Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
I have tried:

- The Using a pin to do the manual open on the tray, it just buzzes for a second and doesn't open.
- Went to My Computer, and clicked to Eject, it does the same thing, but longer, Buzzes, and just kicks the can with it.
- Pushing the regular button too, just makes it hum. The green light is on while it hums, then just stops.
use the pin when it's not on.

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Brenivin

But in this case, won't I have to keep doing it everytime I want to use it? (If this works)

Sparkly Lunatic

Minak0
Brenivin

But in this case, won't I have to keep doing it everytime I want to use it? (If this works)

Possibly, or we can check for a deeper problem

Just try to see if it will open, just to make sure it's not jammed or something.

And doing it potentially could force the locking mechanism to free up, making it work again...

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
trezoid
Minak0
Brenivin

Possibly, or we can check for a deeper problem

Just try to see if it will open, just to make sure it's not jammed or something.

And doing it potentially could force the locking mechanism to free up, making it work again...

Well, I can tell you before even attempting this, that it has had this issue for a while. Before it used to open after hitting the button like 20 times, now, it just don't at all. I will give it a shot later when I can, because I am scanning something, and cannot abort right now.

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Okay, before getting off my computer, I gave it a shot. While restarting and my computer booting up, the disc tray still did not come out. Button pushing, or the little hole eject, neither worked.
Is your drive reading the disc at all? If it is not, the power cable could be loose. Open up your case and make sure that your drive is securely connected to your power source.

Edit: Just read the OP again. Didn't notice the last part. But as stated earlier, try opening it while the com is not on.
Minak0
Okay, before getting off my computer, I gave it a shot. While restarting and my computer booting up, the disc tray still did not come out. Button pushing, or the little hole eject, neither worked.

on some models the pin hole is a one time use, and makes the drive more or less useless.

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Joda01
Minak0

on some models the pin hole is a one time use, and makes the drive more or less useless.

The hell? Why would they make it a one time use? That just about defeats its purpose.
Minak0
Joda01
Minak0

The hell? Why would they make it a one time use? That just about defeats its purpose.
Not really cause it could only be used to get your disc out. Sometimes data is more important than hardware neutral
Minak0
Joda01
Minak0

not really, in some models, it actually lifts the drive out of the mechanism that moves the drive back/forth.
A lot of people seem to stack books and stuff on their computer case. Are you one of those people? surprised

700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Sounds Jammed, or a slim chance something stripped or wore out. you can get a new drive for like $15 these days. razz not sure how to open one up without breaking it... I have so many laying around and yet I hardly use mine.

Elder

Minak0
Joda01
Minak0

The pin trick works when the computer is completely off. You have to shut it down completely, not just do it while its restarting.
Trying to do it while the computer is on risks damaging the drive more.

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Back on my computer for now. Just out of the blue, I was playing with the button in hopes it would open, and it did.....however, it still likes to do that stuck thing, so I don't know what this says about it. I got it to re-open about 5 times now, but still has trouble.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff