Welcome to Gaia! ::

Little Motel
ninathing
Saying that word should be a bannable offense.
Then so should saying c**t, f*****t, etc., and I'm sure a lot of people would agree that that mindset is reserved for someone entirely too sensitive.

Hahahahahaahahahah oh man yes. There is nothing like white middle-class nerds telling me how I am being "too sensitive" over a word that has been used against me at one point near daily. I am feeding off your stupidity. It is delicious.
Little Motel
ninathing
Then so should saying c**t, f*****t, etc., and I'm sure a lot of people would agree that that mindset is reserved for someone entirely too sensitive.

I really hope you're 12.
Rya Dracosin
Little Motel
ninathing

Again, these words have more then one meaning

c**t = v****a
f*****t = bundle of sticks
f** = cigarrette

again, more then one meaning. Just because they're old or uncommonly used does not mean that someone does not use them as such.

Do not try to play the definitions game here. When people say "f*****t" they don't mean "bundle of sticks" they mean "hahaha you filthy homosexual". "c**t" is just a very crude and awful word.

I will admit that people do use "f**" to mean "cigarette", but that is a British/Hibernian English peculiarity. Further, what gaping hole does "f**" leave in your vocabularly? There are a billion other words you could use to say "cigarette".

Fashionable Gaian

10,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Citizen 200
Ringoringa
If "f*****t" isn't censored, "******" shouldn't be, either. They're both equally bad, if you ask me. The only difference is that they're referring to different groups.

People who freak out about "******" need to grow a thicker skin. Don't tell me, "you're white, you don't understand." I've been called a f*****t, slut, and a lot of other things (at age 13, mind you, which I still am), and you don't see me complaining. "Minimal filtering" should mean "minimal filtering."

Edit: Don't call me "racist," either. Personally, I wouldn't use the word; "I don't agree with what you say, but I will defend to death your right to say it," or something like that. Besides, I'm obsessed with Sentinel, and she's African American, is she not? (Or Indian, or... I dunno, it's hard to tell with anime. Point is, she has dark skin.)

From how you're wording it seems that you're saying people should grow a thicker skin just because the N word is offensive to them? Just because you may not be phased by something doesn't mean others won't be. It's just a plain out offensive term. Period. I don't like it and I don't like people using that word no matter what context it is used in honestly, even if they aren't intending to offend someone. The word still holds the same definition.

The thing with the term 'f*****t' is that it can almost mean a bundle of anything or material. So the censoring for that probably varies. Though, it's hard to say when someone on here uses that term to describe a bundle. Since more than enough times it's used in a negative manner.

Just because one word isn't censored doesn't mean another one shouldn't be. Think the word should be censored as well? Well, then say something about it. I'm certainly not against more words like that being censored.
You selected minimal filter. There you go. neutral
Not no filter, which does not exist. They can put whatever word they want there.

Blessed Gaian

8,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
Rayne Bloodstone
Ramen King Roshi
It's censored because the only reason to use it in the first place is to attack another person or group of peoples, which is a reportable offense. So seeing as how its only usage is against the code of conduct, its being banned shouldn't really be an issue. neutral
₲reen acid on your Ϩʞ↕и

Wrong. Tons of people around here (mostly black) call each other ****** all the time and I don't see any guns blazing. ****** can be used as offensive or in a joking way, just like any other word. It should not be censored unless you have filtering on. Period.

₣eels like you're dieing ΔɠΔ↕и

Using something jokingly doesn't negate the meaning behind it you know.
I'm a black person and I can say ****** to another black person if I wanted to offend him or her, and only by the tone of my voice and body language can one really tell if someone is joking.
This becomes a more difficult task when people a communicating through text, because of the lake of ability to show precise emotions. I don't really care rather it is censored or not. All I'm saying is that the word was made for offensive intentions, that is what it is before anything else.

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
Rya Dracosin
Little Motel
ninathing

c**t = v****a
f** = cigarrette

again, more then one meaning. Just because they're old or uncommonly used does not mean that someone does not use them as such.

c**t doesn't have more than one meaning. It's supposed to mean v****a. It's sole purpose is to let someone know they're a p***y. That's all.

f*****t and Gay, I can see as, respectively, a f*****t is a bundle of sticks and gay is supposed to mean happy.
Zee Coldwater
If you think using slurs -- about other people's ethnicity, nationality, sexuality, whatever -- is trendy or funny or edgy, please go jump off a cliff. Right now.

If you think people are "too sensitive" about a word that has the baggage of 200 years of being stomped on behind it, you should do likewise.

rofl That made my day. lol

*ahem* Back on topic... Gaia reserves the right to censor anything they want. You have the right to post your feedback here but more then likely this will not be changed.

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Catalyste
Rya Dracosin
Catalyste
Wait, if you're talking about a horn, then it would be honky, not honkey.

Spelling...gotta love it.

I'm not a dictionary. I don't give a flying ******** about spelling unless it's OMG TXT TLK or I H8 U 2 talk.

I'll call it honkey. when i want to say someone did something i'll be like he fix'd it. I also tend to use cutesy words, like dun, and i unno, and i do tend to make up my own words, like misspelled words like niterwebs.

Plus, if you can find a way to take something negative and turn it positive, then that's even better :3

Well I care about spelling and I didn't mention it as a way of sounding like a smartass to you, just to indicate that there is a difference between the derogatory term and the adjective.

Anyway we'd both be wrong.

Apparently Honky is the spelling used for derogatory use. lol

rofl yay for incorrect spellings. And i don't mean to insult you over spelling. Everyone is different. I only care about spelling when it's something professionally important.

But either way, taking something negative and turning it into something positive is a good thing.

Also, isn't there a song called the Honky Tonk Blues or something like that? I dunno. Either way, most of the other derogatory terms are minor compared to that one, when looking at the masses vs. individual.

7,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Kaiba the Revenge
Rayne Bloodstone
Ramen King Roshi
It's censored because the only reason to use it in the first place is to attack another person or group of peoples, which is a reportable offense. So seeing as how its only usage is against the code of conduct, its being banned shouldn't really be an issue. neutral
₲reen acid on your Ϩʞ↕и

Wrong. Tons of people around here (mostly black) call each other ****** all the time and I don't see any guns blazing. ****** can be used as offensive or in a joking way, just like any other word. It should not be censored unless you have filtering on. Period.

I dunno. I've seen people that are fine with just about every swear word under the sun except for "******." I guess a complete no-filter option would remedy that, though.
₲reen acid on your Ϩʞ↕и

And so have I but I know a lot of people that find "b***h" is more offensives then calling them a fat whore. It depends on the person. I've been called a b***h, white trash, a whore and many other things but I don't take offense to it. People that take offense have a right but others shouldn't be censored because people get butthurt over one word. What about the people that get upset over being called a b***h or a whore? What about the Mexicans getting called beaner? Same thing.

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Catalyste
Rya Dracosin
Little Motel
ninathing

c**t = v****a
f** = cigarrette

c**t doesn't have more than one meaning. It's supposed to mean v****a. It's sole purpose is to let someone know they're a p***y. That's all.

f*****t and Gay, I can see as, respectively, a f*****t is a bundle of sticks and gay is supposed to mean happy.

haha, well i think i meant they have 'serious' meaning more then negative meaning. Most of these words were created long before being used negatively. The one word he's complaining about, wasn't that created just for the purpose of being negative? Shoot, if only i'd paid attention better in history sweatdrop
Ringoringa
age 13, mind you, which I still am

Yeah, see, this whole "offensive" thing only really makes sense when you are a whole couple of years older, maybe you should leave this argument to the grownups until you have figured out what words mean.
ninathing
Little Motel
ninathing

I really hope you're 12.
You got me.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Benjamin van Adin
Ringoringa

Yeah, see, this whole "offensive" thing only really makes sense when you are a whole couple of years older, maybe you should leave this argument to the grownups until you have figured out what words mean.

To be fair, age does not equal maturity. Pretending you're more grown up just because you're older is kind of...childish.
Kaiba the Revenge
Benjamin van Adin
Ringoringa

To be fair, age does not equal maturity. Pretending you're more grown up just because you're older is kind of...childish.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff