Welcome to Gaia! ::

what's a silent comic?
A comic that has no dialogue or narration. Nobody says anything or explains anything. The artwork alone showcases what's going on in the story. Sometimes the story is simple, but other times a lot of what goes on is left up to interpretation.
ok i think i prefer dialog because it's a deeper story. I PMed to you. n.n

Shadowy Phantom

Some of the silent comics I've read so far have been far more "deep" and touching than anything with dialogue I've read.
It's all about using what you have well. Dialogue makes some things easier and some things more difficult, and silent comics also give you some advantages and disadvantages. Both can be immensely powerful when used in the right setting, or they can hamper the quality of the comic if not.

To prefer one over the other is just silly. Unless you meant you'd prefer to do one over the other in your comic, which is perfectly alright, but in that case your reasoning for it is silly.
Kyousouka
Some of the silent comics I've read so far have been far more "deep" and touching than anything with dialogue I've read.
It's all about using what you have well. Dialogue makes some things easier and some things more difficult, and silent comics also give you some advantages and disadvantages. Both can be immensely powerful when used in the right setting, or they can hamper the quality of the comic if not.

To prefer one over the other is just silly. Unless you meant you'd prefer to do one over the other in your comic, which is perfectly alright, but in that case your reasoning for it is silly.

what i meant by deeper is that, it would NEED explanations because he plot is a really deep one and there is termanology and such for it. hopefully that clears it up better. as i said before english isn't my first langauge i have habit of using wrong words. sweatdrop
Mr McGrumpypants
You post it here. This is a forum for comic creators. If you post in the Writers' forum, they'll just get pissy.

You can convert this into a thread asking for writers by editing your first post.

Another good reason not to post it in the "writer's forum" is that nobody in there can actually write worth a damn.
Hochsten von Hurensohn
Mr McGrumpypants
You post it here. This is a forum for comic creators. If you post in the Writers' forum, they'll just get pissy.

You can convert this into a thread asking for writers by editing your first post.

Another good reason not to post it in the "writer's forum" is that nobody in there can actually write worth a damn.

so all the good writers are here? xd
akioni jae

I personally wouldn't go in there without backup, that's all I'm saying.
Hochsten von Hurensohn
akioni jae

I personally wouldn't go in there without backup, that's all I'm saying.

haha ok.
thanks for the advice.
If i may suggest something, if you have problems with backdrops try looking at other comics and such for inspiration (and by NO means am i saying copy their work) it makes it easier to visualize what you want. being a comic writer myself i also find that backdrops are hard. 4laugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff