Welcome to Gaia! ::

Zero Payne
Jooslm Aichikara
you ppl should not be typing paragraphs upon paragraphs complaining about 10 pixels. there are so many more important things to complain about in real life.

get off the internet, and go outside and do something that really matters. complaining about 10 pixels is not accomplishing anything. its like a stupid contest. you win, and youre still stupid...

One simple question, how come you wasted your own time to complain about us complaining?

i didnt waste my time

the site feedback forum shouldnt have a first page littered with cig complaints, when im trying to ask a simple question completely unrelated to the cig banning s**t.

ppl should just move on with their lives
Nainboruto
I never really cared for smoking items, but I don't like the idea of them taking away our ability to buy them for our avatars.

You can still buy the Carol of _____s and Gambino doll.
You can also buy a magical wand and hold it like the long drag.
What am I missing? They removed 3 items, not our ability to be creative.

Little Midas's Prince

IRL Warlock

46,925 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image

The real reason people are whining is NOT because they are having their cigs being soulbound or taken away or whatnot.

They are whining because Gaia is TECHNICALLY censoring us and future users of Gaia.

Also because they are having an item being taken away that causes no harm.

So they ain't 12 year olds. I bet you would complain too if they took away items that made female avatars look like they have camel toes or moose knuckles. it doesnt do harm.

No, actually, I wouldn't b***h and whine all over the forums if gaia decided to soulbind an item I had and stop selling it, nor would I do so if they did that to an item I was questing. I would shrug my shoulders, and say to myself "well that sucks a bit I guess" and MOVE ON.
Jooslm Aichikara
Zero Payne
Jooslm Aichikara
you ppl should not be typing paragraphs upon paragraphs complaining about 10 pixels. there are so many more important things to complain about in real life.

get off the internet, and go outside and do something that really matters. complaining about 10 pixels is not accomplishing anything. its like a stupid contest. you win, and youre still stupid...

One simple question, how come you wasted your own time to complain about us complaining?

i didnt waste my time

the site feedback forum shouldnt have a first page littered with cig complaints, when im trying to ask a simple question completely unrelated to the cig banning s**t.

ppl should just move on with their lives

You came in to a topic obviously about complaints, the name "I, for one, always thought smoking items sucked." Gives a clear signal of complaints, it's a topic ABOUT the cig item more-less, then you come in here, to complain about how we complain.

Also R I P P E R, I agree with you 100%
The Cannibal R I P P E R
User Image

The real reason people are whining is NOT because they are having their cigs being soulbound or taken away or whatnot.

They are whining because Gaia is TECHNICALLY censoring us and future users of Gaia.

Also because they are having an item being taken away that causes no harm.

So they ain't 12 year olds. I bet you would complain too if they took away items that made female avatars look like they have camel toes or moose knuckles. it doesnt do harm.

HOW ARE YOU BEING CENSORED?
You are WEARING an item that is tobacco related and NOT affected by the store removal of 3 items. And even if for whatever reason Gaia DID remove those poses from the Carol of ____s you can hold a magical wand. You can use the Human's Smoke Bomb to simulate smoke. You can make an avatar edit for you signature.
You can still talk about smoking.
You can name yourself SmokeyTheCancerBear if you really want!
Chances are that Gaia had a lawsuit threat. And because (like youtube) they don't understand how the law even works, they just decided to remove them... Even though this is a PG-13 site.

And no, I DO NOT smoke, i've even had an asthma attack before so it would definitely be a stupid thing for me to do. I just believe in peoples freedom to wear pixels that's all.
littlerilsin
I am not actually whining. I am showing the people who monitor these forums that not EVERYONE hates every single thing they do.

My kissass senses are tingling.

Dapper Sex Symbol

Having opinions and expressing your reaction to a company decision is immature now, I suppose.
Lesquid
Having opinions and expressing your reaction to a company decision is immature now, I suppose.

No, but the dozens of people I saw within about 5 threads saying things like "I am going to quit Gaia over this" and "I live close enough to drive to HQ, I am going to go egg them" is pretty immature.
It would have made more sense to CHANGE THE DESCRIPTION, not completely remove the items from the Shop.

Dapper Sex Symbol

littlerilsin
Lesquid

No, but the dozens of people I saw within about 5 threads saying things like "I am going to quit Gaia over this" and "I live close enough to drive to HQ, I am going to go egg them" is pretty immature.

Anger is a natural reaction in humans when they feel trapped, mentally or physically. Feeling trapped in a sense of having limited freedom in an are is no different and understandable.

However, yourself posting in a feedback thread, not of feedback but to other users, is not only spam, but inappropriate. At least those you ridicule are posting where they should about justified feelings and reasons; which is what this thread is for.
Actually, this is site feedback.
"I never liked the smoking items"

O.G. Bunny

Bang Wa Cherry
It would have made more sense to CHANGE THE DESCRIPTION, not completely remove the items from the Shop.

Totally agreed. Call them Cancer-Sticks-That'll-Possibly-Kill-You and fill the description of reasons not to go out and start smoking. If anything I think that'd be more proactive than just getting rid of the items, because now the little kids who are supposedly on this site will see a whole bunch of people with pixels of something they can't have, and if they're dumb enough just go and get them irl to fufill that.
I didn't even wear my cig before,I don't care for it and I didn't even spend gold on it. But I can see why people are angry. Especially since no warnings or a reason was given at all for this.

Romantic Raider

I don't get why it's a big deal....
The products didn't look great and it's not like the folk who have em already are losing them.
Didn't think they were in high demand.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces