Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Out of these which language would you like to learn?

Japanese 0.61904761904762 61.9% [ 26 ]
French 0.38095238095238 38.1% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 42 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Questionable Humorist

So i'm thinking about taking Japanese for a language, but I've heard its hard to write and I don't want to flunk a college course. Now french, it has the same alphabet or something similar to the English one right?
So I want to know which one you think would be easier to learn.

Questionable Humorist

dark-fallen-angel6
So i'm thinking about taking Japanese for a language, but I've heard its hard to write and I don't want to flunk a college course. Now french, it has the same alphabet or something similar to the English one right?

language is generally hard to learn, its more of WHAT YOU WANT TO LEARN razz

not WHAT OTHERS TELL YOU TO LEARN. xD

If you are doing it for school, just do the one that is easier or what others want you to do.

Questionable Humorist

Kaito -iVocaloid-
dark-fallen-angel6

If you are doing it for school, just do it by urself.

oh i'm just wondering what people would pick. Their opinion will have nothing to do with my choice.
I'm leaning toward Japanese anyway.

Questionable Humorist

dark-fallen-angel6
Kaito -iVocaloid-
dark-fallen-angel6

If you are doing it for school, just do it by urself.

oh i'm just wondering what people would pick. Their opinion will have nothing to do with my choice.
I'm leaning toward Japanese anyway.

My opinion is, French is useful if you are going to France, sometime in life time.
Japanese is useful if you are going to Japan sometime in life time.

Questionable Humorist

dark-fallen-angel6
bump

dont bump... this is not a chatter box xD

Questionable Humorist

Kaito -iVocaloid-
dark-fallen-angel6
bump

dont bump... this is not a chatter box xD

Darn...

Questionable Humorist

Anyone else have an opinion?
japanese i think is ok but maybe a little hard to you i come from china so maybe japanese is much easier to me,franch is also a beautiful language but i think language if you want to learn them well you should practise more and study hard biggrin
okay well I can speak french, its a really beautiful language, but im really bad at writing it and reading it lol. I also learn japanese at school, and I can speak it well, again, im not very good at writing and reading it but im okay with it. Japanese has katakana, kanji and hiragana, there easy to learn because you just have to momorize them and then you will know them. French is a lot more difficult than Japanese IMO.

6,050 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
personally I think that Japanese is easier to pronounce ^^; I remember having a little bit of trouble with french in High school... but I really don't have any trouble pronouncing Japanese... there are a few words that when conjugated in certain forms might get you a little tongue tied... but it's nothing that won't go away with practice........ though I guess that would be true with French too... the language will get easier the more you do it ^_^ Good luck!
I would suggest French because it has many parallels with English, but enough differences to get your brain to work in a different way. I tried learning Japanese before French, and I had lots of issues with the grammar. Now, after taking French, I am finding it easier now that I sort of know how to deal with another language's rules, and tenses that don't quite exist in English or work in a different way. The writing system for Japanese is very time consuming and consists of memorization for the most part, but the grammar works very differently from English and is (to me) more difficult to master.

Ultimately, you should pick something you're willing to put effort into. Japanese would probably take more effort, but if it is something you really want to learn it might be better than a language you just "sort of" want to learn.
I'm currently studying Japanese, and the different alphabet isn't actually that bad. You learn it, and then you get it down pretty quickly as you're using it. Plus, I think the structure is a lot easier to learn and use than English structure.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff