Welcome to Gaia! ::

Not to be a wet blanket, but we already have (or had) something that is nearly identical to what you're proposing. A few years back, Gaia used to have item-designing contests based off holidays (Christmas, Valentine's Day), sponsored items (the Secret-sponsored contest for a prom dress design), or specific item types (hats, handheld items). I'm wearing such an item myself--the Ribbon Luv Sleeves, which were designed back in 2008 by Omikuji for the Valentine's Day item contest.

The contests were pretty popular in that they attracted a huge number of entries and made Gaians want to vote, but the infrequency of the announcements about the contests killed the whole idea. Gaia no longer has item contests for one reason or another, and one reason might be that the staff couldn't give the contests sufficient publicity. The only announcements about the contests frequently came out at the start and end of the contest, rarely before or on submission deadlines or as contest updates.

Your idea in and of itself wouldn't be so bad, but Gaia's problem is that the staff are too busy with other things (debugging, making and maintaining new features, releasing new items) to keep up with the contests. On the other hand, if you were to suggest some way for Gaia to reinstate item-designing contests and give them more publicity to the users, that would be better.

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Overstocked 200
  • Voter 100
that would be so cool
i sign

Fluffy Bunny

21,375 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Timid Receiver

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Signed~! xp It IS a great idea, after all.

3,250 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
I, x-Azn_Shnikkie-x sighn this petition > biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items