Welcome to Gaia! ::

ninathing
Hoshioni
you guys are too bounded by sterotypes. theres plenty of japanese who dispise all forms of conformity. go look harder, as everything has a dual nature

I know a ******** of Japanese people and a ******** of gaijin who are living there right now. This is not a stereotype. You are expected to conform.

You are living in a fantasy world. The Japan you love does not exist.

User Image

Wake up.

That sign is weird to me. I understand it, of course, but it kind of comes off to me as, "We don't want you here at all, but are sorry for the inconvenience!" and feels like a contradiction. :/
FurryMink
ninathing
Hoshioni
you guys are too bounded by sterotypes. theres plenty of japanese who dispise all forms of conformity. go look harder, as everything has a dual nature

I know a ******** of Japanese people and a ******** of gaijin who are living there right now. This is not a stereotype. You are expected to conform.

You are living in a fantasy world. The Japan you love does not exist.

User Image

Wake up.

That sign is weird to me. I understand it, of course, but it kind of comes off to me as, "We don't want you here at all, but are sorry for the inconvenience!" and feels like a contradiction. :/

Japanese society has inescapable rules of conduct that govern even their hate speech. This is why a foreigner with a basic grasp of japanese will not always know he has been insulted by his hosts.
ninathing
Pirate*
heart GLORIOUS NIPPON heart

Kawaii ~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Ebert_Coredor
Japanese society has inescapable rules of conduct that govern even their hate speech. This is why a foreigner with a basic grasp of japanese will not always know he has been insulted by his hosts.

Ah. That would explain it.
ninathing
Pirate*
heart GLORIOUS NIPPON heart

User Image

Kawaii ~

Japan should also have inescapable rules of conduct that govern dress code as well User Image
Hi Hoshioni! This is my first time posting in one of your threads! I am super excited!

At first I felt a little bit of pity for you because I too would have understood your mainstream style! However eight years have passed and I am no longer 14, so I'm afraid the loss of my soul and artistic integrity has prevented me from appreciating your work.

I will take the road less traveled, as your favorite poet Robert Frost has suggested, and I will comment solely on plot and presentation.

Well, I would, except there is no plot. It's just badly presented sparring. I can't tell at all what's happening. You said yourself that it is based on something that happened to you, but how am I supposed to know what that is? I just see two people fighting. I don't know who they are. I don't care who they are. I don't care at all what happens to them. There is no plot whatsoever to speak of.

As for your presentation, it is terrible. There are no word bubbles and so it is hard to keep with any flow of action there may be. There is no inking and the paneling is awful. In fact, I will do you the honor of not even calling this a presentation. A presentation is prepared, and this was clearly not. What you have are doodles with side notes attached to them, with no refinement whatsoever.

So coming to the conclusion that there is no presentation or plot to rate, I will simply direct my critique at you.

Grow up.
ninathing
User Image

Kawaii ~
I'd hit it.
Smegma Princess
Is this enough facepalm?

User Image

Cyclic facepalm is getting there!

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Gai Neilman
Smegma Princess
Is this enough facepalm?

User Image

What about this?
Seijaku_Ishida
What about this?

nice
Hoshioni you typed up all those words and they did not make you the slightest bit better at your art. You burned all that energy and yet you are still Not Good at drawing anything.

Stop it.
Seijaku_Ishida
Gai Neilman
Smegma Princess
Is this enough facepalm?

User Image

What about this?

That's more like it!
Black Reiley
Hoshioni you typed up all those words and they did not make you the slightest bit better at your art. You burned all that energy and yet you are still Not Good at drawing anything.

Stop it.

It would be wise to listen to this man, he is correct.
0/10, complete fail. Drop the animu crap and learn how to write a coherent story and we'll talk.

5,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
Work on your anatomy and use word balloons.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff