Welcome to Gaia! ::

Regular

Coming to the site feedback forum after a non-controversial announcement is made and seeing how people that wouldn't have cared feel about it.

Would people have fought for the cig to be instated as an item if it wasn't already?
Captaen
Would people have fought for the cig to be instated as an item if it wasn't already?

I would have.

Regular

Intellimouse
Captaen

I would have.
Why?

Omnipresent Elder

13,875 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
Captaen
Intellimouse
Captaen

I would have.
Why?
Wit beyond measure...

User Image

I adds a little something extra to my avi.
7/10 of my avis have a smoking item included just because they are an accessory that match the colour scheme I've got going.

Holding a pixilated cigarette has never made me want to smoke.
And I mean, the cigarette's been here pretty much since the site started. Why remove it now?

... because Death Eaters do it better.

Regular

Z OMG
Captaen
Intellimouse
Captaen

I would have.
Why?
Wit beyond measure...

User Image

7/10 of my avis have a smoking item included just because they are an accessory that match the colour scheme I've got going.

And I mean, the cigarette's been here pretty much since the site started. Why remove it now?

Maybe not you, but I'm sure there has been one kid with low self esteem just sifting through items, reading the descriptions of some of these items. Something triggers in their minds that it might be a good idea, without knowing the full consequences.

The brain has its own language for interpretations, so you might not even know what its thinking.

8,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
There is a difference between refusing to create an item (which would still piss people off) and actively removing items we had before. It's a much more obvious form of censorship, and people have good reason to be pissed off. Especially since there was no warning this would happen.
Captaen
Intellimouse
Captaen

I would have.
Why?

Because, I can confidently say that I find cigarettes attractive and classy.

Regular

[Swift]
There is a difference between refusing to create an item (which would still piss people off) and actively removing items we had before. It's a much more obvious form of censorship, and people have good reason to be pissed off. Especially since there was no warning this would happen.
If people are ACTUALLY pissed off that 3 or 4 items on a website have been removes from the stores (yet you can still equip them), then I just don't know how to respond. That's just lame that they're mad.

And tisk tisk on the people that already own all these items, but still persist on making a big deal about it. They feel a need to fuel some site-wide fire. Gotta love that rebellious attitude of the average underage gaian.
Captaen
Z OMG
Captaen
Intellimouse
Captaen

I would have.
Why?
Wit beyond measure...

User Image

Maybe not you, but I'm sure there has been one kid with low self esteem just sifting through items, reading the descriptions of some of these items. Something triggers in their minds that it might be a good idea, without knowing the full consequences.

The brain has its own language for interpretations, so you might not even know what its thinking.

"A thin cigarette imported from a far away land. They are addictive and bad for your health but make you incredibly sexy."

"A long cigarette holder that is even sexier than a standard cigarette."

"A distinguished pipe, common among the upper class."

*burps*

Tipsy Exhibitionist

Captaen
Z OMG
Captaen
Intellimouse
Captaen

I would have.
Why?
Wit beyond measure...

User Image

Too ******** bad. Gaia is not a babysitter or a parent. It's not their job to avoid "triggering" little ******** who were probably already going to smoke anyway.

I definitely would have fought for a cig item, despite being a non-smoker. I'm against censorship in all forms.

Regular

Mortok
Captaen
Z OMG
Captaen
Intellimouse
Captaen

I would have.
Why?
Wit beyond measure...

User Image

Too ******** bad. Gaia is not a babysitter or a parent. It's not their job to avoid "triggering" little ******** who were probably already going to smoke anyway.

I definitely would have fought for a cig item, despite being a non-smoker. I'm against censorship in all forms.
Well, they're doing it anyway, so.. "too ******** bad".

Virtuous Friend

Captaen
Z OMG
Captaen
Intellimouse
Captaen

I would have.
Why?
Wit beyond measure...

User Image

By that logic, somebody playing Mario will think its a good idea to go around stomping on turtles, just because they see the pixels of Mario doing it.

Unless something is an actual Ad then it has no real influence, its just an item, pixels on a screen and not even that many pixels. Just because something alludes to something else, doesn't mean they're enforcing it.
Mortok

whoa oh my goodness this is an avatar website you don't need to use those words they're just pixels ohhhhh my goodness.

3,450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
NEWSFLASH: Most users on GAIA are NOT kids they are above 18. We are not children and some of us do smoke, and if you did go to any high school there are 14 year olds smoking.

Virtuous Friend

Captaen
Mortok
Captaen
Z OMG
Captaen
Why?
Wit beyond measure...

User Image

Well, they're doing it anyway, so.. "too ******** bad".

How would you feel if they took that Devil Tail away. I see that "as devil worshipping" its Satanism. Its bad an will influence people to do evil things to others. It should be removed "too ******** bad"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff