What's that? 0.29761904761905 29.8% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 84 ]

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Preston886
The PS4 at the moment has more to offer at a more efficient price.

THAT is the problem right there. For someone who loves Futurama so much you sure like to live in the present and the past.

I can't change your mind but how about this?

Do you see the XB1 being the superior or even equal to the PS4 within a year? Like I posted some time back, by this time next year? I REALLY seeing it happening.

I think the biggest thing to hurt BOTH consoles (because let's face it, both have outsold their predecessors in terms of sales over time) are their lack of titles. The same exact thing happened when Infamous 2nd Son and Titanfall came out. BOTH consoles' sales increased by around 100% for that month. And recently, while not OUTSELLING the PS4, Microsoft has gotten REALLY close to Sony's sells in games. What this means, essentially, is that people are buying consoles and playing LAST GEN games on them. That's just weird, isn't it?

And when I say "hurt" the consoles, I mean, well...how about another vehicle analogy:

The PS4 is a badass sports car. It looks amazing and everyone knows it can drive really fast...but you CAN'T drive it really fast because of the speed limit (lack of games)

The XB1 is fighter jet. REALLY expensive but not very practical. It can do a lot of things but people don't care because, let's face it, there hasn't been a need for fighter jets for at least a decade. It can't shine because people won't give it a chance/there isn't any plane on plane combat for it to show off.

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Kaiser Khorosho
Preston886

THAT is the problem right there. For someone who loves Futurama so much you sure like to live in the present and the past.

Do you see the XB1 being the superior or even equal to the PS4 within a year? Like I posted some time back, by this time next year? I REALLY seeing it happening.

I think the biggest thing to hurt BOTH consoles (because let's face it, both have outsold their predecessors in terms of sales over time) are their lack of titles. The same exact thing happened when Infamous 2nd Son and Titanfall came out. BOTH consoles' sales increased by around 100% for that month. And recently, while not OUTSELLING the PS4, Microsoft has gotten REALLY close to Sony's sells in games. What this means, essentially, is that people are buying consoles and playing LAST GEN games on them. That's just weird, isn't it?

And when I say "hurt" the consoles, I mean, well...how about another vehicle analogy:

The PS4 is a badass sports car. It looks amazing and everyone knows it can drive really fast...but you CAN'T drive it really fast because of the speed limit (lack of games)

The XB1 is fighter jet. REALLY expensive but not very practical. It can do a lot of things but people don't care because, let's face it, there hasn't been a need for fighter jets for at least a decade. It can't shine because people won't give it a chance/there isn't any plane on plane combat for it to show off.

I don't see the XboxOne being superior, not on a hardware level or software level. Microsoft is still focused on making a failed product work without any improvements on why it failed, believing forcing it to consumers will make it work. Meanwhile, like you said earlier Kensei Sony's PS4 has tech specs that haven't been reached yet.

I do like the Kinect, but it's heavily flawed and needs tech overhaul. It had potentials and missed it's mark. Once it's refined and fixed completely then reintroduce it with less gimmicky games. Maybe add peripherals like the PS3 did to enhance it. But I feel moving away from motion controls is a smart choice right now as that's what Nintendo and Sony are doing.

The XboxOne needs to do 2 things. Drop the Kinect is #1 and more exclusive titles that use Xbox Smart Glass functionally. Give me a reason to want to download that app AND a reason to use regularly on the XboxOne. I would love if 343i made an ORIGINAL Halo game, where you could sync your Xbox Smartglass to the game get into a game and drop support for your allies. Maybe add a credit system to buy different types of support and have a time limit? Maybe throw in a missile strikes or MAC blasts? just really make it immersive without having to play the game. Maybe my friends are in a game and I'm on a date and every so often I can drop support for them. 3nodding

Sadly 343i doesn't have the competency to be that good. gonk

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Preston886
Kaiser Khorosho
Preston886

I don't see the XboxOne being superior, not on a hardware level or software level. Microsoft is still focused on making a failed product work without any improvements on why it failed, believing forcing it to consumers will make it work. Meanwhile, like you said earlier Kensei Sony's PS4 has tech specs that haven't been reached yet.

I do like the Kinect, but it's heavily flawed and needs tech overhaul. It had potentials and missed it's mark. Once it's refined and fixed completely then reintroduce it with less gimmicky games. Maybe add peripherals like the PS3 did to enhance it. But I feel moving away from motion controls is a smart choice right now as that's what Nintendo and Sony are doing.

The XboxOne needs to do 2 things. Drop the Kinect is #1 and more exclusive titles that use Xbox Smart Glass functionally. Give me a reason to want to download that app AND a reason to use regularly on the XboxOne. I would love if 343i made an ORIGINAL Halo game, where you could sync your Xbox Smartglass to the game get into a game and drop support for your allies. Maybe add a credit system to buy different types of support and have a time limit? Maybe throw in a missile strikes or MAC blasts? just really make it immersive without having to play the game. Maybe my friends are in a game and I'm on a date and every so often I can drop support for them. 3nodding

Sadly 343i doesn't have the competency to be that good. gonk

Sigh...that's why I said IN A YEAR. You don't think they can fix the kinect/come out with a good kinect based game within that time? And why do you have a hard on for Smart Glass handheld s**t? That's over complicating everything. You can pretty much do what you can do with Smart Glass with the Kinect by opening a skype chat or snapping another window open for TV.

Unfortunately, I don't see Smart Glass or any other peripheral screen becoming too big. Wii U tried it and it didn't catch or else the Wii U might have sold more. One screen is good. It wouldn't be wise for a developer to support this feature when, let's be honest, games already put you in first person to do these tasks, such as missile strikes in COD or a drone in Splinter Cell. The problem is that this accounts for 1% of the gameplay at most.

No if they could incorporate it into the new Alien game as the HUD/motion tracker and the ONLY HUD, then holy s**t that'd be ******** awesome. Sadly, though...innovation doesn't sell.

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Innovation sells, look at Nintendo's Wii! It still beat out most consoles during it's time with motion controls that worked and the adapter piece that made the controls more fluent, it was amazing! But Nintendo was smart and moved on.

there's a lot Microsoft can do with the smartglass, like I said similar to Battlefield 4 and the app, you have supplies dropped and airstrikes, etc. It can be used as you said with an Aliens game as a motion detector, and so on. There's a lot of untapped potential and instead of pushing a failed product, focus on the new one.

Kensei if the Kinect didn't work in 2010 and they didn't fix it in 2013 with the XboxOne, what makes you think they'll fix it by next year? They're not. Which is why the Kinect should be optional or non-existent until they actual do get it to work properly.

Sexy Fox

>Wii U tried two screens and didn't catch.
Once again Kensei you prove yourself wrong, it has been catching attention. Sure it may not be used often as a dual screen but for off tv play it's wonders.

The problem is that developers don't know jack s**t how to program games with a second screen for additional playability, hence why 3rd party for Nintendo sucks. They can't grasp it in their tiny little minds. For instance, Zombi U makes a perfect example of using the main screen and the gamepad, you're looking through your bag on the gamepad while checking at the tv for any zombies that try to attack you while organizing. Ubisoft was able to do it, why can't others do it too?

And Preston is right, because of the Wii's motion controls it sold and sold greatly plus with it being at it's peak with Wii Motion+, they don't need to make it better because they capitalized on it and making any improvements here wouldn't really matter. The Kinect was a good idea on paper but it got ******** in the transition to reality, hence why they should go back to the drawing board and spend possible one to three years thinking on how to improve it.

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Preston886
Innovation sells, look at Nintendo's Wii! It still beat out most consoles during it's time with motion controls that worked and the adapter piece that made the controls more fluent, it was amazing! But Nintendo was smart and moved on.

there's a lot Microsoft can do with the smartglass, like I said similar to Battlefield 4 and the app, you have supplies dropped and airstrikes, etc. It can be used as you said with an Aliens game as a motion detector, and so on. There's a lot of untapped potential and instead of pushing a failed product, focus on the new one.

Kensei if the Kinect didn't work in 2010 and they didn't fix it in 2013 with the XboxOne, what makes you think they'll fix it by next year? They're not. Which is why the Kinect should be optional or non-existent until they actual do get it to work properly.

PRICE sold the Wii. It was the most inexpensive console, but if you look at that video? Okami and No More Heroes, arguably the best use of the Wii's controller, sold like 1.5 million units COMBINED. Now that the console costs somewhere around $400 for extra accessories like a bigger battery for the gamepad and a game to play...that's bad. The Wii was like what? $300 for the Wii, a game, and a remote charger. THAT is awesome.

And the new Kinect is already better than the old one. YCANUNOCTHAT?! emotion_donotwant

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Kaiser Khorosho
Preston886

PRICE sold the Wii. It was the most inexpensive console, but if you look at that video? Okami and No More Heroes, arguably the best use of the Wii's controller, sold like 1.5 million units COMBINED. Now that the console costs somewhere around $400 for extra accessories like a bigger battery for the gamepad and a game to play...that's bad. The Wii was like what? $300 for the Wii, a game, and a remote charger. THAT is awesome.

And the new Kinect is already better than the old one. YCANUNOCTHAT?! emotion_donotwant

I can't see the new Kinect being better than the old one because it requires you to be a specific height still to function, the room can't have any clutter must be a specific size, and you skin tone as well to be recognized. Not to mention more than 1 person throws it off, which makes 2 player kinect games on it impossible. Voice recognition is still buggy, albeit slightly better. Overall, should be optional.

Also price didn't sell the Wii. It was about $250 when it launched? The games that sold the most on it were Mario, Zelda, but it also made good use of driving games like Mario Kart and Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort arguably used the Wii motion controls to it's utmost best possibilities.

Kensei, just give up trying to prove us wrong. We're just going to throw facts at you. The Kinect was a nice try and it failed, Microsoft forcing it down our throats isn't going to help it anymore. Sometimes you have to look at the facts and say, well s**t. And admit defeat.

Like the Genesis vs. Super Nintendo, the SNES arguably better in graphics and sound quality while the Genesis had some better hardware, however it's downfall was that they didn't change the console and instead believed adapters were the future like the SEGA CD and 32X. Sure those meant playing better games, but seriously they were a pain in the a** and the 32X was fickel with working sometimes.

And Nintendo had it's own failure with the Virtual Boy, they wouldn't reintroduce 3D technology until the 3DS many years later. IT's all about going back to the drawing board Kensei and figuring out why something isn't working or selling. Microsoft didn't do that with the XboxOne.

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The only WRONG I'm trying to prove is that the console isn't s**t. It's sold 4 million consoles in six months. That's nothing to scoff at. And I LOVE how you two keep using the term shove it down our throats. That is what's pissing me off more than anything. If 4 million people bought it then it's hardly forcing.

Can we forgo any more judgement until E3? The new guy who took over for XBOX has said he's going to steer more towards gaming instead of the all-in-one idea. Maybe he'll announce something or show off something that'll make you come crawling back to the console that you've love for more than a decade...I can only hope.

Sexy Fox

I never really loved my 360 after the raise in Gold's price, the ads on the dash, and the updates that made the dash look horrible.

The only way I'll come "crawling back" is if I see a $50 yearly gold again, a model that doesn't say "cable box", ad-less dash with customize-able features, exclusives that actually catch my eye that aren't any currently known IP, a $350-300 price point with no Kinect, 1080p for all games, the ability to upgrade the HDD without the need of a branded HDD or external.

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Kochou Rairakku
I never really loved my 360 after the raise in Gold's price, the ads on the dash, and the updates that made the dash look horrible.

The only way I'll come "crawling back" is if I see a $50 yearly gold again, a model that doesn't say "cable box", ad-less dash with customize-able features, exclusives that actually catch my eye that aren't any currently known IP, a $350-300 price point with no Kinect, 1080p for all games, the ability to upgrade the HDD without the need of a branded HDD or external.

Yeah, and maybe after that miracle they'll go punch out God.

Seriously, Kochou? $10. TEN ******** DOLLARS? I know you got onto my s**t before on not telling you how to spend your money, but man, that's Large #4 combo at Wendy's, man.

Oh, and let's totally forget that Sony decided to make PS+ cost $50 when it used to be free. But hey, we can forgive that, right? I mean, MS just raised their yearly cost $10 a year but Sony raised their service $50. That's just, five times as much, right?

And the dash...who gives a s**t about the dash? You look at it for maybe 30 seconds a day. And if you're looking at it more than that instead of turning your XBOX on and pushing (A) to play the game, something's wrong.

All I see are a couple of guys, kids, really, that didn't get their way and are nitpicking the hell out of this knew console for its company's past transgressions. Why not turn that on Sony, huh?

$600 price tag on launch. Barely any games. Mandatory bluray when blurays were ******** EXPENSIVE. A controller who's 6-axis controls barely worked. "Oh, but Kensei! They fixed all that!" THE XB1 CAN FIX THEIR s**t TOO BUT YOU'RE NOT GIVING THEM A ******** CHANCE!!!

Like I said, give it a year. They'll turn things around, but by then I'll be playing Halo 2 Anniversary and you two won't be, will you?

Sexy Fox

Kaiser Khorosho
Kochou Rairakku

Yeah, and maybe after that miracle they'll go punch out God.

Seriously, Kochou? $10. TEN ******** DOLLARS? I know you got onto my s**t before on not telling you how to spend your money, but man, that's Large #4 combo at Wendy's, man.

Oh, and let's totally forget that Sony decided to make PS+ cost $50 when it used to be free. But hey, we can forgive that, right? I mean, MS just raised their yearly cost $10 a year but Sony raised their service $50. That's just, five times as much, right?

And the dash...who gives a s**t about the dash? You look at it for maybe 30 seconds a day. And if you're looking at it more than that instead of turning your XBOX on and pushing (A) to play the game, something's wrong.

All I see are a couple of guys, kids, really, that didn't get their way and are nitpicking the hell out of this knew console for its company's past transgressions. Why not turn that on Sony, huh?

$600 price tag on launch. Barely any games. Mandatory bluray when blurays were ******** EXPENSIVE. A controller who's 6-axis controls barely worked. "Oh, but Kensei! They fixed all that!" THE XB1 CAN FIX THEIR s**t TOO BUT YOU'RE NOT GIVING THEM A ******** CHANCE!!!

Like I said, give it a year. They'll turn things around, but by then I'll be playing Halo 2 Anniversary and you two won't be, will you?
That $10 defined my experience, but it was ruined once the apps were added onto the fee which is outrageous. It should have been a separate thing for those who actually wanted it.

I do, many others do, fyi, some of us like to hang out on the dashboard before we hop into any game. My PS3 and Wii U? Everytime I turn them on I feel over joyed because I have something I can look at, the W8 look took that away on my 360. That's the whole point of the theme's, to DEFINE. YOUR. EXPERIENCE.

I can't turn anything on Sony because I have not seen anything wrong with them, same goes Nintendo. Yea I didn't have it when it was that much but I had a feeling there was a reason behind it. Sony got past their mistakes, yet Microsoft keeps making new ones as time goes on? I don't like it when someone thinks they've fixed something yet creates a new problem.

Who says I will? I could go to somewhere that has the H2A and play it. No, even better, I'LL PLAY THE VISTA VERSION BECAUSE THAT'S HOW MUCH MICROSOFT NEEDS TO FIX THEIR s**t.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Kaiser Khorosho
The only WRONG I'm trying to prove is that the console isn't s**t. It's sold 4 million consoles in six months. That's nothing to scoff at. And I LOVE how you two keep using the term shove it down our throats. That is what's pissing me off more than anything. If 4 million people bought it then it's hardly forcing.

Can we forgo any more judgement until E3? The new guy who took over for XBOX has said he's going to steer more towards gaming instead of the all-in-one idea. Maybe he'll announce something or show off something that'll make you come crawling back to the console that you've love for more than a decade...I can only hope.

I want to buy an XboxONE, but the only way I can get 1 is with the Kinect. Okay. Put 2 and 2 together.

I'd like a Kinectless bundle with a $100 price drop. However, if they just do a $100 price drop and keep the Kinect. No dice. I'd also like for their online market to be cheaper since we're not paying the game on disc, just a digital copy.

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Preston886
Kaiser Khorosho

I want to buy an XboxONE, but the only way I can get 1 is with the Kinect. Okay. Put 2 and 2 together.

I'd like a Kinectless bundle with a $100 price drop. However, if they just do a $100 price drop and keep the Kinect. No dice. I'd also like for their online market to be cheaper since we're not paying the game on disc, just a digital copy.

If the price drop happens, its $100 off either way. You can throw the ******** kinect away. You'll still have your $400 console. What does it matter? They've already said it can work without the Kinect.

Kochou Rairakku

And Kochou? Don't you dare sully Satsuki-sama's likeness with our petty argument. We're beneath her.

Sexy Fox

Kaiser Khorosho
Preston886
Kaiser Khorosho

If the price drop happens, its $100 off either way. You can throw the ******** kinect away. You'll still have your $400 console. What does it matter? They've already said it can work without the Kinect.

Kochou Rairakku

And Kochou? Don't you dare sully Satsuki-sama's likeness with our petty argument. We're beneath her.
Who says I was using her to refer to us? She's there for the point that I'm standing against this until I see them better themselves. If I wanted to refer to the bullshit that I'm calling out on I would have used Ragyo.

The whole point of having a Kinectless ONE is because the terms of cost. Yea, we know it can work without it, and yea we can get rid of it because it does crap now. But if it was removed from the equation, the ONE would be cheaper to produce and sales would probably do better than they do now.

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Kochou Rairakku
Kaiser Khorosho
Preston886
Kaiser Khorosho

Kochou Rairakku

Who says I was using her to refer to us? She's there for the point that I'm standing against this until I see them better themselves. If I wanted to refer to the bullshit that I'm calling out on I would have used Ragyo.

The whole point of having a Kinectless ONE is because the terms of cost. Yea, we know it can work without it, and yea we can get rid of it because it does crap now. But if it was removed from the equation, the ONE would be cheaper to produce and sales would probably do better than they do now.

Honestly? I think it was their PR more than anything. They kept opening up their mouths when Sony kept staying silent. I think its probably 20% the Kinect and 80% people talking s**t about their bad marketing decisions than anything. Price is definitely an issue, but I think all the negativity in the months leading up to the launch, DRM being the BIGGEST issue, led to the sells being lower than the PS4s.

If they had kept their mouths shut and fixed the DRM quietly instead of saying "suck it up" then "oops, our bad," I think the sells would be pretty close, something like 6 PS4s for every 5 XB1s as opposes to 4 PS4s for every 3 XB1s.

Again, the XB1 is attractive to me because I think the Kinect can go places, and I like the controller better. That's the only universal thing across the board from all reviewers. The XB1's controller is a work of art.

I'm not bashing the PS4 at all. I think its a great machine, I'm just loyal to MS's franchises. I wanna play Halo for the next 5-6 years, and I can't do that on a PS4.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff