Welcome to Gaia! ::

[Black-Death]
this swag

Yea, mine was $400, but it should have been around $600.
The place I went charges by the hour, 150. I sat for 4 hours, so should have been way pricier, but.
the guy was really nice, and for some reason let me slide with $400. smile

That was a really really high end place, though, and typically for $400, I'm sure you could get a bigger piece.
I was just scared to risk a portrait in the hand of anyone but a very high end place.portraits ******** so easy. sad

Yeah just ask this guy
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You must uh, really love your dog huh?

hahaha yea like that. See
the difference between my tattoo and that one is. 4laugh
Mine was actually done by a fantastic artist, and looks exactly like my dog. cool cool

I do. My dog is everything to me. smile
Having several tattoos, with one on my back, I have this to say; they are going to itch, they are going to peel, but don't scratch them. You can actually screw up the job that was done if you scratch; you see, it takes until initial layer of skin is gone for the ink to completely be absorbed into the deeper levels of your skin.
Crunchy Flesh
this swag
Crunchy Flesh
this swag
Crunchy Flesh

oh yeah!
i remember that

it was well done 3nodding

yea it turned out amazing. ^_^ looks just like him~
loveee ittt.

i'm happy for youu 4laugh

if you don't
mind me asking,
did it cost a lot?
i really want a tat
but i don't know much
about prices

I know it's different
depending on where
you go
but i want to have
some sort of estimate
whee

The place I went charges by the hour, 150. I sat for 4 hours, so should have been way pricier, but.

That was a really really high end place, though, and typically for $400, I'm sure you could get a bigger piece.
I was just scared to risk a portrait in the hand of anyone but a very high end place.portraits ******** so easy. sad

Oooo
that's pretty good!

Yeah,
I would feel
the same way

If you're getting something
that's going to
permanently be on your body,
you should get someone
who will definitely do a good job

Oh yea totally! I don't think $400 is that bad.
But most places do it by the size of the tattoo, not the hour. smile

Good luck! 4laugh
If you get one you better supply pictures.
:3

tramp stamp?
lawlryan
:3

tramp stamp?

nah its like right below my shoulder blades, in the middle. it's kinda high.
this swag
[Black-Death]
this swag

Yeah just ask this guy

Mine was actually done by a fantastic artist, and looks exactly like my dog. cool cool

A couple of people have said to me 'Hey you should be a tattoo artist'
And I'm like 'Ahaha, ******** no. I ******** up a design on paper I can erase it or start again. I ******** up on someone's back and that s**t is PERMANENT.'

D'aww, you're adorable.
this swag
Crunchy Flesh
this swag
Crunchy Flesh
this swag
Crunchy Flesh

oh yeah!
i remember that

it was well done 3nodding

yea it turned out amazing. ^_^ looks just like him~
loveee ittt.

i'm happy for youu 4laugh

if you don't
mind me asking,
did it cost a lot?
i really want a tat
but i don't know much
about prices

I know it's different
depending on where
you go
but i want to have
some sort of estimate
whee

Oooo
that's pretty good!

Yeah,
I would feel
the same way

If you're getting something
that's going to
permanently be on your body,
you should get someone
who will definitely do a good job

Oh yea totally! I don't think $400 is that bad.
But most places do it by the size of the tattoo, not the hour. smile

Good luck! 4laugh
If you get one you better supply pictures.

np!

i see i see

Thanks!
I definitely will 3nodding
[Black-Death]
this swag
[Black-Death]
this swag

Yeah just ask this guy

And I'm like 'Ahaha, ******** no. I ******** up a design on paper I can erase it or start again. I ******** up on someone's back and that s**t is PERMANENT.'

D'aww, you're adorable.

hahahah yea. I'd be too scared to do that. sweatdrop
I used to be so blind to tattooing. I was so against it, but my dog really inspired me to do new things, so I went for it.
Now I find tattooing to be an incredible form of art. The way he took a picture of my dog
and translated it so well, goodness. 4laugh

d'ahhww thank youuu redface heart
Just don't itch it!, course you prolly already know that but yeah, mine itched like crazy too.
I am back on school after an uneventful spring break. I need to get things done!
this swag
[Black-Death]
this swag
[Black-Death]
this swag

Yeah just ask this guy

D'aww, you're adorable.

I used to be so blind to tattooing. I was so against it, but my dog really inspired me to do new things, so I went for it.
Now I find tattooing to be an incredible form of art. The way he took a picture of my dog

The thing I find with tattooing is not drawing exactly what you see, but getting the overall feel right. That bad tattoo reeks of an inexperienced artist trying to replicate the phto exactly.
My sisters boyfriend is a piercer, and he works with tattooists.
While I'll probably never get one myself, because I'm too uncertain to ever get a design put on my permanently, I'm very open about it all. It's a very earnest form of self expression.
(Mostly. XD)

I speak nothing but the truth, cutie. whee
Sophisticated teens
I am back on school after an uneventful spring break. I need to get things done!

I hated spring break
it's only a week!! crying
[Black-Death]
this swag
[Black-Death]
this swag
[Black-Death]
this swag

Yeah just ask this guy

D'aww, you're adorable.

The thing I find with tattooing is not drawing exactly what you see, but getting the overall feel right. That bad tattoo reeks of an inexperienced artist trying to replicate the phto exactly.
My sisters boyfriend is a piercer, and he works with tattooists.
While I'll probably never get one myself, because I'm too uncertain to ever get a design put on my permanently, I'm very open about it all. It's a very earnest form of self expression.
(Mostly. XD)

I speak nothing but the truth, cutie. whee

Haha yea! I totally get what you mean! I never really understood what made a good tattoo
and a bad one. But after experiencing it more closely, and after getting my own.
I realized it takes a lot more than just a good artist. It takes someone who can really feel out
the picture, and capture that person/animal/whatever have you, in the photo.
I never wanted one, but then it just kinda came to me and felt so right to get this one. 4laugh

you're too sweeet 4laugh heart
this swag

Haha yea! I totally get what you mean! I never really understood what made a good tattoo
and a bad one. But after experiencing it more closely, and after getting my own.
I realized it takes a lot more than just a good artist. It takes someone who can really feel out
the picture, and capture that person/animal/whatever have you, in the photo.
I never wanted one, but then it just kinda came to me and felt so right to get this one. 4laugh

you're too sweeet 4laugh heart

That's exactly it.
And it looks great! I'm happy it turned out well for you. So many disreputable tattooists out there giving the good ones a bad reputation. Same with piercers.
I can't count the number of times my sisters boyfriend has had to redo or remove a piercing from someone who got theirs done for ten bucks down at some chinese laundromat or had it done at home by a friend with a safety pin.
*sigh*

Haha, I try my best. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas