Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Browser

3,700 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
Does anyone know where you can get supplies for needle felting, I have a Michael's, Hobby Lobby and a knitting store near my house. Does anyone know if any of the places carry the wool and needles?

Also any tips about starting on this new hobby are welcome n__n
Why don't you go to the stores and look for yourself?
ahh, ******** off Giovanana.

i know that joanne's has the needles. but only the "super" joanne's.
It's weird the needles can be really hard to find, I went on a hunt from store to store in another town, the Michael's there had books on felting but no supplies, even the staff thought that was quite weird. I ended up buying my needles from Etsy.

These are the stores I got mine from:

http://www.DraigAthar.etsy.com

http://www.woolpets.etsy.com

Though there are other suppliers of them on Etsy and some on Ebay sometimes, as for walk in stores, I never found one myself when I was hunting for them so I'm sorry can't help you there.

Beloved Browser

3,700 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
Giovanana
Why don't you go to the stores and look for yourself?

stare well seeing as to how nobody can find supplies there, I've saved my self a few hours of searching.

Thanks to IceVoid and Niczilla, I might order a kit of some kind for this first project, otherwise etsy looks like it'll be my friend.
Niczilla

There's no need for that. I would rather go look than wait around for people to tell me.

zearley
well seeing as to how nobody can find supplies there, I've saved my self a few hours of searching.

Okay, or you could have called the store to ask them. You don't know that their JoAnns is the same as your JoAnns. The JoAnns near me now is twice as big as the one near where I used to live. And it isn't a "super" store either. It doesn't hurt to ask.
It's probable you can get the roving from the knitting store, it depends if they sell things for spinning too (a lot of the knitting shops near where I live vend both).

Felting needles are like phantoms in a lot of places. It's best to call and see if your local branches have them in stock, or are planning to. Sometimes they only get new stock in once a month, but this is a craft-heavy season and needle felting is becoming vogue, so more and more places are carrying the supplies. They might not have them right now, but could be expecting them in.
Giovanana
Niczilla

There's no need for that. I would rather go look than wait around for people to tell me.

but that's you.
it's also good to know where other people get their things, whether it be online or in store. so there's no need to be rude about someone asking where some people might have seen anything related to what she's looking for.
Niczilla
Giovanana
Niczilla

but that's you.
it's also good to know where other people get their things, whether it be online or in store. so there's no need to be rude about someone asking where some people might have seen anything related to what she's looking for.

Oh, so I'm the rude one. I was only making a suggestion. You're the one who told me to ******** off. She said she had the stores nearby. It would only make sense to go and see or at least make a phone call. But if someone says "No, Michael's never has any stuff" but the one near her does, it's a missed opportunity.
Giovanana
Niczilla
Giovanana
Niczilla

but that's you.

Oh, so I'm the rude one. I was only making a suggestion. You're the one who told me to ******** off. She said she had the stores nearby. It would only make sense to go and see or at least make a phone call. But if someone says "No, Michael's never has any stuff" but the one near her does, it's a missed opportunity.

you misunderstood. i said there's no need to be rude about someone asking a question about this. there are much nicer ways to say to go look in store, fyi.
Niczilla
Giovanana
Niczilla
Giovanana
Niczilla

but that's you.

you misunderstood. i said there's no need to be rude about someone asking a question about this. there are much nicer ways to say to go look in store, fyi.

I just said it the simplest way.
Giovanana
Niczilla
Giovanana
Niczilla
Giovanana
Niczilla

but that's you.

which is why you came off as rude.
Niczilla
Giovanana
Niczilla
Giovanana
Niczilla

but that's you.

Your argument is specious. There's nothing rude about the way I phrased the question. One cannot judge without a tone of voice.
Giovanana
Niczilla
Giovanana
Niczilla
Giovanana
Niczilla

but that's you.

Your argument is specious. There's nothing rude about the way I phrased the question. One cannot judge without a tone of voice.

say it out loud. it even sounds rude.
You hear rudeness because you want to hear rudeness. When I say it aloud, it sounds perfectly normal to me. Shall I make you an mp3?

(Why, yes, that last part was rude.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces