FFXIII 0.087336244541485 8.7% [ 40 ]
Total Votes:[ 458 ]
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 >

For me it was the ending in FFX. Poor aeons... D:

7,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
For as much as I didn't really like Tidus and was totally unmoved by the love story between him and Yuna, the ending of FFX totally wrecked me. I can't explain why - it's not like I was disappointed to see Tidus go. I think it may have been how heartbroken Yuna was. And those last lines! "Just, one more thing... The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them." AUGH. emo

The ending of Crisis Core was rough too. I was actually way more emotionally invested in Zack than in ANY character from FFX, and yet I survived the ending without bawling. Not sure how that happened.
The ending of FFX was a masterpiece. No other game of ANY series will ever come close to matching it.
JeuneFille
For as much as I didn't really like Tidus and was totally unmoved by the love story between him and Yuna, the ending of FFX totally wrecked me. I can't explain why - it's not like I was disappointed to see Tidus go. I think it may have been how heartbroken Yuna was. And those last lines! "Just, one more thing... The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them." AUGH. emo

The ending of Crisis Core was rough too. I was actually way more emotionally invested in Zack than in ANY character from FFX, and yet I survived the ending without bawling. Not sure how that happened.

OMG i forgot about the crisis core ending....D: i nearly dropped a tear

7,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
x Fried_Rice xD
JeuneFille

OMG i forgot about the crisis core ending....D: i nearly dropped a tear

"You will be my living legacy" is another AUGH line.

6,500 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
How does VIII have a SAD ending? If I remember correctly, it was one of the games listed that HAD a happy ending, I don't know about you but when people are dancing around and having a laugh and stuffing their face with food etc it means thgeir happy, not in complete depression.

Even before that it wasn't all that sad either, if you want to go with the whole 'awww but Rinoa thought she lost Squall' bit then meh, I can't blame, it wasn't what upset me about the ending, if anything, I didn't care either way, Seifer looked happy now, Ellone was able to be with her uncle, Ward and Kiros again etc, not exactly a sad ending, the ONLY part I still cry over is the whole Laguna/Raine part of that ending, I found their love for each other far better then what I found Squall and Rinoas to be so I sympathize with them far more then what I ever will with Rinoa and Squall.

But on a whole, FFVIII didn't exactly have a sad ending.

I would probably havew to go with FFX's (just for the whole Auron sending/Aeons sending bit and I was a little upset with Tidus going but not completely) or Crisis Core, I know Zack was going to die but still, since he got his own game and Square could elaborate on it more (instead of just being three soldiers that took Zack down like they showed in VII) it worked out to be a bitter sweet ending even if I did find the whole Angeal reaching for Zack bit a tad too cheesy and like it didn't seem to need to be there but still I cried.

7,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Crisis Core's Ending, FFX's comes in a close second though. Zack's death was done perfectly. Even though everyone who played 7 knows that he was going to die it reaches the heart of everyone who sees it. FFX's ending was epic. It was ruined however by X-2's ending.

7,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I think it says a lot for a game when you KNOW how it's going to end, KNOW who's going to die, and yet it still manages to move you in some way. I love Crisis Core for that. It's probably my third favorite in the entire franchise.

Also in agreement that very little in VIII was sad. Seifer's story was a little unfortunate, but he ends up spending his days fishing with his buddies rather than, y'know, being hunted down as the sorceress's right hand man.
FFXIII because Fang and Vanille become Ragnarok and destroy Cocoon, but they turn into crystal. crying
JeuneFille
I think it says a lot for a game when you KNOW how it's going to end, KNOW who's going to die, and yet it still manages to move you in some way. I love Crisis Core for that. It's probably my third favorite in the entire franchise.

Also in agreement that very little in VIII was sad. Seifer's story was a little unfortunate, but he ends up spending his days fishing with his buddies rather than, y'know, being hunted down as the sorceress's right hand man.
I agree with you 100%. When I first watched the Crisis Core ending, I was still on dial-up internet. It took me a few hours to watch the whole thing, and I cried for the entire time. I knew Zack was going to die, I knew he was going to be shot like a dog on the cliff at the edge of the Midgar Basin. I knew that, and I still cried like a 6-year-old girl.

FFVIII ending = saccharin sweet fairy tale ending.
Crisis Core. It had me weeping when I watched the ending. ;D; FFX is a close second, although, for some reason IX had me going D: at the end just because it felt that way to me.
I really gotta watch these endings xD

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
FFTactics has a pretty depressing ending, when you take into account that it'll be centuries before Ramza and company are vindicated by history and will be known as the heroes you made damn sure they were instead of traitors and heretics. That's more RAEG-worthy than BAWW-inducing, though.
xPoisonXchampionx
The ending of FFX was a masterpiece. No other game of ANY series will ever come close to matching it.

Shadow hearts and Lost Odyssey would like to have a word with you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff