Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you ever played Skies of Arcadia, you probably agree.

If you haven't played....THE ******** IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

Anyways, it's an RPG for the Dreamcast, and was remade for the Gamecube. (SoA: Legends)

There was also a cameo of Aika (from SoA, of course) in some Valkyria Chronicles game (haven't actually played it, though.)

I played Skies on the DC (My DC no longer works), and the GCN (Somehow it got sold), but never actually beat it. sweatdrop

Granted, I know the entire story, and I have the DC version running on a DC emulator, I'll beat it this go round.

But it's been long enough.....WE NEED A SEQUEL DAMMIT.
I remember one of my friends telling me about how awesome it was, but that was way back during my RPG slump.

I wonder how cheap I could get it for now...
yea it was a good RPG but i cant see a direct sequel or prequel from the game unless it was unrelated to the main events of the story so i can only see a new game working if it was like in final fantasy or breath of fire and every game in sky of arcadia was simple a completely new story whit hardly anithing in common other then it taking place in the same world.

5,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Invisibility 100
I would love a second one,but im not sure how it would work out.

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Wasn't there a second one already on Gamecube, or was that just a remake?
It wasn't remade on the Gamecube. It was ported.

It's still a good game.

5,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I love Skies of Arcadia. I could play for hours.
But, anyway, I would like a Skies of Arcadia 2, but I'm
not sure how the storyboard would work out, since
the first one was about all of the moon crystals.
But then again, there doesn't have to be a story...
maybe there could be missions or some awesome
s**t like the first one was. We'll never know unless
Dreamcast & Sega work together again.

Happy Game playing, everyone.
I keep thinking we need a sequel, or at least a remake, especially now that graphics nowadays are much better. For a sequel, I disagree with -Rawr Its Ranny-; I think it does need a story, but I don't think it should be that difficult. Perhaps some of the world below could resurface, that could provide plenty of story and new dungeon material. I was also thinking of something involving a "black moon crystal" and a "black gigas" causing all sorts of new trouble, distorting reality and stuff, maybe bringing back pieces of the past or something...

Anyway, Skies of Arcadia is one of the best games I've ever played, but... WE. NEED. MORE.

Golden Saint

9,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
One of my favorites. Supposedly a few years back they were talking of making a sequel, but never did for some reason. sad Even a prequel would be awesome. biggrin
meh wasnt a huge fan of it fights were tedious and way too frequent
Too bad it's canon that Vyse dies, based on the anime or something. I forget where, but I remember it being canon that he's not there any more.

Considerate Marshmallow

16,800 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Tyrni Godsbane
I keep thinking we need a sequel, or at least a remake, especially now that graphics nowadays are much better. For a sequel, I disagree with -Rawr Its Ranny-; I think it does need a story, but I don't think it should be that difficult. Perhaps some of the world below could resurface, that could provide plenty of story and new dungeon material. I was also thinking of something involving a "black moon crystal" and a "black gigas" causing all sorts of new trouble, distorting reality and stuff, maybe bringing back pieces of the past or something...

Anyway, Skies of Arcadia is one of the best games I've ever played, but... WE. NEED. MORE.
I was actually going to mention the Black Moon Crystal which lies dormant within the Dark Rift. I would assume a Black Moon might have had some purpose in some point in history even though it wasn't at all included in the story of the Rains of Destruction. That and not one character said anything regarding it upon discovery.

While Skies of Arcadia is still one of my favorite games despite the fact my DC no longer plays it, I'm undecided in regards to a sequel...
I waffle back and forth RE: a sequel all the time. I'm not so sure it NEEDS one. The story's pretty much done.

A next gen remake? Sure.
Why not make a sequel that is set in the same universe but doesn't necessarily follow the original characters? You know like a completely different story with new characters, you could even set it in a different time period.
HatredBearOmNomNom
Why not make a sequel that is set in the same universe but doesn't necessarily follow the original characters? You know like a completely different story with new characters, you could even set it in a different time period.
That is a viable concept. Something before the (spoilers) Silvites nuked the world to s**t?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff