Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Behold, Gaians!

For one thousand years I have been giving out gifts to worthy people. Once it was as easy as opening my mouth and conjuring a gift from the infinite depths of my stomach. Unfortunately, this method now causes me to throw up. It appears a side effect of being mortal is that I have to buy or make gifts from scratch.

It's clear that I need to relearn the ancient art of gifting. I turn to you and your hard-earned wisdom, Gaians: what is the absolute best gift you've ever received? And while you're thinking about it, what was the worst?

Oh, and do you guys think Sentinel would like a Cheery Cardinal? She's so hard to shop for.
The absolutely best gift I ever got, was when at last I learned how to enjoy giving presents on Christmas much more than receiving them. For once, I was excited, estatic about what other people were getting FROM me, rather than what was waiting under the tree

heart
My worst gift was a pair of fi-fi the flowertots socks D;
My best present was seeing my dad on christmas heart

( Hoboseer: yes i think she would (; )

5,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
Once my mom took some of my clothes, and gave them to me. I expect her to do the same this year. rofl
3rd post.
Best:

- Hurting from a rotten childhood, I have always loathed christmas. (see below) But around five years ago my roomate at the time determined to surprise me with EVERYTHING on my christmas list. EVERYTHING, a total of around $600 worth of items. I was absolutely floored beyond expression, and grateful.

- I was the recipient of toys donated to a Toys for Tots type charity drive in around third and fourth grades. Though I recieved the gifts 26 years ago I have never forgotten how extremely excited I was to recieve gifts of a kind and quality I never had before - Cabbage Patch Kid dolls, at the time when they were the huge craze - and I donate toys to Toys for Tots type charities every year now that I'm an adult so that other kids can have the joy of toys their family can't afford.

Worst:

When I was in around fifth grade, my single dad remarried, a woman who -loathed- us kids. She was pretty passive-aggressive about it, but the truth came out at christmas where every single one of the gifts my brother and I recieved were pathetically battered, tattered, thrashed items found at yard sales with 25 and 50 cent price tags written on them in permanent marker. That was all we got that year, and that was christmas.

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
I FEEL YOUR LOVE REFLECTION mitsumekaesu hitomi ni egaite haruka na NEVERENDING STORY kanashimi mo itami mo furikiru you ni habataku

User ImageUser ImageMy best gift was a Gamecube from Santa for x-mas and my worst was used lotion - someone had opened it up and used it already D: - for my birthday from my father. gonk IMO, the positive gift outweighs the negative one. biggrin

I like cardinals. I don't see why the Sentinel wouldn't. XD

anata ga kureta tsubasa wo kono mune ni hirogete aa kakegaenai ai no kodou wo setsunaku kuruoshiku kanjite itai I FEEL YOUR LOVE REFLECTION
Worst: book of algebra problems *shivers*
Best: hmmmm....probably a lego star wars game sweatdrop

Tipsy Bloodsucker

5,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Best present will be this Christmas.
My niece will be born soon.
=3

Worst: An alarm clock...

desupantsu's Waifu

Kawaii Blob

26,800 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
One of the more memorable presents i have gotten was the train set i got when i was really little, like 5 i believe it was.
it was a brio train set that was just a circle.
I vividly remember first seeing it Christmas morning clambered over the couch opposed to going around to get to it faster. xD

As for my worst it was actually from last year. A "wild woman spirit totem"
my aunt is really weird...

squee first page!

3,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
User Imageworst present has to be a bathroom robe..e_e
Best present has to be my labbytop (or my camera...)<3

4,750 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Best Present: A Cam Corder I got last year! biggrin I love it! You can take pics too!
Worst Gift: I was thankful, but it was a pin, my grandma made it for me, it was a teddy or somethin. I appreciate it, but I don't care for it... cry
My best Christmas gift was waking up to find the BJD I always wanted lying next to me. Turns out my mother thought I was good this year so she bought it for me. :3

My worst gift would have to be the chair I got last year. It broke the second day I had it. :T
FIRST PAGE

Best gift ever was, on here, the Inari's Beads that my best friend gave to me.

Worst gift? People who dump their garbage on me instead of into the machine, so I can do a tiny bit of good.
scream

4,750 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Peoplewatcher 100
STOP SAYING THINGS LIKE:
First post!
Second post!
ITS JUST LAME, RETARDED, AND STUPID! Oh and, SPAM!

14,325 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
The best gift I ever got was my first oil paint set. The worst was a kit to make a pink poodle out ot hot glue.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff