Welcome to Gaia! ::

interested? the plus signs represent stars.

definitely! +++++ 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 5 ]
yes ++++ 0.044444444444444 4.4% [ 2 ]
i guess +++ 0.13333333333333 13.3% [ 6 ]
no ++ 0.15555555555556 15.6% [ 7 ]
definitely not... + 0.55555555555556 55.6% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 45 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

man... your real cool... ha... hehe, hehehe... heeee... xd
Who says I'm trying to be cool? Seriously, I haven't a ******** to give what you or anyone else around here happens to think of me. All I care about is quashing terrible ideas and terrible artists/writers before the internet becomes even further congested with putrile s**t. And so far, it seems you are fitting the criteria quite well.
nice. your going to 'quash' me? i thought you could type good since you were 7? or was that just a prediction of your own future, and your not at that age yet? that's funny. ya ok, just try and "Squash" me... it'll be amusing to watch you try.
lunar knight II
nice. your going to 'quash' me? i thought you could type good since you were 7? or was that just a prediction of your own future, and your not at that age yet? that's funny. ya ok, just try and "Squash" me... it'll be amusing to watch you try.
So, along with being a terrible typist, you also have no familiarity with expanded vocabulary and lack the ability to use a dictionary, further humiliating yourself.

You make this too easy, child.
thank you. why are you here? what's the point of attempting to make people miserable? if you don't like people practicing their manga. then make your own , make it better than them, or just close your eyes! ahaha! and calling me child? i dought that you are THAT much older than me.

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
lunar knight II
i dought that you are THAT much older than me.
...says the guy who has his mom type for him.
Oh man... Should we?
Age has nothing to do with it, mental maturity has everything. You could be three times my age, and I would still call you child. Why? Because you are acting like one.

I have no need to make a 'manga' in order to critique attempts. I do not quell all attempts, only those I deem to be practices in utter futility.

The chances are extremely high that this project will never be entertaining, and never go beyond the same clichéd tripe that could be found in innumerable threads within the forum alone.

You haven't even supplied samples of artwork yet, so this even fails the 'manga' classification. What you have here is merely a script, and a poor one at that.
Sure is underageb& in here. If you aren't thirteen, get out. But, I'm a nice person, so I'm going to tell you why you've been getting low ratings.

It's generic, cliche, and makes no sense. One big thing you need to answer is WHY did this girl get kidnapped, and by who, and make it tie in with the plot. (Or, actually, that's a gigantic chunk of the plot, that you've omitted.) Presumably, the kidnapper will be your antagonist (IE bad guy). He's going to be in conflict with your protagonist(s), her classmate and the demonspawn guy. If that's your conflict, the goal of your story would then be to have the protagonist overcome the antagonist and rescue the damsel in distress (CLICHE).

Second, another huge plot chunk, WHY is demonspawn guy helping rescue this chick? You've provided us with neither of these, so your plot has huge gaping holes in it as far as we can see. And, no, don't think you're withholding the plot twists, or whatever; we need to know what your story is about before we can tell you if we like your story.

Third, don't set it in Japan. Just freaking don't. Set it where you live, or in a made up place, because unless you live in Japan, you don't know what it's like there, no matter how much anime you watch. Make it easier for yourself, and set it someplace where you know the customs and the climate and such firsthand.

Fourth, don't use Japanese names. Just don't. Anyone who actually speaks Japanese will laugh at you, because your meanings will probably be all sorts of messed up. Name them something matching the setting. EG if it's set in America, they've got American names, like Katie or Josh.

Your dialogue is awful. Listen to how people actually speak, and write like that. It needs to sound natural, and not forced, stiff, and artificial. (Also, cliche.)

If you're going to base ANYTHING on mythology, know your mythology first. Put a twist on it if you like, but please, don't set it in hell just 'cuz it's cool and edgy, because it's really, really not.

Either learn to draw, or provide incentive (IE cash/goldz) for the artist.

English class is your friend. They teach you how to write stories.

You read all that? Tl;dr: It's generic and cliche and artists don't work for free.
merixthexninja
Sure is underageb& in here. If you aren't thirteen, get out. But, I'm a nice person, so I'm going to tell you why you've been getting low ratings.

It's generic, cliche, and makes no sense. One big thing you need to answer is WHY did this girl get kidnapped, and by who, and make it tie in with the plot. (Or, actually, that's a gigantic chunk of the plot, that you've omitted.) Presumably, the kidnapper will be your antagonist (IE bad guy). He's going to be in conflict with your protagonist(s), her classmate and the demonspawn guy. If that's your conflict, the goal of your story would then be to have the protagonist overcome the antagonist and rescue the damsel in distress (CLICHE).

Second, another huge plot chunk, WHY is demonspawn guy helping rescue this chick? You've provided us with neither of these, so your plot has huge gaping holes in it as far as we can see. And, no, don't think you're withholding the plot twists, or whatever; we need to know what your story is about before we can tell you if we like your story.

Third, don't set it in Japan. Just freaking don't. Set it where you live, or in a made up place, because unless you live in Japan, you don't know what it's like there, no matter how much anime you watch. Make it easier for yourself, and set it someplace where you know the customs and the climate and such firsthand.

Fourth, don't use Japanese names. Just don't. Anyone who actually speaks Japanese will laugh at you, because your meanings will probably be all sorts of messed up. Name them something matching the setting. EG if it's set in America, they've got American names, like Katie or Josh.

Your dialogue is awful. Listen to how people actually speak, and write like that. It needs to sound natural, and not forced, stiff, and artificial. (Also, cliche.)

If you're going to base ANYTHING on mythology, know your mythology first. Put a twist on it if you like, but please, don't set it in hell just 'cuz it's cool and edgy, because it's really, really not.

Either learn to draw, or provide incentive (IE cash/goldz) for the artist.

English class is your friend. They teach you how to write stories.

You read all that? Tl;dr: It's generic and cliche and artists don't work for free.

thank you for your opinion. i am just starting so i know nothing about manga. ive never read manga and i am not good at making up a good storyline. um... i don't think that hell is 'cool' i just came up with the thing of the top of my head. um... i'm sorry if this script offends you but i am just a beginner, so don't blame me.well... nevermind. anyways, i get where your coming from with the part where you say to base it on where you live part, but i live in the U.S.A. and the worst state for anime and manga. massachusettes. nothing here is interesting, so i don't want to have a book about the least exciting place on earth. a country farm is more exciting than this place. anyways, thanks for your critisizm or what ever it is, i am just trying to better myself, so anyway anyone can help me, is much apreciated. thanks
I suggest everyone take this brat's appraisal of Massachusetts with a heaping of salt. It's exciting when you aren't twelve years old.
im 15. do you know my name too? lol and it's my opinion that mass is a suckish state. at least the parts that i have lived in are. never lived in boston, but as far as i can tell, it's a pretty cool place. been there on field trips and stuff.
Fifteen and you need your mother to type up your posts? Does she breastfeed you still, too?

Massachusetts is pretty ******** awesome for anime/manga. It has one of the best conventions in the United States and it's not like it's the Bible Belt where they might object to foreign influence. If you can't find people who share your hobby, you just either happen to live in one of the small towns out in the western half or you aren't looking hard enough.

Round up some friends and start a comic book club at your high school.
actually i do live in the western half... your right... im sorry. sweatdrop
Oh wow. Suddenly all my anger has turned to pity. No wonder you're bored out of your ******** mind. All that's out there are woods and some family farms.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff