Welcome to Gaia! ::

It leapt again, alighting on an overgrown branch, veiled from view. It watched as a small round brown pokemon defeated blue turtle-like one that it recognized as a squirtle, like the one's in its homeland. It hissed with excitement. New foes in this strange new land. This brown pokemon's master was skilled, or how could he have defeated the squirtle? For now, it would wait, for the brown pokemon to rest. And then, it would face the round one in battle.
Hiyake was so enthralled in the battle he had just seen end with an interesting bang. The Seedot using Tri Attack was an interesting twist, and he thoroughly enjoyed every second of the match. Obviously, although, Hayden had more important things to do, as he had completely dissapeared...

"Huh? Hayden? Where did he go?!"

Rowan looked over at him, and cleared his throat. "Well, it seems that he left during the battle between Asieth and Erros. I believe he said to tell you he was going to Jubilife City to get a Poketch, and then off to Oreburgh City for the first gym battle."

He turned to face the group. "For all interested, the first Pokemon Gym is in Oreburgh City, and the next Pokemon Contest is in Jubilife. I understand that some of you are from outside of Sinnoh, and, for reference, there are Town Map functions in all of your Pokedexes. Finally, if that becomes an issue, there are Town Maps in every Pokemon Center, for free. So, trainers, while I get my lab re-organized, it would be wonderful if you would, so kindly, get out of my lab, and go do some of those things I told you to do!"

Hiyake stepped outside, waiting by the building for Ren to walk outside, so that he could talk to her. He had one last favor for her...
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
User Image

╔══════════════╗
R.E.N.
╚══════════════╝

User Image

Ren went over to the machine placing her friendship ball in the slot and along with the moon ball that was used to catch Nidoran. She clicked the switch and it started to heal her pokemon, it would be better if it was at the pokemon center, but this do for the time being.

She smirked, seeing Hiyake and Hayden both getting her pokedex which she had gotten her own, when she came here. Her brother, Yuri gave it to her a gift for her new journey besides giving her the bundle of joy that wears around her neck. She placed the friendship ball on the clasp of her chocker and she placed Nidoran‘s ball back on her sash which she carries to hold the other 5 pokemon she may obtain.

’How cute’ She thought seeing Poliwag. She watched the interesting battle going on against, Erros and Asieth..

Once the battle was over which was intense, She gazed over to Rowan and nodded, This was good a contest is coming up and it wasn’t far from where they were, which caused her to grin with anticipation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ren walked outside to see Hiyake was waiting for her? She was also curious to see what he wanted and why he waited for her?

User ImageUser Image
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

User Image
Erros

Erros walked along Rt. 203. He had Went to Jubilife City and gotten his Poketch. It was a cool little watch with a few apps on it like a clock and a program that showed his Pokemon and their power levels. It was certainly more convenient than checking the Pokedex during a battle.

Without realizing it, Erros had come up to a cave of sorts. There was a sign outside that said "OREBURG CITY, 1 MILE" and had an arrow pointing towards the entrance. Excited that he was very close to his first gym match, he sprinted inside.

It was moderately lit inside the cave. There were many noises inside that bounced off the walls, echoing all throughout the cavern. Erros spotted a Geodude occupying itself with something about twenty feet away from him. Thinking that it would make a good addition to his team, Erros decided to capture it.

"Squirtle! Go! a blinding white light illuminated the cave and Squirtle was standing in front of Erros.

"Squirtle!"

"Squirtle, use Water Gun!"

"Squirt!" He sent a jet of water right at the Geodude. It was sent flying into the wall of the cave. It looked just weak enough to capture. Erros readied his Pokeball. As he was about to throw it, Erros noticed something. The Geodude started to glow white hot.

"It's Self Destruct! Squirtle, use Withdraw!"

An explosion tore through the cavern. Rocks came down from the ceiling and toppled down on top of Geodude and Squirtle. Erros was slightly alarmed, but he had seen heed his command right before the explosion. Squirtle still was under a bunch of rocks though

"Squirtle! You alright? Use Rapid Spin to get to the top of the pile!"

The stones started to vibrate and Squirtle popped through the top, spinning through the air. He came out of his shell and held something out to Erros. It was about the size of a baseball and housed a small creature, possibly a fly forever suspended in the substance. Erros thought back to Pewter City, when he had just started his journey and the museum that displayed many fossil Pokemon. He quickly pulled out a map of Sinnoh from his pocket. There was a key showing the many attractions to various cities in Sinnoh.

"Well well, there's a museum in Oreburg City Squirtle! I think you may have gotten something big! Good job buddy!" He patted Squirtle on the head. It seemed to glow with pride.

At the Oreburg City Mining Museum

"Wow! Look at this! You have found some Old Amber! This is from thousands of years ago when the Pokemon Aerodactyl was very common.

"Oh cool! What can we do with it?" Erros asked excitedly.

"Well, I believe we can revive it! Our revification machine can make you an Aerodactyl..that is, if you want one" The scientist seemed to quiver with anticipation.

"Of course I want one!" Erros blurted out. He thought the scientist was never going to ask that question.

The scientist walked over and placed the Old Amber into a huge machine that dominated the space in the room they were in. He typed a sequence into it and the machine came to life. A mix of sounds threatened to burst Erros's ear drums. After about five minutes of the noise and light coming from the machine, the door creaked open.

"Now, you have to capture it yourself, for it is still wild" the scientist whispered

There was a pause, then a noise broke the silence.

"AEROOOOOO"

Erros was sort of frightened by it. It was about six feet tall, with a massive wingspan. He didn't show his fear though, instead he sent out Heracross and Squirtle. With their combined efforts, he could capture it with ease.

"Squirtle, Water Gun! Heracross, Brick Break!"

Heracross knocked Aerodactyl off of the machine and then Squirtle blasted the Pokemon with water gun as soon as it hit the ground. They were a perfect team. Erros threw the Pokeball at Aerodactyl. There was a bit of struggle but the Pokeball settled on the floor of the lab. Erros walked over to pick it up "Welcome to the team Aerodactyl" He thanked the scientist and walked out of the lab towards Oreburg Gym.

"Magnificent. What a trainer"

User Image

Friendly Fatcat

9,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Flatterer 200
Maki sighed as she climbed onto her bike. "Now what? I'm so behind schedule...Maybe one of the other trainers can travel with me?" She sat in the seat of her bike in front of Professor Rowen's lab, hoping to see someone she recognized. She still only had her piplup who wasn't the most loyal pokemon. And she felt that she didn't have enough time now to go all the way to Lake Verity to catch some more pokemon.
User Image

The healing machine beeped loudly. Asieth leapt up from his seat on the couch and grabbed his two Pokeballs. "And with that I am off!" He found himself half way out of the door before stopping and thinking to himself. "Wait. Where am I going again? And what am I even going to do? Gym battles?" He let Poliwag out of his ball, and kneeled down next to him. "What do you say Poliwag? Do you want to go for the Pokemon League here?"

Poliwag hopped up and down excitedly. "Poli! Poli!" A big smile crossing its small mouth.

"Well, then, that's settled. Gym battles it is! Now where the heck's the first gym." Asieth spun around in place looking for something to help him out. Sure there was a map in the Pokedex, but that didn't really help him. There were major cities in every direction. How was he supposed to know which ones had gyms? As he spun around he found himself looking at a girl sitting on her bike a little ways away, stationary. 'Oh, hey, that's...uh....Maki!' he thought to himself.

"Hey, Maki!" he shouted, running up to her. "Any idea where the first gym is?"

User ImageUser Image

Friendly Fatcat

9,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Flatterer 200
Maki sighed and was about to ride off alone when a voice called out to her. She looked up to see a familiar face. "Hmm? Oh, Asieth, it's you." She smiled a little, glad to have found someone. "The first gym? That's over in Oreburg. The leader is a rock type trainer, so I think your all set. Would you like me to show you where it is?" She gave him a hopeful smile. Maybe now she wouldn't have to worry about being defeated by a wild pokemon.

She remained on her bike and peddled slowly to keep up with Asieth's walking pace. "I'm sorry. I don't mean to hover or anything, but I was kind of hoping for someone to travel with. I only have my piplup and we haven't had an actual battle yet. Not that it listens to me anyway..." Maki let out a sigh and glanced to the pocket where she held her pokeballs.
User Image

"So, you wanna travel together then?" Asieth thought about it for a brief second. "Sure, why not. Sounds fun!" he beamed. "Right Poliwag?"

Poliwag hopped over onto Maki's shoulder and snuggled up against her face. Asieth laughed. "I guess he likes the idea too. Besides, half the fun of traveling is meeting new friends, right? So why not start right now?" he said, smiling to his new companion. "Oh, and I suppose I might as well know if we're traveling together. Whats your goal on this whole journey of yous...or ours. Whatever."

User ImageUser Image

Friendly Fatcat

9,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Flatterer 200
Maki saw the two beside her and sighed, wishing her relationship with her piplup could be that friendly. With a sigh she looked forward, still peddling slowly, as she pondered his question. "Honestly, I've wanted to follow in my father's footsteps. So, like you, I'm competing for gym badges. But I'm a water pokemon trainer. That's why I was so fascinated by that battle you had with Erros. There aren't many squirtles or poliwags around here." Suddenly, as if to cut her off, Piplup released itself from its pokeball and started to march in front.

"Pip-piplup!" Maki only sighed, not bothering to call it back. As long as it didn't run off too far ahead she saw no harm.

"And of course, I'm given the most unruly piplup Rowen had to offer..."
It buzzed exitedly. This human seemed ready to travel. If so, it was ready to fight as well. The Poliwag beside it looked tough, but It knew how to handle those. It had fought many back in its homeland.
It had always been different. It looked different, and acted different from its kin. They did not understand why it looked so different. They had driven it off, yes. But it would return one day, stronger, and so it had to fight.
It leapt down from the branch, buzzing its powerful wings, and knocked over the trainer, ignoring the female and the poliwag beside him. It landed and spun to face the prone human, standing in an aggresive pose. The excitement welled up inside of it, and it let out a hiss.

"Sscy!"
User Image

"Huh. Well that's rather odd." Asieth said as lay flat on his back. It wasn't everyday a Pokemon came out of nowhere and smacked him in the face after all. Poliwag had already leapt down off of Maki's shoulder and rushed over beside him. "Eh, don't worry Poliwag. I'm fine. I think this thing wants a battle though." he said, noticing its aggressive stance. "Now let's see what this thing is." He flipped open the Pokedex and pointed it at the creature.

"Scyther. It is nearly impossible to parry its attacking scythes. Its movements are like a ninja's." It shouted out in an electronic voice. "Odd. The Scyther in here is much lighter. I wonder if there's a brightness setting on this thing? Ah well. Anyway, if its a battle it wants than I'm happy to give it one. Seedot, let's go!" Seedot burst forth in a flash of light.

"Now Seedot, give it a Tri Attack!" The creature turned back to its trainer, a confused look on its face. "Seed?" "Tri Attack! Remember?" It met Asieth's statement with a continued blank stare. "The thing you used on the Squirtle in the Lab!" A look of realization crossed its face and it turned back towards Scyther. Energy seemed to be collected from the grass surrounding them. Soon Seedot began glowing with a green hue. An instant later a barrage of large seeds blasted forth from Seedot with tremendous force. "Ok. Sure. That works too I guess."

User ImageUser Image

Friendly Fatcat

9,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Flatterer 200
Maki let out a shriek when Asieth was knocked to the ground by a pokemon. She jumped back and scooped her piplup up in her arms. When she saw the scyther she gasped. "Asieth!" She shouted. "It's shiny! Those are extremely rare!" Maki could remember the first time she saw a shiny. It was a ninetails that her uncle had brought with him when he was visiting Sinnoh. It was the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen.
Scyther crossed it's bladed arms to block, and but was driven back by the force of the seeds. It shook itself, more suprised than hurt. It grinned and its wings buzzed. "Scy! Scyther!"
It began slashing its arms through the air, dancing around in a strange, beautifully deadly pattern, the air humming with the movements of its blades.
User Image

"That doesn't look too good." Asieth could tell the Scyther was preparing for some sort of powerful attack. He just wasn't sure what. He had never seen one of these before, at least not in combat, and he had no idea what to expect. "Alright then, if it wants to through a powerful attack our way, then we'll send it right back. Seedot use Bide!" Seedot began glowing with a reddish aura, and braced itself for the upcoming strike. "There. Now as long as Seedot survives this next attack we're golden. There's no way it could be strong enough to take us down in one hit."

User ImageUser Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces