Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Well, occationally...yeah.
They're in the form of disembodied voices, though, and they usually argue.
It's quite funny sometimes.
That's.. slightly insane.
Sadly, my characters do talk to me. I already know I'm insane though. Some of the conversations we have are quite.... interesting, to say the least.
Oh dang, people who talk to imaginary characters. But it's okay, because they know they're "insane"-in-the-loosest-most-kawaii-sense-of-the-word. How... quirky.

Beloved Sex Symbol

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
It's not insane at all. It's the form of an active imagination. It also depicts imaginative and possibly successful people in the future. Its also because of childishness and a love for the abnormal. My OCs are all original and seem to pop out of nowhere, they also seem like real people from a review I got on Fanfiction.net. When they 'speak' you know what they are saying because your subconscious provides it for you, its your imagination turned Full Blast. Hope it makes sense. smile
-sigh- They talk to me a lot. Well, for the most part, it's not directly to me, more like they seem to write their own story and tell me what they came up with.

I don't get why people are calling this 'talking to imaginary friends' and calling us crazy. So what if I talk to my characters? At least that proves they have a developed personality, right? Also, 'crazy' is a harsh word to use with writers and other such creators. I'm sure that something you do would cause me to call you crazy, and I doubt you would enjoy that.

Everybody has their quirks and hobbies, so I suggest you not jump the gun by suggesting we belong in a sanitarium. I'm not crazy, and neither is anybody whose characters talk to them. We're just very creative.
KomiyanZaibach
Talk is.. an odd way to put it. When I'm scripting I can tell what each of them would say in certain situations, if that's what you mean. That's a good sign, I think, means you've built up their personalities. This seems inevitable if you really think about your characters and work with them for a long time.

I've had at least one character somehow ending up with a bigger part than I planned, as I was writing him he pretty much got away from me and ended up all popular and an integral part of the story. I'm half certain this was his fault and not mine razz

VERY VERY NICE PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink
There is a distinct difference between having developed, complex characters with whom you feel you can relate and hearing disembodied voices that talk to you without your prompting. You are literally talking to imaginary people, whether or not they seem super cool and real. "Creativity" isn't talking to yourself, that's called "needing friends" and "being grossly socially inept".

I have characters I feel very attached to, but I don't speak to them because they aren't real. I might imagine scenarios in which they talk to each other in order to help me with writing their story.

Don't let us stop you guys from being "creative", though. Seriously, we don't care if you talk to yourselves. Just know that if you get too attached to your fake friends you won't be getting any more real ones any time soon.

3,300 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
Talk, huh? neutral I guess so... They're like my best buds when I'm alone ( call me weird if you want, I won't mind). You think it's weird or something? Don't you, like, need to let your character talk to you if your creating their dialogs and stuff like that? I don't think it's weird, I feel natural about it, well, that's just me... I do it too... lol

Tipsy Codger

is this like the sort of thing where people leave comments on deviantart or fanfiction.net written by them and their characters? And it's all bickering banter and it's completely annoying to look at?

Fashionable Shopper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Crow Jane
is this like the sort of thing where people leave comments on deviantart or fanfiction.net written by them and their characters? And it's all bickering banter and it's completely annoying to look at?

Oh God, I know somebody like that on dA, and she's a great artist too, but jeez... she does it with Bleach characters though, not her OCs. It's kinda funny, but rather strange. I'm not going to say her username.
Crow Jane

Oh my goddd I HATE that. I think I used to do it when I was 13, too. Ughhhh.
I can honestly say no fictional people have ever spoken to me. Because you know. They aren't real.
No, people who are not real don't actually talk to me. I only have auditory hallucinations when I'm very tired and trying to fall asleep.
They don't talk to me, although on occasion I do talk to them, when I'm drawing, mostly things like "Why the hell do you have to have such ******** wavy hair, if you don't stop being difficult I will cut it off." But I don't think that's what you mean.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff