Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Sharpen your pencils and fire up your tablets, it's...

NaNoMangO June 2010

What is NaNoMangO?

You get from June 1-30 to draw 30 penciled comic pages in any style.

NaNoMangO is the comic version of NaNoWriMo, also known as National Novel Writing Month. This event was named NaNoMangO for manga, but it's only a play on words; comics, manga, graphic novels, etc. are all accepted in NaNoMangO!

Why should I participate?

Whether you need that extra kick to get started on your comic, wanting to sharpen up your comic-making skills, finding NaNoWriMo too intimidating, or you just want something to do in the month of June, NaNoMangO is right for you! Quite a number communities across the internet, not just this one on Gaia, are participating in NaNoMangO. Since they're all participating, why don't you?

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Rules

- Draw 30 pages in 30 days. Whether you choose to post all 30 pages in one day or post one page a day is up to you.

- The pages need to be at least penciled in and readable. Refining the pages through cleanup and inking are not necessary in NaNoMangO.

- Entries may not be comic pages you already created before June 1, 2010. Entries may be pages added on to existing projects, but they can't be pre-existing.

- Comic pages that cross the PG-13 boundary should be posted in another website. You may post a link to these pages, but please write a warning on what the page may contain if you do so.

- Pages should be no wider than 800 pixels if you post here. This is to avoid page stretching. If you have an alternative website, you may make your pages as large as you like.

- You may choose any genre for your comic: comedy, drama, romance, action, adventure, etc.. However, please keep in mind the PG-13 rule.

- You may choose to draw your comics in any style. Comics, comic strips, graphic novels, manga, manhwa, etc. are all acceptable.

- Fanwork is acceptable. Parodies, fancomics, comics that take place in an existing fandom universe, etc. are all allowed. However, please make sure to write what the fanwork is based on.

- Entries may be a completely new project or part of an existing project.

- Entries can be a long cohesive storyline, short-stories on a limited number of pages, or even one-pagers. The important thing is that you draw 30 pages in any way, shape, or form.

- Participating in another NaNoMangO community? Not a problem. You may post the same pages from the other community. This is the Gaia Online version of NaNoMangO, but if you're joining any of the other fine NaNoMangO communities on the internet, we're perfectly fine with that. Just make sure to post your pages here!

- Obligatory 'have fun' rule.

- *NEW* - You can choose between doing 30 penciled pages, 15 inked pages, or 10 completely finished (inked AND colored/toned) pages in 30 days MINIMUM. We encourage you to do more if you can!

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
List of Participants

If you plan on participating in NaNoMangO, please post in this thread and tell me so I can add you to the list, as well as what goal you want to pursue (30 penciled pages, 15 inked pages, or 10 inked and colored/toned pages).

Do not send me PMs or comment on my profile. They will not send through or I will ignore them.
If you are posting your pages on an alternative website, please post that as well so I can link it.

- Kupocake - 30 Finished
- Seijaku_Ishida - 30 Penciled
- Kyousouka - 40 Inked
- daydreamer_girl - 30 Penciled
- FuzzyMink - 10 Finished
- Busted Radio - 20 Finished
- Nathaniel Mea
- nya` - 30 Penciled, 10 Finished
- Vena
- Mr Asa - 20 Inked
- AEAcomics - 30 Penciled
- Sera Michaelis - 15 Finished
- Empuska - 12 Finished
- Vicemage - 30 Penciled
- Frosted Muffin Cakes - 30 Penciled
- Wispered - 30 Finished
- gongkat - 30 Penciled
- Potato Lord - 30 Penciled, 15 Inked
- Zeo - 15 Finished Pages
- Pieprsn2 the avenger
- Psycho Bunny Studio
- Kaxen - 30 Penciled
- Tayasu Sango - 15 Penciled
- Seren Lumiere - 20 Finished
- Yumi the Writer - 30 Penciled
- KuroKame - 30 Penciled, 15 Inked
- Ichigo - 15 Inked, 5 Finished
- Zee Coldwater - 30 Penciled
- televisions
- Velveteen Angel - 30 Penciled
- akanekun - 30 Penciled
- Veritas Fate - 40 Penciled
- Madcap_Bekkers - 15 Inked
- theannacracker - 10 Finished
- eclectic rhapsody - 10 Finished
- Pomato Soup - 30 Penciled
- Avridt - 30 Penciled
- aXfriendlyXhate - 10 Finished
- x_Silver_Starlight_x - 15 Inked
- [Ja.Lo.Yo.Lo.Ti.] - 30 Penciled
- Astrox - 10 Finished
- munoki - 30 Penciled

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
NaNoMangO June 2010 Winners

If you managed to post 30 pages in the 30 days of June 2010, your username will forever be engraved on this post. Congratulations!

Yumi the Writer
Seijaku_Ishida

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Links Out

Got a link to add? Post it!

National Novel Writing Month - The writing original and the inspiration for NaNoMangO. 50,000 words in 30 days!
NaNoMangO: LiveJournal - The largest NaNoMangO community on the internet.
NaNoMangO November 2009 on Gaia Online - Previous NaNoMangO Competition on Gaia Online

Free Webcomic Hosting Sites

Comic Genesis
DrunkDuck
Smack Jeeves
Webcomics Nation
ComicFury
Comic Dish

References

Blank Thumbnail Template - Use these to plan out your pages.
Wally Wood's 22 Panels That Always Work!! - In case you need to make those boring dialogue scenes more interesting.
Comic Creator's Planner Schedule - Credited to Kyousouka. Plan your month ahead of time to make room for your comic!

Memes

Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Links to NaNoMangO

Spread the word about NaNoMangO!
Want to help create a banner? Please post your custom banners on this thread, and I'll add yours to this post!

The NaNoMeter
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[Link] - A spiffy, customizable meter for your signature to keep track of your progress.

Banners coming soon.

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Reserved for future use.

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
All right, NaNoMangO June 2010 is officially open on Gaia. 3nodding
Hope you guys don't mind me recycling the old thread.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
*waves arm* I'm definitely doing it.

Shadowy Phantom

Sign me up, Scotty!

I will be working on Senka, perhaps with some pages of my Side Stories comic thrown in.

Is this NaNoMangO going to have the "flavours" like the LJ one? LJ has a choice of 30 pencilled or 15 inked or 10 coloured pages. If so, I'd be going for the inked pages, but hopefully more than 15. If you're doing 30 of any kind of page, then 30 inked pages it shall be.

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Updated list of participants!

@Kyou: I'm not familiar with any going-ons in LJ, but sure, we can do "flavors" too. I'll go check out the LJ community and update the rules. 3nodding

Shadowy Phantom

It's not necessary. Personally, I like March Madness's way of doing it: 30 (31 in the case of March) finished pages (inks/colours or at least very tight, finished-looking pencils), no "discounts" for inks/colours.

I think it's silly to assign weights to different states of completeness. In my case, the inks are "the works" and take me longer than coloured pages...

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Eh, I think I'll throw it out there so that the NaNoMangO community is more seamless.
We could change it up so that people can shoot for a more ambitious goal, if that's okay with everyone.

Shadowy Phantom

I think all that's needed is a note that those are the minimums, and that people are encouraged to do more.

Edit: Also, change the wording on the 10-page one to be something like "inked and coloured" or "fully coloured" or something. As I mentioned before, my pages are "fully finished" at the inking stage, and for some people, tight pencils are "fully finished," and so on. It's ambiguous.

Fluffy Wolf

14,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
Ooo, how interesting! I missed the last nanomango, so this will be perfect.

Sign me up please!

Guess I should at least get the script ready.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff