap that'll change my body without
the negative side-effects of something cheap? oml
i neED MONEY

The earlier the start, the better. I prefer tablets for my estrogen. You are wiser, especially at your age, to be monitored by an endocrinologist. If you have no money, there's pretty much nothing you can do anyways. Working out with muscular exercises maybe?

thanks, pal. talking about it with my parents, while they're
accepting and all, is very stressful and just ugh
might have to just bite it and bring it up one night.
thanks for the response c:

Hallowed Wench

this is my fall avatar
per_sempre_tua
I might have to pop in here a bit more often

I might have to start. o.o I've been out and transitioning since I was 15, been on T since I was 16, and been on Gaia for even longer...how have I never seen this? o:
This thread goes through series of inactivity some times. I take breaks from gaia that can last for months, I'm sure others do the same.

Mythical Loverboy

this is my fall avatar

I might have to start. o.o I've been out and transitioning since I was 15, been on T since I was 16, and been on Gaia for even longer...how have I never seen this? o:

well for me, I usually don't explore other forums outside of the art or barton town
but I'm certainly gonna remember in coming back here now and again
Finneri
top tsundere
redface

another lurker here

any other trans guys?
i'm at a pretty shitty point in my life and i don't know what to do or where to even start
i'm 21 and i just feel like it's too late to even try
it's all pretty overwhelming

Ayup waves

If you're talking about transition, I wouldn't worry about being too late. Plenty of guys (and probably gals) start after their twenties.

Feel free to pm me if you want to talk/vent about anything. 3nodding

thanks yo

Adorable Fisher

top tsundere
On any legal paperwork (for school, medical, anything really) you have to put your legal name and legal sex/gender. Not doing so I think may be fraud (or some other crime?), even though you identify as otherwise. I've learned this through having to put down my legal name and sex on medical paperwork. Its nothing personal, just the law. Once you get everything legally changed over in paperwork (name change, gender marker changed, reflected on social security card, etc) then you can begin writing what your true name and sex are on any new paperwork that comes your way.

However, in a social setting absolutely you can use the name you feel is right for you and your gender appropriate pronouns. For example, in any doctor's office I go to they know my gender pronouns and what the name I like to use is, and they call me that appropriately orally. Some even correct new people about it. However, on legal paperwork at their offices I must put my name and gender marker as is by law, and they do sometimes apologize about having to do that if I'm signing things or filling out things in front of them. So its not a total punch in the face and doesn't have to be ^.^ Example, a typical interaction goes as follows:

Medical worker: "Hey, Sumi! How you doin', man?"
Me: "I'm great! I have to fill out some new paperwork today!"
Medical worker: "You know we have to put your legal name on that, right? I'm so sorry sad "
Me: "Haha, I know, I know. That's the legal reality!"
Medical worker: "Haha, yeah sweatdrop "

Hope that clears some things up for you!
MarigoldMari

ah, yes
that's what i figured

thank you lol

Demonic Lunatic

Hey, does anybody have any tips for dealing with dysphoria? I'm a transguy and have MAJOR dysphoria and recently i've been rapidly gaining weight do to having a shitty eating disorder and it's making my curves more and more prominent and i don't know what to do. I'm constantly freaking out and I keep trying to starve myself to lose weight so my boobs will go away, but I just end up binging and it's this shitty cycle (sorry if this is turning into a rant about my eating disorder), but anyway, I need to find a way to calm down. Like I have a binder, but those aren't perfect, I still have atleast till december till i can start T and two years till top surgery and in the meantime I know I need to just accept myself but I can't pass my reflection without freaking out about how freaking feminine i look....

sorry that turned into a rant I'm kinda freaking out right now so....anyone have any advice by any chance?

Adorable Fisher

darkabyssx
My eating disorder is similar, fueled by similar things. All the advice I can give you is that as a skinnier person you will have a better chance at getting the results you want at top surgery. Wearing plaid can also help cover up the bumps of your chest as you wear a binder for now (at least from the front. This is a universal trans man advice). You could be starting T relatively really soon, so knowing that could be a good deterrent to eating too much out of depressed thoughts about how feminine you look. Losing weight will also reduce the size of your boobs, though of course not by as much as you want but it could help. Hope that helped some...

4,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Minak0

Yeah, my voice is pretty terrible, but I hope to work on it when my laptop gets back. :/ ... I don't think my presentation is all that great either. My style is working, but my face is like... I dunno. I need to do something with it.

I have absolutely 0 experience with dating. It would help if I did, but I am too afraid to. :/ ...

I dunno, I just try to work on one thing at a time. If I take my time, I can get myself moving. I mean, hey, I AM getting electro right now and on my hormones. I just dunno what else I can do right now. x_x

Ease your way into it, find someone you like and see if they share the interest male or female it really doesn't matter who you like. Been on dates with both genders since I came out with mixed results and I present myself as female 100% and I don't always feel like I fit the part but it's who I am so I just go with it.
damn im a nervous wreck and i hate it

gonna talk to my doctor today about being trans
and hopefully come out to my sister if im able to catch her on skype since my phone has been broken

how do i stop feeling like im going to puke though
help
my stomach is in knots

Hallowed Wench

Minak0
Yeah, my voice is pretty terrible, but I hope to work on it when my laptop gets back. :/ ... I don't think my presentation is all that great either. My style is working, but my face is like... I dunno. I need to do something with it.

I have absolutely 0 experience with dating. It would help if I did, but I am too afraid to. :/ ...

I dunno, I just try to work on one thing at a time. If I take my time, I can get myself moving. I mean, hey, I AM getting electro right now and on my hormones. I just dunno what else I can do right now. x_x

Try going to a makeup store, see if they can help with hiding masculine features while highlighting feminine ones.

Afraid to date someone in general or is the whole finding someone and telling them that you're trans?

Hey if you're making progress that is good.

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Umbral_Necropolitan
Minak0

Try going to a makeup store, see if they can help with hiding masculine features while highlighting feminine ones.

Afraid to date someone in general or is the whole finding someone and telling them that you're trans?

Eh, I don't have a Sephy or Ulta around to do that. I know I can go to a smaller place, but I dunno. I am still living partially as a male, and well, without makeup, I do "okay" some days and "meh" other days. I might have to do that though, we will see. I've been watching videos on youtube when I do makeup practice, and that does help, like darkening around the jawline and such with a contour.

In general. I have met local guys online who have taken interest in me and know I am trans, but at the same time, I keep freaking out about the idea of it all. Not to mention, I want to like women, and I just can't, and my mind spites that so much.

Darn right!

Hallowed Wench

Minak0
Umbral_Necropolitan
Minak0

Eh, I don't have a Sephy or Ulta around to do that. I know I can go to a smaller place, but I dunno. I am still living partially as a male, and well, without makeup, I do "okay" some days and "meh" other days. I might have to do that though, we will see. I've been watching videos on youtube when I do makeup practice, and that does help, like darkening around the jawline and such with a contour.

In general. I have met local guys online who have taken interest in me and know I am trans, but at the same time, I keep freaking out about the idea of it all. Not to mention, I want to like women, and I just can't, and my mind spites that so much.

Darn right!
With the guys online do you think they are interested in you for a relationship or just sex? I've been leery of meeting people from online, given that I'm not interested in hook ups.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff