Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lovely Shayness
lucky453

Exactly, they are just trying to get more people to play by giving them a REASON to, like in this case its that if your side wins then you get a cool new skin.

the winners arent "winning a cool new skin" they're avoiding getting that skin taken away from them.

Which means this whole skin buisness is a PUNISHMENT to the LOSERS. It's nothing for the winners, because they arent gaining or losing anything.

I don't like the fact that Gaia is punishing the losers rather than rewarding the winners.
It's much more bitter environment, in my opinion at least. =/

Gaia gave us all these skins already. We get to play with them, we get to see what outfits, combinations, whatever work for them. And individual can work as hard as they can, and they can still lose that skin.

It's not like getting a box of new clothes and not getting to keep the box. It's more like getting that box of clothes, and gaia taking away YOUR FAVORITE PIECE OF CLOTHING FROM THAT BOX. After you've had a chance to wear it, and find out what accessories go good with it.

It's just no fun when something you really like, and already had a chance to play with gets yanked away from you, even when you personally have done all you can to keep it.
I agree with you here. There is no reason to punish the hundred thousand people who will be on the loosing side just because there could possibly be more 'competition' during the event.
Lovely Shayness
Yamichan2
But at the same time others are going to see the potential loss of a skin as a reason not too. Why bother putting all that time into it if you can't even get all the items. Some people will see it that way and not want to play.

Ive actually told friends to NOT play the event because of this
When I read that in the announcement I was tempted not to bother. I barely have time to come on Gaia for this event to begin with and I don't like that I might not really get to keep the items I put time in to earn. I am sure others feel the same way.
Yamichan2
Lovely Shayness
Yamichan2
But at the same time others are going to see the potential loss of a skin as a reason not too. Why bother putting all that time into it if you can't even get all the items. Some people will see it that way and not want to play.

Ive actually told friends to NOT play the event because of this
When I read that in the announcement I was tempted not to bother. I barely have time to come on Gaia for this event to begin with and I don't like that I might not really get to keep the items I put time in to earn. I am sure others feel the same way.

I almost didnt participate either. I don't honestly know why I did. =/ Because I havent enjoyed myself during this event at all.
I don't care who wins and who loses. I don't plan on using either skin, which brings me to MY gripe about it: they're soulbound. GHEY. If I don't want my skin, I should be able to sell it on the marketplace.

Demonic Tenant

I agree with most people: I wouldn't use either skin and I myself wouldn't mind ending up without a skin. [I love the 2k9 Jack items though.]
However, I think it is a little too late to make such a drastic change for everyone because there have been whiny people.

About the gaia = parent position:
A good parent doesn't reward whining, no. But a good parent doesn't break promises either.
They can't suddenly change their entire attitude versus winners/losers.

Also, if users have been whining about one skin getting taken away think about what would happen if both would get taken away.
…Or how about Gaia just keeps their damn promises this time and does what they SAID they were gonna? Losers lose the skin, winners keep the skin, face the fact that people are gonna b***h no matter what you do.

Giant Chimera

31,250 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Winter Warrior 50
  • GTS Syndrome 500
o__O I would laugh if they did take both skins away.
[XusernameXdeletedX]
…Or how about Gaia just keeps their damn promises this time and does what they SAID they were gonna? Losers lose the skin, winners keep the skin, face the fact that people are gonna b***h no matter what you do.
What about their older promise that they would make all event skins available for everyone? Which one should they keep?

Giant Chimera

31,250 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Winter Warrior 50
  • GTS Syndrome 500
One thing people are lacking to see... It's not a skin skin it's an item not a potion.

Gaia never said they would not make it so someone could not have an item they said skin/potion and as far as I know those two skins are not potions.
Yamichan2
[XusernameXdeletedX]
What about their older promise that they would make all event skins available for everyone? Which one should they keep?
Who said that and when? I don't recall seeing that in any announcement or official forum.

Demonic Tenant

Ah yes, they might make them available with potions again.
That we won't know until after it ends.

It would mean the items now are just binded to you to avoid confusion as to what team you belong to. For the rest of it it wouldn't make sense as to why they would make bound items of them first though.

Giant Chimera

31,250 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Winter Warrior 50
  • GTS Syndrome 500
If they do make them then they will be lookalikes and im fine with that but I still want a furr suit skin. o-o Not just the cats.
[XusernameXdeletedX]
Yamichan2
[XusernameXdeletedX]
Who said that and when? I don't recall seeing that in any announcement or official forum.
I have heard it thrown around before. I am not sure where. I'll have to look for it later as the battery on my laptop is dying.

Hallowed Treasure

12,900 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Survivor 150
Yamichan2
[XusernameXdeletedX]
Yamichan2
[XusernameXdeletedX]
I have heard it thrown around before. I am not sure where. I'll have to look for it later as the battery on my laptop is dying.

In past events we were always allowed to keep our skins, so why should this one be any different?

Demonic Tenant

Runeis
If they do make them then they will be lookalikes and im fine with that but I still want a furr suit skin. o-o Not just the cats.

Don't you suppose you could use the entire bakeneko collection to even pose as something else than a 'neko', with all the colors, different tails and ears already available? It wouldn't be that hard to make a different type of animal with a bit of mixing.
[Unless you're talking about really exotic animals. Like.. Zebras.]

It's just that the entire shop already seems filled with so many fur-goodies.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff