Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Junior Trader 100
It seems that the main issue with the internet is that, whenever a new game comes out, there's always people that have already beat it a few days in. And so coming onto a forum like this is a minefield of spoilers being casually thrown around.

So: do you guys usually find yourselves getting spoiled? Do you even bother trying to avoid it, or welcome spoilers with open arms?

For myself, I've gotten pretty far into XII and XIII before I've finally given up and read the TvTropes pages for them. xD (While most spoilers are in white, I can't resist highlighting!) So usually, I only get spoiled for a small number of events leading up to the final bosses, but mostly just what happens at the end of the game.

Also, what do you guys consider a spoiler? When do you think the cut off point is? Everyone knows Aeris dies in VII, since that's probably the first thing you knew about the game, but what about X? XII? Are they spoilers any more, in your opinion?

NOTE: When in doubt about XIII, please put names in white. Definitely in regards to the last parts of the second disc and the entire third.
I just feel the need to say, on the back of the Final Fantasy 7 case there's a picture of Cloud putting Aeris into the water.

They should have written spoiler alert across that. biggrin

But, yes, anyway, I agree - I'm on Chapter 11 now of FF13 and am trying so bad to avoid any spoilers...But it's so tempting to see what happens - especially now because of that f%^&ing behemoth I'm stuck on.

I could always run past him, but that's not the point.

Dapper Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Junior Trader 100
Wow, that's kind of like commercials for Sixth Sense having the kid say he saw dead people, when that was meant to be a nice middle twist to go with the end twist. xD

But, if I were you, I would just run past that Behemoth. So much cool stuff happens later that it's probably worth it. =D I don't think I made it past Chapter 11 before I gave in to spoilers, so good luck with your continued fight.
Aha, Sixth Sense - Aw man, my sister ruined that movie for me!
Suppose I shall take your advice, I can't be bothered with it anyway, and my xbox has been left alone downstairs...

Oops. burning_eyes

Versatile Receiver

I saw one screenshot from the ending of FFXIII and I was like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Either way the story was still great.
User Image
Spoilers are my best friends.

3,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Jr Banshi
I saw one screenshot from the ending of FFXIII and I was like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Either way the story was still great.
User Image

That's gotta suck......

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

Really I don't care about spoilers... I just accept them at face value.... If I ever get the chance to play the game, I will enjoy it as it comes in the game...

Hell I even like being spoiled. xDD

Really it isn't the same thing: Someone may tell you this person died... .But you can imagine different ways of it happening but until you read it or see it in the game, you may be miles away from the truth.
I don't care about spoilers in particular.

But it makes me laugh when spoilers are posted on this forum, and users rage and b***h. Always hilarious.
Paradigm Shift Telluric
I don't care about spoilers in particular.

But it makes me laugh when spoilers are posted on this forum, and users rage and b***h. Always hilarious.

7,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I actually spoiled the ending of FFXIII for myself two days before it arrived in the mail. Mostly because I'm still replaying FF8 and I didn't want to spare the time for XIII, but still wanted to know about the story for when my friends started talking about it. I'll play it eventually, just not right now.

Dapper Businessman

I love spoilers. First thing I do when a game is released is watch the ending. By the time I actually play the game, I've probably read the plot synopsis and watched all the cutscenes. .__.;

Dapper Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Junior Trader 100
Deus: Ha, the one thing I refuse to do is look up cutscenes. Text spoilers are one thing, but the actual cutscenes are another thing entirely. xD Except I could probably watch the ones for X without smacking myself, seeing as I don't plan to play it all that much.

Also, love the Lazard cosplay. I thought he was one of the coolest things in Crisis Core, next to Genesis.

Jeune: That's an interesting way to go about it. =D I'm up to the final boss on XIII, and would like to talk to friends about it, but the only one I know for sure has the game is either on the late first or early second disc, so I can't. =/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff