Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vampire

6,950 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Step One. Load the figure and pose her dress her and put texture and hair on her.

User Image

Step two. Loading the background scene. At first she was off center in the camera so i moved to her a more responsible position in the scene.

User Image

Step three. Chose the right lighting for the scene. As you can see each lighting has pre-renders already done so you can see exactly what it will look like rendered before you render it. As you also can see in this preview the image is using default lights in step 2. Now im picked different lights and you can see in the preview the lights changed.

User Image

Step four. These lights will give the scene more of a moody feeling. The lights with a somewhat highlight is what i choose. The lights are the most important part of CG art. It can break or create a wonderful piece of art. It can take a crappy looking scene and make it beautiful or it can make a beautiful scene and make it ugly. Its all in the lights.

User Image

Step five. The render settings are also important. Now my lights i used are special as they dont need max render settings to create the same effect in sort cutting the render time from 6 to 12 hours to under 30 minutes with no lose to detail.

User Image

Step six. Looks like everything is set up properly time to render it. As you can see the render engine is loading the texture block by block to save time. I could have set it to render randomly BUT i wanted to render faster. Ether way would make no different. The render will come out the same.

User Image

Step seven. As you can see it is making the final texture renders of the finish piece.

User Image

Step eight: The finish piece. Now its ready for post work in any graphic editing software. I prefer Photoshop.

User Image
did you make the model of the girl and the house too?

Vampire

6,950 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Latopazora
did you make the model of the girl and the house too?

alot of my art material i payed for ^.^ also notice the time on my clock that shows you how long it took me to make the finish piece
How is this in any way yours if you didn't model any of it?

Vampire

6,950 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Conventioneer 300
ninota
How is this in any way yours if you didn't model any of it?

same thing how is any of those famous people's paintings there if they didn't made the paint for it. My 3d models are just that material the finish piece is mine.
SilverFang Mooncrest
same thing how is any of those famous people's paintings there if they didn't made the paint for it. My 3d models are just that material the finish piece is mine.

Well, no, it's not the same thing at all. See those people actually drew and painted those portraits. Your argument would be valid if you'd just bought the textures, but you bought the whole model. Finished. In this case, all the work was done for you. You're not even shading this yourself, the computer is doing it for you; the only "work" you're doing is, you're clicking buttons.

You're literally doing the equivalent of this:

User Image

You're taking things that were made by somebody else and moving them around. Which is fine, I guess, but it's a bit of a stretch to call it "yours" if you didn't do any of the work. You might as well be doing collage, except you don't really know how to do it well.

My suggestion to you is that you actually learn to make your own 3D models and read up on color and composition before you attempt to write a tutorial. And before you call yourself a 3D artist.

Vampire

6,950 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Conventioneer 300
ninota
SilverFang Mooncrest

Well, no, it's not the same thing at all. See those people actually drew and painted those portraits. Your argument would be valid if you'd just bought the textures, but you bought the whole model. Finished. In this case, all the work was done for you. You're not even shading this yourself, the computer is doing it for you; the only "work" you're doing is, you're clicking buttons.

You're literally doing the equivalent of this:

User Image

You're taking things that were made by somebody else and moving them around. Which is fine, I guess, but it's a bit of a stretch to call it "yours" if you didn't do any of the work. You might as well be doing collage, except you don't really know how to do it well.

My suggestion to you is that you actually learn to make your own 3D models and read up on color and composition before you attempt to write a tutorial. And before you call yourself a 3D artist.

*Sighs* Apparently you haven't done 3d art before. I'm going to be nice ok. I'm not an a**. It doesn't work that way. No mater if i made or bought the models or textures. The program is going to do the rendering itself regardless of how i make the scene. And the program didnt do anything I placed the character in the scene i posed her like that not the program, and i placed each an every object on the scene like that by hand. The program only loads the materal into the scene. Only thing the program does is render everything else was placed there by hand. Please try to understand that.
It's more like going to an art gallery, buying a bunch of paintings and calling them your work.

Because, you know they are yours.

You paid for them.

Plus it was a lot of work hanging them on the wall.

Vampire

6,950 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Arodem
It's more like going to an art gallery, buying a bunch of paintings and calling them your work.

You paid for them.

Sorry the principle is not the same.
SilverFang Mooncrest

*Sighs* Apparently you haven't done 3d art before. I'm going to be nice ok. I'm not an a**.

Apparently YOU haven't done 3d art before.

I have. What you have done is 3d ARRANGEMENT. Not 3d art.

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
SilverFang Mooncrest
Arodem

You paid for them.

Yes, it is.

What you're basically doing is equivalent to having a collection of dolls and pre-made sets, and taking a picture of them. You have to place the dolls, the objects, and the set and pose/compose them (while putting a lightbulb near by for better lighting) but you didn't make the doll, the props, or the set. You bought them and own them, but they weren't made with your own personal touch; you just liked them when you saw them at the store.

Sure, it takes work to compose the dolls and the props together, but you really can't call it your own art piece if you didn't create them.

Vampire

6,950 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Arodem
SilverFang Mooncrest

*Sighs* Apparently you haven't done 3d art before. I'm going to be nice ok. I'm not an a**.

Apparently YOU haven't done 3d art before.

I have. What you have done is 3d ARRANGEMENT. Not 3d art.

Excuse me?? if you are going to insult me please leave.

Vampire

6,950 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Kupocake
SilverFang Mooncrest
Arodem

You paid for them.

Yes, it is.

What you're basically doing is equivalent to having a collection of dolls and pre-made sets, and taking a picture of them. You have to place the dolls, the objects, and the set and pose/compose them (while putting a lightbulb near by for better lighting) but you didn't make the doll, the props, or the set. You bought them and own them, but they weren't made with your own personal touch; you just liked them when you saw them at the store.

Sure, it takes work to compose the dolls and the props together, but you really can't call it your own art piece if you didn't create them.

*sighs* I just like making 3d art that is all I didn't post this to start a fight with gaians. Yes it does take work ALOT of it to do Renders. There no button to push to get what in your head out on the screen at all. You still have to do the work. Sometimes you make a wonderful works of art other time you have to redo it tell its just the way you want it to be. It takes time an ALOT of self control. Its not for everyone

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
SilverFang Mooncrest
Kupocake
SilverFang Mooncrest
Arodem

You paid for them.

Yes, it is.

*sighs* I just like making 3d art that is all I didn't post this to start a fight with gaians. Yes it does take work ALOT of it to do Renders. There no button to push to get what in your head out on the screen at all. You still have to do the work. Sometimes you make a wonderful works of art other time you have to redo it tell its just the way you want it to be. It takes time an ALOT of self control. Its not for everyone
You're giving yourself way too much credit. What about the people who actually create their own models AND composes them? Do you consider yourself in the same league as them?

Vampire

6,950 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Kupocake
SilverFang Mooncrest
Kupocake
SilverFang Mooncrest
Arodem

You paid for them.

Yes, it is.

You're giving yourself way too much credit. What about the people who actually create their own models AND composes them? Do you consider yourself in the same league as them?

Yes. Yes i do actually. They do the very same thing as I do. They still have to compose everything an the program still renders the textures together. There no one touch boom the art is done bottom. The program doesn't work that way. None of them do. And yes those that make the material ARE artiest themselves. I didn't say they weren't. But they make there material using other pre-made models.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff