Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Raider

9,300 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Profitable 100
barton town has that building with "love" written at the top of it, so it should be a match making system like okcupid.com. lately gaia has seemed to like copying other popular sites, so why not copy okcupid too? keep it pg13 though, of course.

Fashionable Gaian

10,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Citizen 200

Actually, it use to be a long time ago. You know fine a F x M or M x M or F x F. It was closed down to people getting disgusting, creepiness, and cybering.

Copying what exactly from other sites?

Blessed Sex Symbol

░░░░░admit it░░░░░
Actually it wouldn't be copying since we had Personals back in 04' but was removed for obvious issues like cybering.

If you read the FMI it says they are working on bringing back Personals.User Image
User Image

░░░░░you are each an every one of these░░░░░

Romantic Raider

9,300 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Profitable 100
London Bell

Actually, it use to be a long time ago. You know fine a F x M or M x M or F x F. It was closed down to people getting disgusting, creepiness, and cybering.

Copying what exactly from other sites?

many other users have complained that gaia has copied myspace and facebook in the way that gaia has changed profile layouts, the homepage layout, and other things.
i haven't seen much cybering here at gaia, but i heard from someone else that a lot of it still goes on, in places like towns or slots. i think it's unavoidable. two people could be cybering in PMs, but who would know if neither of them reports the other one?
maybe this match making thing i'm suggesting could be free of public chatting so other people don't have to be exposed to whatever is going on privately between two users.

Quotable Autobiographer

8,550 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Autobiographer 200
FrenchBananaHorn
░░░░░admit it░░░░░
Actually it wouldn't be copying since we had Personals back in 04' but was removed for obvious issues like cybering.

If you read the FMI it says they are working on bringing back Personals.User Image
User Image

░░░░░you are each an every one of these░░░░░

i was at gaia in 2004 but whenever i clicked that love building, it gave me an error message.
what is fmi?
i read somewhere that gaia was going to bring back personals, but that was over a year ago.

10,200 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
i think a matchmaker would be a terrible idea just because it's like saying we should have music videos like youtube, it's just different and not what gaia is....

Quotable Autobiographer

8,550 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Saronei
i think a matchmaker would be a terrible idea just because it's like saying we should have music videos like youtube, it's just different and not what gaia is....

gaia already has videos. they're on profiles, in cinemas, and they have that video playlist thing where you can search for videos (i think the videos might come from youtube) and make a playlist out of them.
gaia already had the love thing years ago so it wouldn't be copying as a previous person said. it would be bringing back what gaia originally had. the building should have a purpose.

8,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
sorry, but gaia is probably the last place I would look for a boyfriend.

Quotable Autobiographer

8,550 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Lunel
sorry, but gaia is probably the last place I would look for a boyfriend.

i think it would be kool to find someone with similar interests. and if you find your special someone on gaia, that immediately shows you that you already have something in common (gaia). smile other dating sites like okcupid/plentyoffish/myspace, people go there for the specific reason of getting a match so you can't tell just from them being a user at that site what their interests are.

Fashionable Gaian

10,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Just like any other social networking site. Gaia is far different from facebook or myspace. I wish people would quit comparing the two. If they were I certainly wouldn't be on here. Profiling for Gaia looks nothing like myspace profiles. Yech.

Honestly I think Gaia bringing back personal's is a huge mistake and doesn't need to be implemented. It was taken down for a reason.

Cybering happens quite often. Especially in towns or the Barton forums. Of course other users will report offenders if they break the rules. Cybering isn't allowed period on this website. No if and's or but's about it.

Romantic Raider

9,300 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Profitable 100
London Bell

Just like any other social networking site. Gaia is far different from facebook or myspace. I wish people would quit comparing the two. If they were I certainly wouldn't be on here. Profiling for Gaia looks nothing like myspace profiles. Yech.

Honestly I think Gaia bringing back personal's is a huge mistake and doesn't need to be implemented. It was taken down for a reason.

Cybering happens quite often. Especially in towns or the Barton forums. Of course other users will report offenders if they break the rules. Cybering isn't allowed period on this website. No if and's or but's about it.

compared to the old gaia profiles of 2004, the new profiles do resemble the profiles at social networking sites.
the reason personals was taken down was because of cybering, but as you said, cybering still happens at gaia even w/out personals. if gaia doesn't want to bring back personals, they should remove the love building and replace it with something that serves a purpose.
if two gaia users are cybering with each other in PMs, there is no way any other user will report them because no other user will be seeing their PMs.

Fashionable Gaian

10,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

I dont' think they should remove the Love building, that's about like removing the building with the music note on it. There's no telling what they could do with it or how they'll approach it, plus the Love building is also in zOMG. So if they removed that they'd probably remove that too from zOMG.

Common knowledge about PM's.
It used to be like that and it was taken down. If they have any brains they'll never bring that feature back.

In zOMG they make it seem as if a girl called Candice will turn it into a candy shop, but they don't seem to actually be doing it on the main site.

Romantic Raider

9,300 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Profitable 100
gaia was also accused of copying neopets when gaia added aquariums.

Newbie Noob

3,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
i found my girlfriend on gaia and now we live in the basement of a townhouse together

its so romantic heart heart heart heart heart heart heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces