Welcome to Gaia! ::

Scurvy Pirate

Uncle Kenny
The rolls are in..........

After much deliberation and countless hours of tallying and intense discussions among the whole staff team......

We have decided that.....

The winner of the awesome, fabulous, most amazing Modmas dice rolling prize is.......

*drum roll*

ShatteredAngel08!

Congratulations! You rolled again and again and even though you never got spot on the mark you came the closest out of everybody else so you get the prize biggrin

For everyone else who tried, thank you sooo much for taking part in this and helping make it an awesome experience for everyone involved. We really do appreciate it and hope you will be back if/WHEN we do this next Christmas heart

I'll be giving out smaller prizes to the other 9 users who came closest, to make it an even 10 and I'll also be giving prizes to those of you who have kept posting and kept this place alive so be on the look out for one more awesome gift to show up in your inventory.

Once again, thank you all for helping us make this happen and I hope we see you again next year pirate

PLEASE Make sure you read the rules of this forum BEFORE you post in this thread.
~ DO NOT quote this post
~ DO NOT spam or bump mindlessly

we don't want to have to warn you for breaking the rules but hey, we're mods
Please help us by reporting spam and inappropriate posts when you come across them.

_ FOR DICE OR POST REQUIREMENT CONTESTS PLEASE CONTACT THE HOST IF YOU WIN_

User Image

Well dear users it's that time of year again. The leaves are gone, the weather's changing, and shoppers are scrambling to snap up as many $5 off deals as they can find. After all, what's more fun than giving someone the one thing they've always wanted? We on the Mod team are full of holiday cheer and we're determined to spread it to you. So welcome to the end all, be all of holiday fun, appropriately named Modmas 2009.

What is Modmas you ask? It's only the greatest, most awesome, most extravagant 25 day showing of Mod generosity ever! We have hundreds of items and thousands of gold just waiting to find a good home with you. We also have several of our lovely Moderators ready and willing to create beautiful works of art, judge your avatars, and even take a peek at those profiles of yours. So step right up and welcome in the holidays with us. Who knows what could happen during this time of joy and merriment.

As an extra treat, one of our brilliant minded Moderators has come up with a Gaianized rendition of "The Night Before Christmas" so without further ado, enjoy.

Quote:
T'was the night before modmas and there was nary a poll,
Not a user was stirring, not even a troll.
Developers asleep at their computers went,
Working long nights on the X-mas event.

The SFers were snuggled all sound in their beds,
While visions of hating it, the event, danced in their heads.
And GDers in their hovel of a forum so dear,
Were also passed out to everyone's cheer.

But amongst the mods there arose such a clatter,
Christmas giving was what was the matter.
So together they worked in a super flash,
They accumulated donations and formed quite a stash.

A haul to outstrip any Exchanger's fame,
To be given away at random or for winning a game.
A festive thread of charity and some freebie arts,
Enough to warm even cold dead EDer hearts.

Mods worked together the new ones and old,
to write up the thread and sum up the load.
Excited and cheery they finalized the thread,
hoping that news of the giveaway would spread.

To the chatterbox they went to spread the good news,
And if they had to, they'd go to GCD and prommie schmooze.
Moderators hoping to foster holiday cheer,
and consequently to squash any lingering mod-fear.

We've gathered together to do this up right,
Merry modmas to all and to all a good night!

And now for what you're here for, the items. We'll be giving away items at random just for the heck of it throughout the span of this but here's a couple things you can shoot for to guarantee an item.

Dice Contest
What - Roll 3 100-sided die. Roll 12 on the first die, 25 on the second, and 09 on the third so you end up with 12-25-09. There will only be one winner, whoever gets this first gets it all.
Prize - March 2005 letter (Kiki Kitty/Roro Puppy), Noel's Gift, and a December 2009 MC
Note - In the event that no one rolls a 12-25-09, the prize will go to the user who rolls closest to it. So, if you roll the numbers out of order, get numbers close to it, or roll something you believe is reasonably close please PM me with a link to your post so I can record the roll to look at once this is over.

Post contest - Winner: Neko Shizumi
What - Get post number 666
Prize - October 2009 MC

Post contest
What - From December 14th to December 25th, get the first post of the day (EST time)
Prize - OMG Box (Oh My Giftbox)

Post contest
What - From December 1st to December 25th, one random post per day
Prize - May 2008 MC

More to come...

Beloved Prophet

8,375 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Popular Thread 100
User ImageMOD HARD ART HARDUser Image

It may come as no surprise to you that we have quite a few talented artists on the mod team. In addition to sweet sweet pixel swag we thought some people might be happy to have their avatar arted, and arted hard, by some moderators (and REAL ACTUAL Paid Gaia artists, no really).

How Do I Get Art?
User Image
The following list is who you might get arts from. The primary requirement for ALL art is that you Post IN THIS THREAD. Please note that each artist has different requirements for receiving art from them, these requirements are found in the "quote" under each artist's name. While the majority of the artists are randomly distributing free art at their whim to whomever catches their eye in the thread, some may reward specific posts on specific pages with artwork. Do not PM me if you do not understand, simply please re-read the proceeding paragraph again more carefully. Thank you.

Death and Candy

Quote:

Freebie sample(z): [x][x][x][x]
Any speshul requirements for getting a freebie from you or is it random?: Random, but non-cluttered avatars only as my art skills are limited. However, I am willing to draw furries! 3nodding

Despoena
Quote:

Freebie sample(z): [X] [X] (Not many more, since I have no tablet to color them and I haven't had much time to do sketches!)
Any speshul requirements for getting a freebie from you or is it random?: Random!

Kaenai
Quote:
Freebie sample(z): Here! or Here!
Any speshul requirements for getting a freebie from you or is it random?:
Mostly the first sample, though, cos I'm a superbusy mom with a day job. sweatdrop
I'll be picking at random (mostly cuteness), and the hurling of art might take some time, cos i'm slow. Might toss in a few CG Chibis or headshots if I'm inspired.

Kamirose
Quote:

Freebie sample(z): http://alamodepixels.deviantart.com
Any speshul requirements for getting a freebie from you or is it random?: Random holiday-themed avi(s) that I like :3
Holiday can mean anything from Xmas theme to Hanukkah to regular winter wear!

Also; I will randomly be posting "first person to quote this will get a free pixel doll." Be sure to be on the lookout when I'm active!

Mashimizu
Quote:

Freebie sample(z): Stuff Like This
Any speshul requirements for getting a freebie from you or is it random?: They will be given out randomly to people who stay around and chat if I like their avatar. I probably won't give out a lot and it will be more towards the end of the month when the Christmas event starts. I'll probably do mostly chibis.

Meriko
Quote:
Freebie sample(z): [x]
Any speshul requirements for getting a freebie from you or is it random?: Chosen at random from whatever catches my eye (probably long-haired female with simple outfit). I will be more apt to draw freebies for persons who I know are hoping for art. Might as well draw for peeps who want art than not, ya? ^^

Freebies handed out thus far: sailornorthstar | Wolf Generation | Celestial_Winters | ~Lady So Divine~ | Yujiiro | Petit Marionette | koneko66

Midorian
Quote:
Freebie sample(z):
Basic example: [x]
Supa Speshul colored example: [x][x][x]
It's all random; if I like the avatar, I will draw it!

MSRT
Quote:

Freebie sample(z): [+] (random styles galore~)
Deviant Art: Dry-Rot @ DA
Any speshul requirements for getting a freebie from you or is it random?: People who stick around and the last person on every 33rd page before page 200. May add more later. (:

Nopenname
Quote:

Freebie sample(z):Like So
Any speshul requirements for getting a freebie from you or is it random?: Random but holiday or winter themed avatars ONLY.

pandilicious
Quote:

Freebie sample(z): x X x X x
Any speshul requirements for getting a freebie from you or is it random?: It's just random. It'll probably be as I like avatars, and they'll most likely all be head (unless I'm just super in love with an avi and want to do the whole thing).

radioactive alchemist
Quote:

Freebie sample(z): [X]
Any speshul requirements for getting a freebie from you or is it random?: first avatar on every 500th page?

tiranaki
Quote:

Freebie sample(z):
[Pencil Sketches] -> [Pencil Headshots]
---------
[Chibis] -> [X] [X] [X]
---------
[CG Headshots] -> [X] [X] [X]
---------
[INK]
[COLORED]
Deviant Art: tiranaki@ DA for the rest of my art. :3
Will randomly pick which type/style depending on mood and such.
Must be an active participant (no post and runs, I will check post history) and have a holiday/season themed avatar (Christmas, Hanukkah, Yule, generic, etc, or the season, winter avis = <3)
Artists like to know our work is appreciated! With that in mind, you must indicate you really want art from me, be it in a post or in your sig. Since the thread is moving too fast currently for me to be able to keep up with it, you may leave me a profile comment. NO PMs PLEASE as I need to keep my inbox clean for mod related things. :3

Flameinexile
Quote:

Freebie sample(z): [X] [x] [X] Modmas example
Art drawn will probably NOT be fullbody, but rather head/torsos. All art does come in colour.
Any speshul requirements for getting a freebie from you or is it random?:Holiday Avatar required. Due to the high-frequency of visitors, I'd like those who want a freebie from me to please COMMENT ME saying so. Each week, depending on the number of entries, I will do a number drawing raffle for those who will receive art, probably 10% of those who enter.

siskataya
Quote:

Freebie samples(z):
Avi Art 1
Avi Art 2

Any speshul requirements for getting a freebie from you or is it random?: Will randomly pick 4 people and make them avatar art similar to that shown in my samples! Please note that I am amazingly busy, so the art might take a few weeks to get to you. XD

Fayren Pickpocket
Quote:

Freebie sample(z): [x] [x] [x]
They will most likely be full avvie sketches. <3

Any speshul requirements for getting a freebie from you or is it random?:I'm going to say... first post on every 100th 10,000th page! Let's make this thread epic.
EDIT: HODANG I UNDERESTIMATED YOU GAIS!!! I had to change it because errrr, there are only so many hours in the day. j w j However, if you got a 100th page post before page 2000 (which is when I noticed this fire and had to put it out), PLEASE PM ME! I will still hold to my word and give you a sketch. SO SORRY. ; __;

IflanaNifi
Quote:

Freebie samples(z):
Zeloface

Any speshul requirements for getting a freebie from you or is it random?: My elaborate style of art is a child like interpretation. It has nothing to do with the fact that I can't draw and only have paint. I will pick at random users who have that childlike holiday joy for my art. <3

Nerpin
Quote:

Freebie samples(z):
Probably sketchier than this.

Any speshul requirements for getting a freebie from you or is it random?: Whenever I feel like drawing, I shall strike from the darkeness. You'll totally never see it coming. (Profile comments would be nice though. My December started off terribly 8(;;.)

AraTeran

Quote:

Freebie sample(z): I have no samples yet but they will be sketches in paint because I have no awesome art skills.
Any speshul requirements for getting a freebie from you or is it random?: Totally random.

Pandilicious's Husbando

Invisible Member

39,410 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Winged 100
User Image

Rules

{x} No pre-made profiles.
    {x} No stealing of any kind.
    {x} NO COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL; this means that you cannot use commercial/non-commercial images/renders in your graphics without explicit permission from the original artists, including but not limited to anime, movie or game images, as well as privately owned images. But Gaia images are ok because Gaia allows people to use their images for stuff within the site.
    {x} You can participate in as many categories as you want, but you can only win one prize.
    {x} PM your entries to Saeline.
    {x} Eli and Sae rule. Yes, I went there. <.<

Categories

{x} Best Overall Holiday Themed
      ___All profile entries will be eligible for the overall contest. The overall contest will have a first, second, and third prize.

___» 1st prize: Thank You Letter For September 2005
        ___» 2nd prize: Thank You Letter For June 2009
        ___» 3rd prize: Thank You Letter For May 2009

{x} Best Gaia Holiday Themed
      ___The holidays are great, but we want to see something that's holiday AND Gaia related!

___» Prize: Thank You Letter For October 2006 + 20k gold

{x} Best Sharable Layout
      ___The holidays are about giving and receiving. So we want you to give back while you're receiving prizes. Create a layout that we can share with all our visitors who'd like to get in the holiday spirit!

___» Prize: Thank You Letter For October 2006 + 20k gold

To make things fun and fair for everyone, we'll be selecting winners for the above categories for EACH profile system. That means there will be an overall first place winner for old school themes, and a different overall first place winner for v2 themes, and so on!

DEADLINE
All entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM PST, December 20th.

Judging

Judging will take place from December 21st, and winners will be announced on December 23rd.

Entry Form

Fill out the form below, and PM your entries to Saeline with the subject title "Modmas Profile Contest". Please note that we want to see a link to your entry. That means you either need to use a mule, or leave the layout on your main account until judging has taken place.

[b]Username[/b]:
[b]Link to Entry[/b]:
[b]Is this Sharable?[/b]
Quiz Time!

*THE QUIZ HAS NOW TAKEN PLACE! THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR PARTICIPATING!*

There will be 20 questions!

This means there will be a total of 20 prizes!

The prizes will be going out from the Event mule account, not from me, so you may have to wait a few hours after the quiz before receiving your prize.

I will be hosting the quiz live in the thread. It will be a case of "first correct answer wins".

To make things fair for everyone, once you have answered one question correctly, please refrain from answering the next question (aka, take a one question break). Otherwise we could end up with one person winning 20 prizes and lots of complaints.

HERE IS A LIST OF THE QUESTIONS, THE ANSWERS, THE WINNERS AND THE PAGE NUMBER THEY WON ON!

1. How much does the Elegant White Satin Vest cost?
- 38600 gold.

Winner: AzN Half-Castillios on page 7696.
2. What year was the famous battle of Thermopylae which involved 300 Spartans and the Persian army?
- 480 BC.

Winner: jasmintee on page 7696.

3. What three teams do England share Group C with in the 2010 Football (soccer) World Cup?
- USA, Algeria and Slovenia.

Winner: icydrop on page 7697.

4. In Guy Ritchie's latest movie, Robert Downey Jr is starring as the detective Sherlock Holmes. Who is playing Dr Watson?
- Jude Law.

Winner: Azure Snows on page 7698.

5. Who wrote the American novel "Little Women"?
- Louisa May Alcott.

Winner: jasmintee on page 7700.

6. How many nights does the Jewish festival "Hanukkah" last for?
- Eight.

Winner: AzN Half-Castillios on page 7701.

7. Which film won the Oscar for Best Picture in 2000?
- Gladiator

Winner: Azure Snows on page 7706.

8. What three colours make the French flag?
- Blue, white and red.

Winner: jasmintee on page 7708.

9. In what year was American poet Emily Dickinson born?

Winner: AzN Half-Castillios on page 7712 (several users say Lucifer cheated).

10. In 1979 what did the African country of Rhodesia change it's name to?
- Zimbabwe.

Winner: ~Sweet_ Fire_Tears~ on page 7717

11. What colour shirts do the players of Queens Park Rangers football club play in?
- Blue and white.

Winner: djLunazul on page 7720.

12. What is the capital city of Thailand?
- Bangkok.

Winner: AzN Half-Castillios on page 7722.

13. What colour are Granny Smith apples?
- Green/light green.

Winner: djLunazul on page 7725.

14. What album did the band Metallica release in 2008?
- Death Magnetic.

Winner: AzN Half-Castillios on page 7728.

15. Which actor will be replacing David Tennant as "The Doctor" in 2010?
- Matt Smith.

Winner: icydrop on page 7731.

16. In the Harry Potter series, what phrase does one have to say in order to make the Marauder's Map work?
- I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Winner: AzN Half-Castillios on page 7733.

17. Name the four Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello and Michaelangelo.

Winner: icydrop on page 7736.

18. How many times did Aeschylus win the drama contest that was part of the City Dionysia festival?
- Thirteen times (from what the ancient sources tell us).

Winner: Dustin4Ever on page 7739.

19. Who painted the "Mona Lisa"?
- Leonardo Da Vinci.

Winner: AzN Half-Castillios on page 7743.

20. Which character did Johnny Depp play in the movie "Chocolat"?
- Roux.

Winner: djLunazul on page 7744.

Sparkly Phantom

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
RANDOMNESS GIFTING

As we go along chatting I will randomly be giving out gifts. Just make sure you have gifting turned on smile

It is completely and utterly random. Bwha ha ha ha!

Anyone begging me for stuff (PMs, comments or otherwise) will get nothing. Random means RANDOM

Infamous's Wife

Rainbow Hero

SHORT CHRISTMAS STORY CONTEST

hosted by radioactive alchemist

WINNERS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED!

Quick note to winners: I may not be around to complete the trade until next week, so please be patient.

Category Prize Winners:
Funniest Story: Agent Graves
Cutest Story: joyfulmusic
Most Heartwarming Story: miss_meli
Most Depressing Story: batman4815162342
Most Disturbing Story: Chumsicle
Most Awesome Story: Jasper Riddle
Best Gaia-Themed Story: SoulDruidKazeko

Best Letter-Style & Best Historical Fiction: Count Elexy Ravburn (only 1 prize though!)
Small comment on this one: my only beef is with the historical errors; the U.S.S. Charles P. Cecil was first launched in 1945, and the letter is from 1942.

For some reason (even though this was a story contest) I got about 10 poetry entries, so...
Best Poem: The Sad Marionette

And now, what you've all been waiting for...
Main Prize Winners:

First Place: May 2005 letter + Mythrill Halo
WiseWillow
I will be entirely honest here: I absolutely ******** love this story. I knew from the first moment I read it that it was going to be at least one of the top three stories, even though I still had a ton more to read after it. It's original, well-written, and just all-around great. Congratulations!

Second Place: December 2006 letter
Kisume Yue
The story itself isn't exactly my cup of tea, but I can't argue that it's plenty original as well as well-written. The beginning certainly draws you in, and it's got a story that, for its fictional elements, would be right at home in one of those Chicken Soup books.

Third Place: December 2007 letter
Black_Satin
Having spent four years (and two Christmases) in Hawaii and having just gotten back from there in time for Christmas this year after hearing my mom complain about how "it doesn't feel like Christmas with all this tropical sun!" I can definitely relate to this story! I think it's really great that it was based on a real experience and isn't entirely fictional.

Lastly, I'd like to make a few comments. I got a lot of entries, and I assure you, I read every single one of them. However, I was very disappointed in a lot of them. I created this contest with a minimum entry requirement of 500 words, and it seemed like about half or maybe even a third of the entries were around 500-750 words, like people were trying to make the minimum and just stop. This was disappointing to me because there were several of these shorter stories where, if it had been just twice as long (1000 words) it would have been so much better and might have even had a shot at one of the prizes -- but I had to chose a different entry in favor of the amount of story development.

I understand, of course, that having the announcement about this thread generated a lot of "might as well submit something I wrote quick, what have I got to lose?" entries, and I applaud those people who took more than 15 or 20 minutes to turn something out to enter, and went through it an corrected their errors. I was not kidding about grammar and spelling being an important part of the judging contest; if I came across an entry which didn't look like any time had been spent on it, it went in the rejection pile. Remember, I had to trim 141 entries down to just 12, and it was very hard.

I ended up with just seven entries in the finalists pool, so here are the four honorable mentions who didn't quite make it to the top three but still had really great entries:

Wrapt
Belial Moon
Medieval_Mouse11
Ginx Xii
LINKS AND BANNERS

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[url=http://bit.ly/6g0xIm][img]http://i47.tinypic.com/2utnri9.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://bit.ly/6g0xIm][IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2cshv94.gif[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://bit.ly/6g0xIm][img]http://tinyurl.com/ycnh8s3[/img][/url]

[url=http://bit.ly/6g0xIm][img]http://bit.ly/4Kqlxn[/img][/url]

[url=http://bit.ly/6g0xIm][IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/2liuh39.jpg[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://bit.ly/6g0xIm][img]http://i47.tinypic.com/o6hg0n.png[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=http://bit.ly/6g0xIm][IMG]http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll297/Sacred_Banners/Modmas09.png[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://bit.ly/6g0xIm][IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/2zzkv3c.jpg[/IMG][/url]

User Image
[url=http://bit.ly/6g0xIm][img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n279/Dillonman289/mm2.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://bit.ly/6g0xIm][img]http://bit.ly/77XnFA[/img][/url]

[url=http://bit.ly/6g0xIm][IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2ecnmhj.jpg[/IMG][/url]

User Image
[url=http://bit.ly/6g0xIm][img]http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu237/azn_l0s3r/MissedHeartsampleww-1-1-1.gif[/img][/url]

Banners would be loved smile

Beloved Prophet

8,375 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Modmas Carols!
We here at Modmas would like to extend a super-huge thanks to these users for coming up with awesome Modmas Carols on our behalf, so here they are for us all to enjoy!
If you come up with your own Modmas Carol, it could end up here. smile

((Send any direct submissions you'd like to be considered to Flameinexile, as they might get lost in the swiftly accumulating pages.))

Bulma87

Carol of the Mods

Hark how the mods
Sweet giving mods

All seem to say
Give gifts away.

Modmas is here
Bringing good cheer

To young and old
Poor, or with gold.

“Give Gold Give Gold”
This they have told

With joyful thread
All green and red.

One seems to hear
text of good cheer

From everywhere
Spamming the air-

Oh how they spam
Post! Ten pages BAM!

Each of the posts
Thanking the hosts.

Gaily they haste
While people paste

Songs of good cheer
Modmas is here!

Merry, merry, merry, merry Modmas~
Merry, merry, merry, merry Modmas~
On on they send
On without end

Their awesome stocks
To random socks

Ding dong ding dong

Chrystle
'Its beginning to look a lot like Modmas! Every thread you go~
Take a look at the forums then, try to read them again~
They're goin fast and there's no chance they'll sloooowwww~

Its beginning to look a lot like Modmas! Contests and games galore!~
But the best thing you'll read, Is avi art for free!!
And a dice roll that scores!~

A thread event and good intent, are what the mods were for.
Lots of fun spam and good cheer to be had are what we're here for~
And all the Gaian's just can't wait
And all the Gaian's just can't wait
for this thread to slowwwww~!'

'Its beginning to look a lot like Modmas! Every thread you go~
Take a look at the forums then, try to read them again~
They're goin fast and there's no chance they'll sloooowwww~'

anakinns

Ze Modmas!!

Oh, what do we have here, Uncle Kenny?
Child, these are some ways to earn your Gaia money. biggrin
I and the Mods have made the Modmas!
Giving away our goodies for the holy Christmas!
Nopenname is the art in-charge,
She’s famous for giving goodies extra large!
Mcm is going to judge your avatar,
Angelic, demonic or tech-savvy!
Elindranyth is the critic for you profiles,
Maybe you could impress her with your smiles. wink
AkibeJosephus will host a quiz soon,
Don’t forget- the Saturday noon,
Sweet n Leo (is my personal sweetheart),
He’s going to do the random gifting part.
Radioactive Alchemist is there to listen to your stories,
Rattle on to him about your Christmas glories,
Elda kun and casrial-people looking so pretty,
Are also in the Modmas committee.
Merumiharu is the grab-that-booty head.
Break the high score before going to bed!
And then there are so many more mods in line…
Melian, tiranaki, MSRT, IflanaNifi, pandilicious, Saeline..
And many, many, many more – ready to bestow.
Giving us a chance to be amongst them and know
That they’re the ones we fret about,
And they are the ones who help us through-out.
They are the ones, who make our smiles crack,
When we are in panic-“Mod! My account is hacked!!”
They are our friends, they are our Gods,
A big thank you to them – Our lovely Mods- they deserve an applaud!

Goth Gaara-Hime
What Mod Is This...

What mod is this?
Who brings us gifts,
This merry Modmas season.

To bring good cheer,
To all this year,
For no apparent reason.

This, this, is a Modmas thing.
Whom Gaians rich and poor do sing.
Come, come, to bring them laud,
Our mods for whom we all applaud.

So give a shout,
and let it out.
Hooray for random kindness!

And thank the mods,
Our Gaia gods.
Who's deeds are ever timeless.

This, this, is a Modmas thing,
Whom Gaians rich and poor do sing.
Come, come, to bring them laud,
Our mods for whom we all applaud.

eliseren
You know facebook and youtube and myspace and google,
twitter and ebay and yahoo are cool,
but do you recall -
The most awesome website of all?

Gaia online is awesome,
the mods are very very sweet,
They decided to create us "Modmas"
and gift us with some super cool treats!

All of the other users
are grateful beyond compare
and wonder how this holiday gift
came to be on Gaia this year!

Well, one post-Thanksgiving day,
The mods got together to say,
What would make the season bright?
Whoa- how about a thread on the charity site!

Avi art and contests galore,
Gold in untold amounts,
but even if it was just a thread,
it's their thoughtfulness that counts!

xXiPhailXx

On the twelfth day of Modmas
a moderator sent to me:
Twelve Guild Invites
Eleven Subscribed Threads
Ten Clothing Shops
Nine PM's
Eight Profile Comments
Seven Kiki Kitties
Six Daily Chances
Five Thousand Gold
Four Random Gifts
Three Friend Requests
Two Fan Arts
and A Thank-You Letter for September 09

See the full version here.

innate regression
Jingle Mods

Dashing through the pulse,
I see a giant thread
'Oer the pulse I go
Scanning all the way!
It's all the Mods I see
That make my spirit sigh
'O what fun it is to see
All these mods tonight!

Oh...

Jingle Mods, Jingle Mods
Prizes everywhere!
'O what fun it is to see
a forum full of prize Hey!

1LitreofTears_Sakura
Have yourself a Merry Little Modmas
Contests and art galore
Let us all join together underneath one big thread

Have yourself a Merry Little Modmas
Let the dices roll
As the pages go on and on every second

Booty grab for us to grab
And stories of old for us to tell
Generous mods offer their kindness
To those that gather

Through the month we'll all will be together
As we wait for the Xmas event
Let's all thank the mods for this great charity
And have yourself a Merry Little Modmas now

jinx1996
Spammers roasting on the open fire
Kiki the kitty nipping at your nose
Mod mas carols being sung by devoted fans
And gaians dressed up like god only knows
Everybody knows some free art and gold
Help to make the season bright
Newbies with their eyes all a glow
Find it hard to not beg
They know the mods are on their way
They've loaded lots of gold and cash items on their sleigh
And every single nerd
Is gonna herd to see if new manga is released
And so I'm offering this simple phrase
To gaians old and gaians new
So it's been posted many times many ways
Merry Modmas to you

Star_Raven, assisted by Choral Soprano and Ecire

On the first day of Christmas, true love gave to meee..
a Pudgie in a pear tree!
two Watermeats,
three dumb Dodo Birds,
four cackling Grackles,
five Thousand Gold,
six Gwee a laying,
seven Oridae a swimming,
eight Rancher Bills a milking,
nine Sashas dancing,
ten Liams a leaping,
eleven Peyos piping,
twelve Nartian Rocks a drumming.
See the full version here.

dragon rider michaleon
(From Rudolf the red-nosed reindeer)

Lanzer the epic creator...
made a very awesome site!
And it you've ever saw it...
You would hook in like a light!

All of the other websites...
They all pale in compare!
Gaia online is awesome!
Handled with love and care...

then, one cold december day...
The mods came to say:
Let's make a random giving thread...
With lots of fun and games in trend!

Then how the gaians came!
Rolling dice in a huge storm!
Thousands of pages formed...
A historical thread was formed!

alana aie
From the original carol "God rest ye merry gentelman" Comes my version:
"Mod rest ye merry gaianmen"

MOD rest you merry, Gaianmen,
Let nothing you dismay,
Remember Mods our Savior
Was born on Modmas day,
To save us all from Noob's pow'r
When we were gone astray;

O tidings of items and gold,
items and gold,
O tidings of items and gold.

From Mod our heavenly Father
A blessed admin came.
And unto certain Gaians
Brought tidings of the same,
How that in Gaia was born
The Son of Mod by name:

Items and gold,

"Fear not," then said the admin,
"Let nothing you affright,
This day is born a Moderator,
Of virtue, power, and might;
So frequently to vanquish all
The friends of Noobs quite";

items and gold,

Grand Theft Autumn

My Grown Up Modmas List

Do you remember me?
I posted just last week,
I wrote to you
With Angelic Halo fantasies...

Well, I'm all grown up now.
Olbies still need help somehow,
I'm not a noob,
But my heart still can dream...

So here's my Gaian wish,
My grown up Modmas list.
Not for myself,
But for a site in need...

No more trolls in the Gee Dee,
That oldbies never leave..
And no more scamming me...
And all Gaians would have a friend,
The dice contest I would win,
And spam would finally end...

Oh, this is my grown up Modmas list.

As noobies we believed,
The grandest sight to see..
Was a pink gift box
Or even a pink link...

But heaven only knows,
that packages and bows,
Can never heal
A hurting Gaian soul....

What is this illusion of trying to get gold?
Waiting for quest donations is finally getting old....

7dancer10
All Right you Gaians, are you ready to sing your song?
I’ll say
Yeah!
Let’s sing now!
Okay Ian?
ok!
Okay Gino?
Ok
Ok Liam? Liam? LIAM?!
*Flexes* OK!
Modmas Modmas time is near
Time for Contests, Posts, and Cheer!
We’ve been good but we can’t last
Hurry Modmas Hurry fast
Want EIs Mcs galore
Me I want avi art and more!
We can hardly stand the wait
Please Modmas don’t be late
Okay fellas get ready
That was very good Ian
Naturally
Very good Gino
*Blushes and looks away*
Ah, Liam you were a little flat, watch it
Ah Liam Liam LIAM!!
OK! (jeez)
Want EIs MCs for me
I still want my dream avi!
Please Modmas don’t be late
Please modmas don’t be late
Very good boys
Let’s sing it again! Yeah Let’s sing it again!
No that’s enough, let’s not overdo it
Waddya Mean overdo it?
We wanna sing it again!
Now wait a minute boys
Why can’t we sing it Again?!
-*Rufus Joins in* I wanna sing I wanna sing!!
Rufus cut that out. Gino just a minute.
Liam will you STOP flexing?! Boys……

wolfmouser & Sortir dun larme
(jingle bells song)

Dashing through the Tanks,
with one thought on my mind!
Grabbn all the booty
and prizes I can find!

You may think Im strange,
because of how Im dressed.
But you would be stange too,
If you were in this contests!

Chorus!

Oh! Click that mouse, click that mouse
on the Modma's thread.
You wont be bored this season
due to all the fun contests!

Click that mouse, Click that mouse
on the glowing tanks!
Oh what fun it is to grab
All the B-o-o-t-y, THANKS!

2nd verse

Waiting just to hear
to see if I have won!
So I can dress my Avi
and have more Christmas Fun!

Artwork here on Gaia
is very nice indeed.
I love all the evolving themes
and what monthly letters bring.
Hey!

7,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Contests and Giveaways Time
By your very own Gaia Admins and Staff heart

If you have any questions, please make sure to contact the Admin or Staff member who holds the contest. NOT Wolfie. Thanks!

eaTaiaG [Profile]
Quote:
500,000 Gaia Gold Giveaway!

I'll give away a total of 500,000 Gaia Gold from own my personal stash to users who reply with great (real) stories of their most memorable/fun/juicy moment on Gaia. Each person chosen will get at least 25k gold (more gold for the best stories) and stories may be subject to verification in order to be eligible.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Must reply with the story here, then email the reply-specific URL to membertalk at gaiaonline dot com with "Modmas Gaia story" in the Subject line. Click on the little yellow icon next to the date of your reply to get the reply-specific URL shown in the browser’s URL area, then send that in to us.

Happy Holidays! (we can start saying that, now that it's Dec, right???) blaugh

Update: More than 100k gold has been given away so far, and there's more left for the best stories! This is easy -- send them in!
Update #2: I've given away around 175k gold so far, so there's more than 300k left just burning my pocket! Send me some funny stories following the directions above -- it's easy!

Biglanky14 [Profile]
Quote:
Well, I'm not as rich as eaTaiaG, and I sure am not going to use one of those phony gold generators to try to get more (keep an eye out for another Safety Video covering this topic soon!!). But I will donate chunks of gold, up to 100,000 to members who have cool avatars, as judged solely by me. Sending me cookies gives you an advantage, too.

SimplySimone [Profile]
Quote:
User ImageAvi Art Contest! Draw my avatar send it to me via PM. Mini prizes for participation and a grand prize for my favorite art: December 2008 Sealed Letter, 2 RIGs, and 50,000 gold! Please base your art on the avi shown here. Thanks! smile

UPDATE: Contest Deadline - Sunday, December 20th 11:59pm PST

omgwill [Profile]
Quote:
I'm even poorer, but will check the office couches for change and donate up to 45,000 to random folks who comment on this thread smile

Wolfie [Profile]

Quote:
First post on page 1224 (for Dec 24!) will receive the following:

• Headshot Avi art, see samples [x] [x] [x]
  • 1 x October 2008 letter
  • 1 x Pink Magical Giftbox

Please PM me (Wolfie) the URL of your post or the page if you win!

I will also pick out a random avatar that I like and send them avi art! heart

Winner: stylez_d196-

Special prize: Frenzy Clinic (for just missing by a few posts on same thread and attempting to get the prize)

siskataya [Profile]

Sisky's Very Naruto Christmas - Special Prize Pack Giveaway!

Quote:

Ok, my love of Naruto is well known, and what better time than the holidays to share that love with other fans! By Christmas day (Dec 25t), post in this Modmas thread and a response to my latest journal entry, with your avatar decked out in your best Naruto avatar cosplay and tell me why you like Naruto (or any other character from Naruto) and why you like the holidays, and you could be the lucky winner of the following item prize pack:

1) Steel-plated Ninja Headband
2) Orinkage
3) Orinkage Hurricane!
4) Oculus Magica
4) Naruto Kunai
5) Ubi Ramen
6) Dark Star
7) 250,000 gold

Approximate Prize Value (Current Market Prices): 7,160,000 gold

Rules:
I will randomly pick one winner based on entrants' outfits. This will be a subjective selection based on likeness of character, use of items, etc. While only 1 person will win this prize pack, I might give items to excellent runner up avatars, so you never know!

Good luck to all and Happy Holiday no Jutsu!

- siskataya

Jay Tronic [Profile]

Quote:
All I want for Christmas is you..and some MC's and RIGS!

Donating away..

Qty. 4 April 2009 TY Letters
Qty. 2 July 2009 TY Letters
Qty. 5 Midsummer Swirls

How to get these items you ask?

I'm giving a few MC's and RIG's away for the people with the best festive Christmas outfits. You don't necessarily need to have the most expensive items to win. Style and uniqueness and just holiday spirit is what I'm looking for.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

JakBauer [Profile]

Quote:

As you can tell from my name, I like television. Action TV, Movies, Sci-fi and Fantasy rolleyes

And since I've only been here about a year, here is what I will donate:

Best Action TV character cosplay: 1 each Oct - Dec 2008 TY Letters
*MICAH_KYLE - Batman

Best Movie character cosplay: 1 each Jan - Mar 2009 TY Letters
*Holmesian_Deduction - Sherlock Holmes - as a team with *Mermaider
*Mermaider - Dr. Watson - Sherlock Holmes - as a team with Holmesian_Deduction
(they are sharing the prize)

Best Sci-Fi Movie/TV cosplay: 1 each April - Jun 2009 TY Letters
*plumadelsol - Magenta and Riff-Raff - Rocky Horror

Best Fantasy Movie/TV cosplay: 1 each Jul - Sept 2009 TY Letters
*forever_violence - Thor - Avengers

And as a bonus this will apply to any of the above:
Crossover Character cosplay (a character that has appeared in more than one category): 1 each Oct - Dec 2009 TY Letters
*Holmesian_Deduction - Sherlock Holmes - as a team with *Mermaider
*Mermaider - Dr. Watson - Sherlock Holmes - as a team with Holmesian_Deduction
(they are sharing the prize)

Remember, this is a Cosplay, so make sure that you post in costume. Tektek'd entries will not qualify!

Make sure to post what category you are going for, the character and where it's from to qualify!

Because the thread is moving so fast, please pm me with a link to the post showing your avatar.

Judging ends Dec 24th! Happy Holidays!

Kuzuan [Profile]

Quote:

User Image

zOMG! "Find the Typo!" Contest

The Mission: Find spelling errors or grammatical mistakes that currently exist in zOMG! and win!

The Rules:
• I am unable to count any errors that are present in the Change Notes.
• Contest ends on December 18th at 6:00 PM Pacific Standard Time.

How to Participate: Copy the error that you find (or better yet, take a screenshot of it) and send me a PM User Image describing the error and where you found it! Each unique error is eligible for only one prize that will be given to the first person who submits that error.

The Prizes: Each spelling error or clear grammatical mistake you submit will net you up to User Image3,000 Gaia gold!

Pirula [Profile]

Quote:

-:- Share Your Holiday Wishes -:-

People who post the best holiday wishes get my gifts. Wishes can be holiday-related or general, for yourself or for others, funny, touching, big, small, deep, shallow -- anything!! Share your holiday wishes here & post as many wishes as you like! Prizes will be given out on the 25th smile

grand prize: fallen wish
first prize: starbabies
second prize: golden sparkles
third prize: star suit
fourth prize: lucky star

aiagreat [Profile]

Quote:
I'm happy to give away 100,000 gold to a
subjectively chosen entrant, where entry is a succinct description of
your favourite 8 or 16 bit (genesis, snes, saturn, gameboy,
atari, that kind of thing) video game.

Please post in the thread and PM aiagreat with your entries!

UPDATE: Thanks for many wonderful entries. I have learned a lot about games I knew and didn't know about, and have heard how much video games have been part of other people's lives. Lady_Mao subjectively wins with a game I also didn't know about. "Now some odd years later a wonderful, wonderful game for genesis came out, it was called Toejam and Earl, I loved that game SO much as a child. All I truly remember of that game is the fact that it seems so random, There was a woman with her child in a shopping cart who would try to run you down, a choir that would be running around and, there was a lemonade stand that I think would give you health. Honestly I don't even know what the point of that game was, but it was so epic it didn't matter."

wesden [Profile]
Quote:

AVI CONTEST - FURRY CREATURES!

Hi there. I love animals, especially kitties. And in that theme, I'll be hosting an item giveaway for Christmas/Kwanzaa/Winter Solstice/Hanukkah. Its easy to play, and the prize will be an AI - THE LUCKY CAT

HOW TO ENTER
  • create an avi that is representative of animals - can either be themed (plushies of a certain species, or dress up as an actual animal).
  • submit to avi arenas
  • TAG YOUR ENTRY with the word "LUCKY"
  • reply to this thread with your entry, as well. Entries must be posted in both places to be considered.
  • Contest is open now and will have 2 prizes - I will choose a winner and they will receive Ai - the Lucky Cat. The entry with the most votes will also receive 20,000G from my stash (so get your friends to vote!). Contest runs until midnight, December 25 PST. If there is a tie for most votes, earliest submission wins smile

IRL Cat

14,075 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Tis the Season for Grabbing Booty!

AND IT IS OVER. CONGRATS TO THE WINNERS. I AM SENDING OUT THE PRIZES NOW THANK YOU ALL FOR PARTICIPATING.

It should go without saying but no more PMs plz gonk

What is Modmas without a little booty grabbing? I bring you not 1, not 2, not even 3, but 9 Mod tanks worthy of your taps and grabs! Not only do you get gold from the grabbing we have a series of prizes for those that catch the biggest booty on each tank.

How its gonna work
There will be links to all the tanks participating as well as the prize for that tank. Simply send me, Merumiharu, a PM with a screenshot of the results of your bootygrab. If you didn't beat the current high score for that tank you don't need to send in a PM, just try again.

Come Dec 24th I will hand out the prizes to those who are listed as the high score. Good luck!

If you are in these threads when the mod is glowing go ahead and give them a bump as well. <3

If you don't see your name and score up here it means someone had a higher score, scores might take a while to be added. Also, if your name and score is up here make sure you don't remove the image from your photobucket or imageshack as I am direct linking.

Merumiharu
Tank My tank can be found below this post or at this link: TANK
Prize: User Image Aquarium Mini Monsters Kokeshi Collectible
Current High Score
Teddy P Bear 5546/1387

Shaun Holder
Tank: TANK
PrizeUser Image Aquarium Mini Monsters Labtech
Current High Score
Teddy P Bear 4909/1227

icetears
Prize: User Image Aquarium Piranha
Current High Score
Lord Dagon 3346/837

Reichiru Tomoe
Prize: User Image Aquarium Jellyfish
Current High Score
Teddy P Bear 5068/1267

Aiko Afriel
Prize: User Image Aquarium Kiki Catfish
Current High Score
Saturn II 1680/420

Goosies Moosies
Prize: User Image Aquarium Coco Catfish
Current High Score
Saturn II 3641/910

Saeline
Prize: User Image Aquarium Seaslug
Current High Score
Saturn II 4107/1027

IflanaNifi
Prize: User Image Aquarium Seaflower Yellow
Current High Score
Teddy P Bear 3384/846

Zero Omega
Prize: User Image Aquarium Knight Fish
Current High Score
Teddy P Bear 2921/730

tiranaki
Prize:
User Image 75,000 gold
Current High Score Teddy P Bear 2635/659

Sweet n Leo
Prize: User Image Aquarium Dolphin
Current High Score
Teddy P Bear 3154/789

Sir Shay
Prize: User Image Animal Quackers x2
Current High Score:
Starlight Angel015 2145/536

Fashionable Hoarder

User Image
WELCOME TO MODMAS '09!
In this post you will find two things. The first is an expansion on my section in the Modmas Art Giveaway. The second is a Gaia Fishing! Holiday contest hosted by the awesome little lizard
Read on for more!

User Image

This section contains a list of people that would like art from me from the MOD HARD ART HARD MOD ART DUMP EVENT being hosted by the lovely Nopennname. :3
UPDATE, PLEASE READ: I have begun to draw some avatars, but I am come down with a fairly bad cold so my time online will be limited to mod related stuff and/or things that require special attention. I will try to update the list, I have not forgotten ^_^ As for the art itself, it may or may not be reaching people before Christmas or New Year, I will try to do what I can but the cold is preventing me from doing much, unfortunately. Thanks for understanding and I hope everyone has a happy holiday and safe Christmas/new years/whatever else you may celebrate, season!

User Image

When I sell art, these pieces are generally worth around 25k for the chibis to 50-100k for the sketches and CG material. But I'm giving them all away to you, FOR FREE! One time only, for this event, because sometimes there is no better gift than receiving free art ^_^
Quote:

Freebie sample(z):
[Pencil Sketches] -> [Pencil Headshots]
---------
[Chibis] ->
[X] [X] [X]
---------
[CG Headshots] ->
[X] [X] [X]
---------
[INK]
[COLORED]
Will randomly pick which type/style depending on mood and such.

Deviant Art: tiranaki@ DA for the rest of my art. :3

Must be an active participant (no post and runs, I will check post history) and have a holiday/season themed avatar (Christmas, Hanukkah, Yule, generic, etc, or the season, winter avis = <3)
Artists like to know our work is appreciated! With that in mind, you must indicate you really want art from me, be it in a post or in your sig. Since the thread is moving too fast currently for me to be able to keep up with it, you may leave me a profile comment. NO PMs PLEASE as I need to keep my inbox clean for mod related things. :3

I will pick people to draw randomly from this list. Remember that you must have a holiday or season themed avatar!
THE LIST
Last Updated: Dec.7.2009 @ 02:38 AM ATL (-4GMT)

• impa17
  • Lillisquir
  • NatziSweetzi
  • 120Angel021
  • lizmuttmom
  • meow-meow-kitty99
  • Miss Marthy Ducky
  • Elven Queen of Lore
  • Princesa Crystal Azure
  • Crystalemum2
  • followyourdreams123
  • Tec101
  • Casta
  • Regular Insanity
  • Dark Lord Hayate
  • babyblueayumi
  • OG LoLo
  • DuoChrome
  • i killed bambie
  • hegei
  • fathme
  • soupeh
  • Maeriana
  • Petit Marionette
  • Famous Zombie
  • -my-forgotten-rose-
  • innate regression
  • O Namy PO
  • pam_rdz_garcia
  • Bulma87
  • baby_kitty_258
  • Vether
  • -l- Iceeh Dream -l-
  • sukimika-chan
  • Integrand
  • jeryy0012
  • Bi-Polar Bair
  • --D3R-M3TZGERM3IS7ER--
  • melpy
  • Saekoi
  • Quiet Lady
  • Ginx Xii
  • Star_Suicide
  • Techno Attack
  • Bloody_Mary
  • blessing Leya
  • Your Name Could Be Here!

If you want to get on the list, just leave me a profile comment saying you'd like art from me! Don't forget, themed avatar!

--------------------------------------------------------

Want art from other mod artists but the thread is moving too fast? These lovely folk have made a thread for you to post in just for this purpose! Go post!
User Image

For my fellow mods, there are some lovely users that decided to hold a reverse mod mas and gift US with art! They might even gift art to regular users too! Please give these lovely folk a visit ^_^

User Image

User Image

little lizard
Last chance of entering contests: 11:59:59 pm Dec. 25!
User Image
What? Tell a fishing story!
Rules: boasting and exaggerations allowed and encouraged. Keep within Gaia's Terms of Service.
Categories:
  • Real life fishing
  • Gaia fishing
Note: Please state which category you're entering, unless it's obvious from the context!

Post your fishing story in this thread, and comment on little lizard's profile with a link to your post! No PM's please! Stories will be judged subjectively based on how entertaining it was to read. little lizard will be the judge, and might ask other mods to help out.

Winners!
Gaia fishing: tsukasa LS
Real life fishing: dg3kids and SpazzGodess666

Entries!
Evolu - real life fishing
ChopsRampage - real life fishing
-YourrDelusional- - real life fishing
Ginx Xii - real life fishing
real terminator - real life fishing
lildawni - real life fishing
KogaRavin - real life fishing * 2
KogaRavin - Gaia fishing
KogaRavin - real life fishing
SpazzGodess666 - real life fishing
dg3kids - real life fishing
PhoenixHenkan - real life fishing
AzN Half-Castillios - real life fishing
7dancer10 - real life fishing
Akiko-infinity - real life fishing
Bel of varia - real life fishing
kyoyagirl101 - Gaia fishing
Rikka Shiro - real life fishing

User Image
What? Go fish in Gaia's lakes (there are three: Bass'ken Lake, Port of Gambino and Durem Reclamation Facility). Try to make your catches form an interesting shape or give a general feeling of Christmas-ness. Get a screenshot of your bucket, and post it in the thread along with an explanation of how this is related to Christmas.
Rules: Far-fetched reasoning is allowed and encouraged! Keep within Gaia's Terms of Service.
Categories:
  • Best actually Christmas-y looking bucket
  • Best reason for why your bucket does relate to Christmas (when it really doesn't)
Note: you don't need to state which category you're entering for!

Post your screenshots in this thread, along with an explanation for why your bucket relates to Christmas. Comment on little lizard's profile with a link to your post. No PM's please! Buckets will be judged subjectively based on the overall look of the bucket, as well as how you present your case. little lizard will be the judge, and she might ask other mods to help out.

Winners!
Best actually Christmas-y looking bucket:
KogaRavin

Best reason for the bucket to be Christmas-related:
Xannaphia Sianodel

Entries!
Xannaphia Sianodel
KogaRavin
Auroura-lamia

User Image
Prizes!
50,000 gold per category - you may enter several categories, you may enter several times in each category, you may also win several categories if you're really good!

User Image
my contest is up there so this post is now open!
MORE FILLAR

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces