Welcome to Gaia! ::

Good Idea?

Thumbs Up! 0.87878787878788 87.9% [ 87 ]
Thumbs Down! 0.12121212121212 12.1% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 99 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Mortok
Yes, but what purpose would the like/dislike buttons serve? Gaia doesn't care if you like the announcement, they care if you buy the EI.

Well I'm going to half refer to my last post

Pistol Bunny
Most of the time they only hear the rage, this might let them see what is really making gaians happy, and in turn they can profit by having a better idea what to turn into GC or what direction to go~

They should care if users likes an announcement. If they're smart they can make a lot of money that way. Say there is particularly strong feedback to new hairstyles, they can take the hint and release some GC hair cuts and make money. If their EI is unfavorable they can change what direction it's going and hopefully lure in new costumers.

Most gaians don't bother leaving feedback, in example I've only posted 2 SF threads in my whole time here. Clicking thumbs up or down is easy, and if they give a pittance of gold most Gaians would take the 2 seconds to click it, giving broader based feedback.

Basically it's a tool Gaia can use to make more money.

Blessed Visionary

10,325 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
sounds totally wonderful.
a way to complain/ go yay without having to flood SF... even though it'd prob get flooded anyway for big issues.

Friendly Grabber

12,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Mortok
Pistol Bunny
Mortok
Owlie
Derriere Cherries
This is an absolutely wonderful idea, but I think Gaia would scrap it once the first EI report got 284 up and 489743 down.

rofl

Agree 100%.

This would give a very accurate snapshot of approval and disapproval of the things Gaia does.

Disapproval of WHAT? Somebody please explain this.

Let's take the example being used here: an EI report. All they're doing is telling you what's up with EIs. So a million people dislike it? So what? The poses are out now, too late to do anything about it. And how many of the users who voted actually OWN the EIs mentioned it? Because they're the only ones whose opinions are even SLIGHTLY relevant.

The idea is pointless. It's not feedback, and it's not useful to us or to Gaia.

I disagree with this.
Every user is relevant. If a user sees something they want, they will be tempted to buy. If they don't like what they see, why bother buying it?
I thought I would never spend any irl money on Gaia until I saw the Gogh Reed. I bought 2 of them with real money 1/2 way through their evolution due to an evolution I loved.
That is proof that an announcement can affect a user who doesn't own an EI.

Yes, but what purpose would the like/dislike buttons serve? Gaia doesn't care if you like the announcement, they care if you buy the EI.

You would be rating the content of the announcements. In the case of EIs it would be well -- the EI updates. Although they already have a poll, so it would be redundant to have another poll for them, but it this suggestion is still useful for other announcements.

Tipsy Exhibitionist

Pistol Bunny
Mortok

Well I'm going to half refer to my last post

Pistol Bunny
Most of the time they only hear the rage, this might let them see what is really making gaians happy, and in turn they can profit by having a better idea what to turn into GC or what direction to go~

They should care if users likes an announcement. If they're smart they can make a lot of money that way. Say there is particularly strong feedback to new hairstyles, they can take the hint and release some GC hair cuts and make money. If their EI is unfavorable they can change what direction it's going and hopefully lure in new costumers.

Most gaians don't bother leaving feedback, in example I've only posted 2 SF threads in my whole time here. Clicking thumbs up or down is easy, and if they give a pittance of gold most Gaians would take the 2 seconds to click it, giving broader based feedback.

Basically it's a tool Gaia can use to make more money.

HOW?

Look, I dunno how can I explain it any clearer. "I hate this but I'm not going to take the time to tell you why" is not considered useful feedback by any stretch of the imagination.

With things like new salon hairstyles/EI updates, there's no knowing WHY it's being rated down? Do you dislike a particular EI? All of them? Are you just butthurt because Case of Pietro didn't evolve this week? Is it because they're cash items?

Same problem with hair: is it a particular style? All/none of them? Were you hoping for a clothing update instead?

It's all very well to say they can "change direction". Which direction needs changing? Where should they be going instead?

Feedback is ONLY useful when it's in depth, and offers an actual suggestion.

9,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image

[X] I think this would be a nice addition, the thumbs down wouldn't tell Gaia what the users don't like, but they can always check the SF for this. 3nodding

Tipsy Exhibitionist

Pudding Disaster
User Image

[X] I think this would be a nice addition, the thumbs down wouldn't tell Gaia what the users don't like, but they can always check the SF for this. 3nodding

But they check SF anyway.

9,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Mortok
Pudding Disaster
User Image

User Image

[X]

They obviously do, but I still think this would be a nice addition.
Maybe they could also post a link to the SF in the announcement so more people will post their feedback? This wouldn't be too good though, lots of people would just come here to spam.
Maybe they could let us reply to the announcements like some other communities do? [Shrugs]

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Mortok
Pudding Disaster
User Image

I don't have an opinion on this one either way, but if a staff member, say, walks into work and wanted a quick overview of user feelings on a new feature, and while they eat their morning bagel (they seem like bagel people) they can look at those little numbers.

And if they see it's mostly positive they can pat themselves on the back and go about their business as usual. But it turns out there's a huge slant towards disapproval they can go "Uh oh" through their bagel crumbs and hop into the SF right away.

Also, I seem to remember people like the oh-so-popular Mr. Fleep going, "The SF only represents a small fraction of the userbase and their opinions!" and if he's actually right about that (which I have some doubts about), well. He has numbers. And if those number contradict the ******** in the SF well then, whoopdedoo. Good job Gaia people. But if it confirms the ******** in the SF then they can't just brush it off like we're a tiny box of angry people.
Sounds good to me. I think that the stats wouldn't even need to be known to the users, but just for the staff.

Tipsy Scarface

13,400 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Champion 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Lot's of people complain about how Gaia doesn't listen to it's users. If something so black and white as this were in place, there would be no running from truly un-popular ideas. It may be hard to sift through a million comments, but any moron can look at a graph.

Invisible Lover

I approve of this. ninja

Tipsy Scarface

13,400 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Champion 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Mortok
It's all very well to say they can "change direction". Which direction needs changing? Where should they be going instead?

Feedback is ONLY useful when it's in depth, and offers an actual suggestion.
The idea proposed is a first step. You can tell at a glance what the general feeling about an idea is BEFORE looking to see what the users feel in depth, not instead of. For alot of people, it's easier to post something vague so "thumbs up! I like these items!" or "thumbs down I don't like that idea" but it probably won't stop many people from making more detailed responses.
Mistress-sora506
The idea proposed is a first step. You can tell at a glance what the general feeling about an idea is BEFORE looking to see what the users feel in depth, not instead of. For alot of people, it's easier to post something vague so "thumbs up! I like these items!" or "thumbs down I don't like that idea" but it probably won't stop many people from making more detailed responses.

I agree - and there's many times where I'm happy/unhappy with something, despite how crowded SF is with love/hate threads. If I feel like I'm in the minority in SF, I'm not likely to post my opinion. At least with the thumbs up/down, I can give some quiet indication.

Ruthless Ladykiller

9,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Brandisher 100
I like this.

A lot of times in SF I feel redundant. I read an announcement, come on over, and most things have already been said. A button click to express my like/dislike quickly and conveniently would be nice, then I could hop over to SF if it's an issue that needs a more expansive review.

I also have a tendency to get into circular debates in the SF. This kind of button could save me!

7,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Friendly 100

I cannot express in words how awesome this idea is. A user should not have to travel to some discreet little user poll in a forum they never go to just to express their like or dislike for something. Voting would be open to practically everyone who reads their announcements, which is probably a huge chunk of the userbase, or at the very least, multiple times the regulars residing in Site Feedback, where most of the feedback polls are.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff