Welcome to Gaia! ::

Synyster Slash
Why do you beat yourself up? :[

I don't. I just know good when I see it, and I'm not good. Not yet, anyway. Maybe if I make it to 90 I'll be as good as some of the guys I look up to.

It's not that I think I can't draw or anything, I know I can. It's my job and all that. I just have really, really high standards and my own work doesn't really live up to them. So in my eyes, I suck.

Fashionable Shopper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
ninota
Synyster Slash
Why do you beat yourself up? :[

I don't. I just know good when I see it, and I'm not good. Not yet, anyway. Maybe if I make it to 90 I'll be as good as some of the guys I look up to.

It's not that I think I can't draw or anything, I know I can. It's my job and all that. I just have really, really high standards and my own work doesn't really live up to them. So in my eyes, I suck.

Ah, okay. I wasn't trying to get in your business or anything. It just sounds like... I don't want to say self-loathing. Just... gonk

I saw one of your paintings, I don't think you suck. :3
Synyster Slash
Ah, okay. I wasn't trying to get in your business or anything. It just sounds like... I don't want to say self-loathing. Just... gonk

Oh it's all right, I get that a lot. And thank you for the compliment.
ninota
Synyster Slash

Oh it's all right, I get that a lot. And thank you for the compliment.
If it makes you feel any better, I look up to Ingres (the Neoclassical artist) and I probably draw as well as half the s**t on this forum.

Granted, I'm a writer not an artist. Still really depressing.
Chicken Fister
If it makes you feel any better, I look up to Ingres (the Neoclassical artist) and I probably draw as well as half the s**t on this forum.

Yeah the people I look up to are pretty much all old masters. I love Baroque artists, especially Rubens and Caravaggio.

I look at my stuff and I just sort of want to curl up and die most of the time.

Shadowy Phantom

ninota: I feel the same about my art too. A lot of artists do, even the ones that most people consider to be really awesome. As long as not being completely satisfied keeps you moving forward, it's a good thing. The trouble is when you are so depressed that you give up :/
Kyousouka
As long as not being completely satisfied keeps you moving forward, it's a good thing. The trouble is when you are so depressed that you give up :/

Nah, that'll never happen. I'm much too stubborn to give up. 4laugh

It really does motivate me and it also makes me want to try harder.
It occurs to me that we need more guides, like how to create totally realistic and believable gay relationships in a manga style. More information is always of great use!

Fashionable Shopper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
That would be a great read. And then it can be distributed throughout Smackjeeves.
Mike S McC II
It occurs to me that we need more guides, like how to create totally realistic and believable gay relationships in a manga style. More information is always of great use!

Gimme a few. I'm on it

EDIT: Though it'll probably be in text form, because that's what I'm more comfortable with.
Tovarish Groznaya
Mike S McC II

Gimme a few. I'm on it

EDIT: Though it'll probably be in text form, because that's what I'm more comfortable with.

Go for it. I'm busy with some commissions right now and can't draw any more guides at the moment. sad
It's pretty easy: Write some people falling in love. Emphasis on the people part. neutral
ninota
Chicken Fister

Yeah the people I look up to are pretty much all old masters. I love Baroque artists, especially Rubens and Caravaggio.

I look at my stuff and I just sort of want to curl up and die most of the time.

I'm already older than Caravaggio was when he died.

I never wanted to be a classical painter, but damn was he good.
User Image

sweatdrop sweatdrop heart heart xp xp blaugh stressed scream ninja 4laugh 4laugh 4laugh 4laugh 4laugh 4laugh 4laugh crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying
omg omg liek

omg

dat is soooooooooooo kawaii omg omg omg *dies*

omg!!!1111

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items