Welcome to Gaia! ::

People say they don't like the over flamboyant gay people, what about the straight one's.
I'm gay. So what ?
SkElliNgToN_09
People say they don't like the over flamboyant gay people, what about the straight one's.
I'm gay. So what ?
:3 True.

Dapper Dabbler

Serpens Simulacrum

That's like saying all blue-eyed parents should not be allowed to reproduce because they'll make blue-eyed children, or something. stare And what family HASN'T got weird gender roles!?

Well, then we go into problems other than parenting.

I never mentioned gender roles, simply a male/female ideal. Also, I simply mentioned that it is an argument out there. Chiyo Suzaku said "I can't think of any reason why a child couldn't grow up normally with homosexual parents." I replied to that with an argument that I disagree with, but an argument nonetheless that would be a possible reason.
I find that there is a lot of miseducation about gay people because of people of the straight community. Because they THINK they know what goes on in people's live. Just like they think they know about other minorities like black people, and asians, and jews and everyone else in the world.

and the only reason why i say that is because everyone's scared shitless of black people.
everyone thinks asian people are smart as ********.
i can't think of anything about jews at the moment.

but people need to stop going along with bullshit theories and he-said-she-said bullshit and open their eyes... people are human beings something as lifeless as a book or computer screen or TV cant dictate to you how to live... they just wanna keep you in fear.

IF SOMEONE CAN COME UP WITH A REAL REASON WHY US GAY PEOPLE (because I'm gay too) SHOULDNT BE ALLOWED TO MARRY please let me know. because "marriage between a man and woman" isnt good enough for the simple fact that if that were the case then gay people wouldnt exist at all. we'd be like the rest of the mindless ******** following blindly at what the books say now a days...

Original Noob

10,000 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I just don't get why there is even a debate. Some people love the same sex. BIG FREAKING DEAL.

Original Noob

10,000 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I just don't get why there is even a debate. Some people love the same sex. BIG FREAKING DEAL.
SilverMist
*Whine* This again?
Whats there to debate? If they're gay, they're gay, if they're straight, they're straight, if they're bi, they're bi. It doesn't flipping matter who you love or bone as long as you're happy with it.
nicely said! biggrin

Sparkly Lunatic

Miss Mugi
SilverMist
*Whine* This again?
Whats there to debate? If they're gay, they're gay, if they're straight, they're straight, if they're bi, they're bi. It doesn't flipping matter who you love or bone as long as you're happy with it.
nicely said! biggrin Thank you. ^^
SilverMist
Miss Mugi
SilverMist
*Whine* This again?
nicely said! biggrin
Thank you. ^^no problem.
SilverMist
*Whine* This again?

Oh look. /threaded with the first reply.
ROBOGASM
There are a lot of people who don't want them to get married.
disconnected child
I find that there is a lot of miseducation about gay people because of people of the straight community. Because they THINK they know what goes on in people's live. Just like they think they know about other minorities like black people, and asians, and jews and everyone else in the world.

and the only reason why i say that is because everyone's scared shitless of black people.
everyone thinks asian people are smart as ********.
i can't think of anything about jews at the moment.

but people need to stop going along with bullshit theories and he-said-she-said bullshit and open their eyes... people are human beings something as lifeless as a book or computer screen or TV cant dictate to you how to live... they just wanna keep you in fear.

IF SOMEONE CAN COME UP WITH A REAL REASON WHY US GAY PEOPLE (because I'm gay too) SHOULDNT BE ALLOWED TO MARRY please let me know. because "marriage between a man and woman" isnt good enough for the simple fact that if that were the case then gay people wouldnt exist at all. we'd be like the rest of the mindless ******** following blindly at what the books say now a days...

well the bible says mariage is to be sacred and holy. it says that homosexuality is a sin and therfore not holy. so i think that mariage should be betwenn man and woman. and yes im gay so its not like im puting it down or anything. as for not existing that would still hapen, you see if a woman has a son as it is in her stomach her body thinks its not natural and produces antibodies to feminize it and these stay in there forever and the more sons she has the more antibodies she produces and therefore the more feminine the boy.
(for the jews you could've writen money lovers or something like that)
Song of the Century
Chiyo Suzaku
Song of the Century
Chiyo Suzaku
Gay people aren't hurting anyone, by that alone I think it should be legal.

The church doesn't have a monopoly on marriage. Marriage existed before the establishment of Christianity. Wiccans, Jews, Atheists, Satanist, EVERYONE else on the planet can get married except for gay people. Heck, you can even marry someone who doesn't share your religion.

Religion =/= sex. Not at all. You need a stronger argument.

There are those who would claim that homosexual parents have a detrimental mental effect on their children.

Well, I put it that way because the only real argument I hear against homosexuality is the religious angle.

Heterosexual parents can be just as bad. Sexuality doesn't determine how good a parent will be, and some homes are better without one of the parental figures. Plenty of children with straight parents are only raised by one of their parent. My half sister was raped by my father, and my mother let me be raped by her ex. My grandparents didn't care about it. One of my friends has a mother that will beat the s**t out of her if they ever see each other again.
I can't think of any reason why a child couldn't grow up normally with homosexual parents. A parent is a parent. If you raise your kids bad, they'll turn out bad. If you raise them right, they turn out right. The only problem I see would come from the intolerance of the child's peers.

I hear an overwhelming amount of nonreligious arguments against gay marriage. Would you like me to list them?

They have conducted studies on lesbian couples with children, comparing them to heterosexual couples with children who were living in similar situations. The children of the lesbian couples were 2% more likely to be non-heterosexual, though this may simply be due to the problem of having a small sample size (2% is from memory, I may be wrong on the exact number). Couples of gay men raising children have not been studied, so we have no empirical proof to what you are saying.

There is the argument out there that homosexual parents deprive a child of a role model by not having both a male and female example for the child to learn from, and observe the differences in; and by having a single parent, that other parent can be imagined as filling in a role opposite that of the parent the child has, thus still representing the ideal family: A father and mother caring for offspring.

Interesting. I live in an area with a high population of those Christians that are against homosexuality. There are 3 churches, just in walking distance of my house, that teach against homosexuality.

I think there are too many factors that determine what a child becomes when they grow up. Like I said, any parent can be a bad parent, and I think that it's kind of petty to not favor homosexuals simply because their child is slightly more likely to be homosexual.
What age group were the people in the study? With the "trend" in teenage girls claiming to be bisexual, and just the fact that young people can't really be expected to know their sexuality, I feel that the study could easily be inaccurate.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff