Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Well yeah it's like that now but I'm sure gaia will have a lot more items in the future that may just be that. Be patient, after seeing this success gaia will have a lot of AI's in the future
bouncy boobies sounds nice to me

Dangerous Nerd

I fail to actually see the discussion in this, but let's give it a shot.

These items are flash based. While it's only animated for a fraction of time, mulitple flash elements on the same page not only cause strain on the website's bandwidth, but the user's internet bandwidth. :/ When bandwidth is overloaded, thing start to crash and eventually you get a nice pretty Blue Screen of Death if your computer RAM can't take the heat.

Not to mention this is the first time we've had items like this, you ever think they made simple items to see if the site could even take it? Things like gaping wounds (which I hope to never see on this site more so because it's absolutely abhorring than of parental virtue) and hair blowing in the wind would be quite the .swf, and a pretty massive one too.

I don't know about your idea of 'swaying locks' but I'd expect that something like that would take up dozens upon hundreds of keyframes to look half-way decent and realistic, not like amateur animation where hair is the density of hard plastic. :T
User Image

I don't think the animated items are bad.The only one that i don't like is the halo just because i don't like the animations for it but hey i'm sure more will come as Gaia made a tab for animated items in the avi section.The owl is kinda cute though and i would probably get it if i had cash Dx

User Image

Blessed Soldier

14,225 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
I honestly these were great starting AIs, especially the Halo and Blush, because they will still be good items after they stop being animated biggrin
@sparkles: its because, the gcd complained about the "sparkles on items" lol

10,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
My only concern is if the items lag the site. I'm running Gaia on a crappy laptop from several years ago.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

I think the current animated items were a great start, and I know there will probably be more to come.

User Image

I also think it'd be interesting to see some emote-type items. Like the frustration vein, or a big sweat drop, or... some other third thing.

I DO find that the halo is a bit much with that animation, but then all of these first AnI's are a bit overexaggerated. xB However I don't think they're crap. Not super stunning, but not crap.

Feline Sex Symbol

12,975 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Survivor 150
`Silleh
Lupas Deva
I can see a crap fest if they release a dripping wound. But I might use one.

I like the halo myself but maybe an animated waterfall behind me, that would be interesting.

Regardless of the bawfest that would ensue from all the parents who don't let their kids use this site in the first place but instead talk on behalf of all parents like somekind of parent guru~ rolleyes
I'd still love to see myself some bloody avatars and piles of guts falling from thier pixel stomachs.

Gapping wounds are for the unoriginal gothic/emo gaians. Seriously, we have enough items that are pretty dark and it gets redundant.

You can expect more petlike items to be animated, which is cool I guess.

I get why they they made a Halo as well.It reminds me of the Angelic Halo and this is the first batch of Animated items.

What I would personally like to see is a winking AI along with tails that move as well (to be exact for my case: a lion's tail)

Heavenly Seraph

43,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I really like the halo and blush. They will be nice even when still in the Fall.

The owl, however, would have been better if we had the awake looking frame for the still finish rather than the sleeping looking one. Even better would have been a three or four pose item where we could chose between him sleeping, awake, flying, or head to the side.

I think they will only have a very few items animated at any given time in order to not take up too much bandwidth.

4,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
WANT the wound, as any true Wagnerian would.

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I personally wish Gaia would have stayed away from animated items. Yes they're nice, new and (the unltimate want of gaian's now a days) SHINY. But the amount of time they take to make these AIs is taking away time from other things.
Most people in the GCD agree that the artists are already swamped...

Invisible Player

User Image
Wouldn't the problem with swaying hair be the layering issue. the AI's go in front of our avis. The hair would have to sway in front of our faces or something.

Frozen Sex Symbol

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."We never asked for sparkles."

Who the ******** is we? I've been requesting more sparkle like items since I joined the site.

Friendly Shapeshifter

6,750 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Junior Trader 100
Das Portemonnaie
Gaians ask for hundreds of items all the time. It's very likely that they did make items people wanted.
Just because you don't like them doesn't mean other people share your sentiments. Especially not, considering the vast amount of people I've already seen wearing these items.

You said basically everything I was thinking.

BUT, I do think a winking ( wink )item or even like a dress that lightly blows in the breeze would be pretty. I actually really like AI's already, but I guess I could see where you're coming from...An animated "I am..." item would be amazing o.o

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff