Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

donuts

1 100.0% [ 159 ]
Total Votes:[ 159 ]

Cold Creature

The truth is out there , you have to seek it.

Shadowy Noob

12,625 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Signature Look 250
@Dan: And most are in 'Murica. :c

@Skeet: This city ain't that small. - w -

@Qyzar: Perth, Western Australia. :T

Learned Protagonist

31,525 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50

Tipsy Vampire

Dan D Mann

*whistles the X-files theme*

Cold Creature

Karill
Dan D Mann

*whistles the X-files theme*

I WANT TO BELIEVE

Learned Protagonist

31,525 Points
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50

Married Pumpkin

@Kuro: Close enough, we should be in the same time zone.

v Yup ^^

Shadowy Noob

12,625 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Signature Look 250
^ Same timzone. ; w ;

@Qyzar: Are you in Singapore? o:

Imma sleep in a bit. G'night! :3

Hardened Husband

20,740 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
User ImageAll was shattered, and all but memory lost, and one memory above all others...

Timezone shmimezone.

...of him who brought the Shadow and the Breaking of the World. And him they named Dragon.

Sparkly Girl

Wish gaia had a "Favorites" tab or something in avatar customization for items you use a lot.

Kyonko Sakura's Husbando

Amorous Ladykiller

37,150 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
You mean the Outfits tab?

Sparkly Girl

Except the outfits tab is only convenient if you're only using one specific base?

Would be nice to have a separate tab for ALL the items you like to use above everything else.

Versatile Player

@Houkie: That sounds brilliant. I hate having to search for my eyes/hair. Gaia, make it so.

Okay let me just throw out this post-graveyard shift rant.

I'd like to talk about coworkers.

So when I started on the graveyard shift at the gas station, the worker training me (I'll call him 'Bob') was a pretty okay guy. His breath was bad and he took a good number of smoke breaks (those two are probably relevant), but he showed me the ropes and made sure I knew everything I needed to know about working the graveyard shift. I only worked with him for a few days, as he was transferred to the graveyard shift on weekdays (whereas I work weekends).

The worker Bob was replacing on that shift (who I will henceforth refer to as 'Chad') was pretty neglectful of his duties. Things that were supposed to be cleaned every day were nasty, several machines weren't being stocked, etc. He was pretty incompetent. However, he has not been fired, instead being moved to swing shift. Even there he manages to screw me over, as the other day he left while I was still counting my till, meaning there was nobody to run transactions until I finished my counting. Long story short, Chad is a ********.

Part of my duties is managing the cash register, and with that I need to take record of my beginning and end balances, making sure it isn't over or short by too much. I'll admit, I've made some beginner mistakes with the counting (i.e. just plain adding wrong, putting too much in a safe drop), but as far as I can tell (based on highers-up going through my records) I'm getting the right balance... I'm just not recording it properly. That being said, having the wrong balance in my records has been stressing me out quite a bit, as it seems that no matter how many corrective steps I take, I keep getting it wrong by some amount (usually at least $20). I just didn't know what I was doing wrong. At worst, I was wrong by about $130 the other day.

Then today happened.

As I was nearing the end of my shift, I was chatting with the coworker who was coming on to the register and he talked about how I'd been so worried the other day about being $130 short. After I had left, he'd gone through and counted everything out, and found that I did in fact have the right balance. So where was I getting the missing $130 from?

******** Chad.

Apparently, Chad's records had been over by $130, matching perfectly the amount that I was short.

I'm not sure if I'm glad to know that there's a reason why my balance is coming out wrong, or if I'm mortified to learn that Chad can screw me over on a whole new level.

I can only take comfort in the knowledge that at least one of the managers really wants Chad fired.

Now I'mma go to sleep. I'm tired.

Sparkly Girl

@Fic: That guy sounds like a piece of work. :T

Learned Protagonist

31,525 Points
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
Anyone named chad is likely a douchebag. It's such a douche name.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff