Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well, Simply.

I was dumb, Changed the themes of my windows VISTA. ( Visual themes ) Then I deleted the themes folder, i re-started the laptop, came back, blue screen of death.

Is there any way of repairing it without re-formating it ?
Have you tried booting off a disc? I'm not sure about Vista themes but if you're getting a BSoD not involving drivers, you may be able to back up your files or even replace the old files you deleted by running off a disc and installing/replacing the necessary files.
I tried vista recovery disc, Didn't recognize, the same thing happened

700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Can you tell it to boot into safe mode and do windows recovery?
Hmm, I'm guessing this is a driver problem, I tried to boot into safe mode, but, it stoped on C:system32drivers. then The Blue screen of death, but I don't know know what to do, buy a new driver? This has never happened to me, so I don't know what to do..

Also, Thanks for trying to help smile
I recommend Last Good Configurations when choosing how to boot.
If you boot from the Vista reinstallation disc (generally not "recovery" media as most of those are designed to reimage your drive, not repair it) and go into the repair options, or choose Repair from the F8 boot menu you should be able to run System Restore. That alone should take care of this.

Beyond that, what blue screen are you getting? They're not all the same. They have different error codes to offer some sort of indication of what has gone wrong. At the very least, tell us everything under the "Technical Information" section.
Minion4Hire
If you boot from the Vista reinstallation disc (generally not "recovery" media as most of those are designed to reimage your drive, not repair it) and go into the repair options, or choose Repair from the F8 boot menu you should be able to run System Restore. That alone should take care of this.

Beyond that, what blue screen are you getting? They're not all the same. They have different error codes to offer some sort of indication of what has gone wrong. At the very least, tell us everything under the "Technical Information" section.
A good time to note to create a system backup point for system restore when everything is working well, so you aren't restoring to factory settings lol. (but sometimes peopel turn it to automatically do that, or a program makes it, so it does depend)
SirHacksAlot
Minion4Hire

A good time to note to create a system backup point for system restore when everything is working well, so you aren't restoring to factory settings lol. (but sometimes peopel turn it to automatically do that, or a program makes it, so it does depend)
That right there. That's the crap I'm talking about.

"but sometimes peopel turn it to automatically do that"

What? Here's what I think you were trying to say...

"Sometimes people will enable System Restore to automatically create restore points for them"

....and while what I wrote actually makes grammatical sense it still doesn't make technical sense since System Restore's DEFAULT SETTINGS automatically create restore points. A portion of your hard drive space (typically %4) is set aside to store said restore points, with the oldest restore points being overwritten if the allocated space has been used up. Restore point creation is triggered whenever updates or unsigned drivers are installed, as well as some applications. Otherwise it will create a restore point every 24 hours, or failing that the next time the computer is turned on.

Again, what you say..... it doesn't make sense.
just do a system restore or do a Last Known Good Configuration Press F8 when booting up.

Or Windows Vista comes with Startup tools which will repair/restore system files *some computers have this

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff