Welcome to Gaia! ::

isasosic
...i wonder if the gaia inflation affects the art market

Yes. Yes it does.
However, there is a high demand for cheaper art, as prices have skyrocketed over the last year, year and a half. If you have the time, patience and inclination to sell good quality art for under 50k - even 100k - I can guarantee that you will have a very busy and successful shop. It'll take longer to reach the same goal someone else selling higher may reach, but you will gain more customers. Most artists have moved to auctions to get more bang for their buck so to speak and the requesters and former contest holders (contests have become depressingly dead) are hungry for affordable pieces. Just be sure you have the time, patience and drive. It can be a lot of work.

Hygienic Lunatic

ROMVLVS

I was actually trying to be an a** to you, I didn't attempt at all to be constructive. You accused me of something with no reason to do so, I don't feel the need to give a damn about not pissing you off.

I literally commented on everything you said that was original in your post, and you said that I didn't take certain things into account, certain things that were already talked about in this thread by myself.

I don't care about you, I don't care if you like me, and I don't care if you think I'm intelligent or not. I'll be an a*****e if I want to be, and I do so want to be.

I had plenty of reason to accuse you of not reading my post since the concept of swapping currency is MORE than just "swap the currency", and you commented on it as if it was a stand-alone thing I suggested you could just do on its own, which is not what I suggested at all.

I don't really care if you think it's a good idea or not, but your response was completely pointless and didn't add to the discussion, and I assume you're supposed to discuss here? Yeah, figured as much.

Again, this is not about feeling special and I don't think I ever implied you care about me. It wouldn't make much sense considering I don't give a crap about you either, and neither am I pissed off. I just think it's kind of childish to be an a** to someone just for the sake of it, especially since I'm not stupid or a n00b, and I brought up an entire concept that no one had thus far in the topic. I contributed, you did not.

Elocutionist

9,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gaian 50
I like the idea of a user created RiG, honestly. I doubt it would ever get implemented, but it sounds like a fun idea.

Possibly with contests to decide what items get put in or something.

Shameless Enabler

ROMVLVS
I like the idea of a user created RiG, honestly. I doubt it would ever get implemented, but it sounds like a fun idea.

Something like all the "losers" of past contests have their items / ideas used ?
Yeah, people have made up the strangest ideas about how the economy works. Quite frankly, lots of people are just plain stupid in that area. That's fine, we can't all be experts in everything, but I wish they wouldn't go about spouting off things that they don't know are true.

Anyways, yeah. A certain amount of inflation is good for an economy. But, it's not good to have too much either. I'm no expert, but if you want to make gold, there's always a way to play the market to your advantage.
There's inflation because of gaia cash/collectibles.

The ability to create money out of nothing from an outside source is of course going to raise prices on everything.

Inflation is caused by the basic principle of supply vs. demand. If there are only so many of said item and there are more people who want to buy it than there are being sold, the price will go up.

Also, inflation is perpetuated by people who are willing to pay the increased price brought on by the demand for an item. If nobody will pay the price the seller is asking for, the seller will be forced to lower the price if they want to sell said item.

That being said, I don't see inflation stopping anytime soon unless MCs are re-released, which Gaia has said will never happen. xD

I don't really have a good idea for a forced gold sink, if Gaia continues doing the voluntary gold sinks they've been doing, there will continue to be no effect on the economy like has been happening over the last 6-7 months.

6,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
bslayer4

Inflation is caused by the basic principle of supply vs. demand. If there are only so many of said item and there are more people who want to buy it than there are being sold, the price will go up.

NO! What you're describing is just demand. it has nothing to do with inflation! Prices going up does not imply inflation! It is necessary but not sufficient condition to be labeled as inflation!

4,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
I just noticed that you said 2500 games of booty grab would take a few hours. Since each game is a minute long, it would take more like 42 hours. Thats more than a few. 2 mil is no easy "grab"

Romantic Lover

7,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Mark Twain 100
alrighty then. well first of all I'm not an Idiot, I'm just me wit no labels cuz i think labels are racist. and 2nd of all inflation is EVERYWHERE u cant stop, sadly neither can i. So, wats the sense of making this if everyone knows it cant b helped? Well all I'm saying is thankz a lot cuz now u got everyone argueing about this. I hope ur happy Kid. anywayz this is my opinion so do wit it as u plz.........

Elocutionist

9,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gaian 50
Right, 42 hours versus several days of nonstop posting. I don't remember the exact number of days, but it was twice as long.

Please stop bumping these threads? It's cool if you want to read them, but please stop bumping them.

Also, I'm not a kid and I didn't start the inflation argument. Don't try to insult me, especially if you can't spell "the".

Man-Hungry Gawker

11,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hunter 50
ROMVLVS

User Image

Gaia's Suggestion Box RIG? Have a place where you submit ideas for a RIG and Gaia picks their favorite ideas and goes with it? That could be all sorts of random and fun!

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
ROMVLVS

*waggles eyebrows*

if you're bored and want to RP some:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/gaia-and-the-perpetual-storyline-s-plot-ci-related/t.60611601/

i sort of neglected it though. replying to all those posts with one comprehensive RP post intimidates me.
whoops. i was thinking of the wrong thread. here's the one that makes sense:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/a-user-run-and-user-made-ci-g-aka-rig/t.61211647/

.....know what. i just realized that post was weeks ago. nevermind!!!

7,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
I think it's funky when inflation goes down a tiny bit, everyone starts complaining about their item values going down, as if they want it to go back up and then they complain again when it does go up.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff